AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-05-18, 22:37   Link #41
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

heh heh, that's true too....

but take off the druggies in SEED, we wont see the Freedom and Justice in action, as well as a factor in Orb battle and the final battle.

take off extendeds, well, nothing really happens....(except for Stella of course). The battles can be fought without Auel and Sting, really. (That is, if Neo stepped up)
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 22:38   Link #42
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Any character who's primary vocabulary is "Mamoru..Shinn..Neo..Kowai..Shinanai" is not going to get any support from me. Grow some brains, then maybe we can scratch the surface on Stella's wasted pilot skill. Auel, Sting, and Stella teamed up 3 on 1 vs Shinn and failed horribly. I'm sure Kira would've SAVIORed them all with his master hand tied behind his back, blindfolded, and getting road head from Lacus in the cockpit "Swordfish" style. No, Kira isn't that good. The Extendeds just suck that much.

Any pilot who gets owned by three Murasames (aka the grunt MS that was two votes away from being voted Most Times PWNED in a Single Series, 1st place was Windam) does not deserve to be in any "X vs Y" topics. Sting, you are disqualified. And as I said, Stella did not pass the mandatory aptitude test to be considered in this discussion. That leaves Auel, who did accomplish owning a bunch of G00hNs and Zn0s underwater, shaking off Luna and Rey and sinking some Vosgulov-class ships. And he did pretty well against Shinn head-to-head before the "I can't dodge anything!" plot virus took over the Abyss's control system.

SEED druggies: Great side characters, made the most of their Gundams.
Extendeds: FAIL. WASTED POTENTIAL. GTFO.
Old 2006-05-19, 04:57   Link #43
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
On earth, The extended suits are customized to work on land sea and air, but that's also a fault in this kind of fight... The extended suits were all able to fly, meaning at the begining of the fight they would be able to start by gang banging Chaos because gaia and forbidden are stuck on the ground and have to rely on very long range fire, which i'm sure the druggies can hanndle while the take out choas... They could then move on to Gaia, again it's a 3 on 1 because abyss is stuck in the water, using only long range fire... Finally, they do a three on one against Abyss... and though there weapons may not be too effective against Abyss while it's underwater, the Abyss i believe would still need to come back up in order to attack... in the end, the Abyss would not be able to go the offencive, but it would probably win by default because the druggies would end up needing their pills
Chaos, Gaia and Abyss are designed as multi-purpose MS with a specific-purpose mobile armor mode. They're not "stuck" anywhere.

Forbidden could fly, it was Calamity that used Raider as a taxi.

Quote:
Also, since the Extended suits were built for combat on earth, they probably would not do as well in space as the the druggie suits... afterall, the druggie suits were built to go on the offencive against ZAFT in space...
Chaos is supposed to be a space-use MS - look at the intros, Chaos is in space, Gaia is on land and Abyss is in the water. The same theme is repeated in the second ending theme - Chaos is visible above the moon, Gaia is in a desert and Abyss is submerged.

Chaos, Gaia and Abyss are obviously superior in specs, but have inferior pilots. Obi-Wan summed it up quite nicely:

Quote:
SEED druggies: Great side characters, made the most of their Gundams.
Extendeds: FAIL. WASTED POTENTIAL. GTFO.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 12:28   Link #44
Tyreal-Gundam

Send a message via MSN to Tyreal-Gundam
Lets Not Forget Phase 6 When The Chaos And Abyss Get Owned By Yzak n Dearka Meanwhile They Were Only Piloting Slash ZAKU Phantom and a Gunner ZAKU Warrior...
Shinn was so impressed because he knew he'd get pwned by them any day
And For Steller, I Do Believe She Is The Only One Who Actually Killed A 'Main' Character, Heine.
Tyreal-Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 12:52   Link #45
SlugZilla
woofles

The only the way the Destiny trio can beat the SEED trio is when they are placed a one on one situation with each placed in their own aqcuainted battlefield, but for 3 on 3 the SEED trio can mesh their abilities together better than the Destiny trio in any battlefield.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 13:00   Link #46
Tyreal-Gundam

My Mistake, It Was Athrun Who Was Helping Yzak Pwn Off The Abyss And Chaos.
Old 2006-05-19, 13:54   Link #47
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyreal-Gundam
Lets Not Forget Phase 6.
Don't worry, we didn't forget it. (back on page 1)
Old 2006-05-19, 14:02   Link #48
Tyreal-Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Don't worry, we didn't forget it. (back on page 1)
Oh, Whoops. I didn't notice you already said that, sorry.
Old 2006-05-20, 04:06   Link #49
Huhtis
Keron will rise!

SEED Druggies > Extendeds
hands down.

They gave Freedom and Justice pretty hard time in land and space and still got
nice amount of ZAFT and Orb grunts pwned.
Instead of extendeds who only got some grunt kills and nothing else.
I mean even Chaos got ownd by Murasames (Murasames are cool).
Huhtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 04:52   Link #50
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

So, with many things said, I'd like to add another thing.

The SEED druggies proved that they, EAF soldiers, handled their EA MS's well.

The GSD Extended's showed that stealing another's technology proves that you'll have to RTFM and be one with your machine before you can do anything good with it

You made it, you know how to use it well. If you didn't make it, be prepared to figure it out, most possibly do on the job training like the extended's lol...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 18:20   Link #51
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
er this is touchy fro me seeing how im a fan of all EA people and ms's. however, everyone has already pointed out the minor differences. I agreee with whoever said that the Extendeds sarcirficed raw power for loyal obiedence. I mean Gee Neo was a babysitter compared to Azreal (who had the druggies beaten ocassionally).

but the Druggies were driven by blood rage and not wanting to feel pain when thier drugges wore off. Extendeds were driven by impressing papa bear Neo. (at least Stellar for sure.)
Old 2006-05-23, 16:34   Link #52
vblaze101

Well, I'd have to put my money on the Druggies from Seed as well. Main reason being that the Druggies were literally out of their minds yet had team work that far surpassed anything Destiny's Extends could come up with it. I mean, the way the Druggies put each others' lives in discrete danger just to kill the enemy shows that either they sincerely trust one another with their lives or are just out their freakin' minds (I'd say no more than 25% of the former and at least 75% of the latter). And about Forbidden. I think it might possess good underwater capabilities, though I presume not close to those of Abyss. The Forbidden Blue uses the same beam deflection armor as Forbidden...........this armor is what enables the Forbidden Blue to stay submerged at high depths and overcome enough water resistance to reach speeds of ovr 100 knots. So, who's to say the Shani's Forbidden is far off from such capabilities?
vblaze101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 06:48   Link #53
FogHog

Let me join the very lopsdied poll

since GS is hundred times better show than GSD, so GS Druggies wins by default, no contest at all.

On a seriously note, noone from GS was able to keep up with raider until the very end when he went crazy. I always thought clotho have given more problem to kira/athrun becasue of it's manuver and aggressive style.
FogHog is offline   Reply With Quote