AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-01-24, 19:13   Link #601
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Well more then likely. Tomorrow is my last day to get internet that I can upload documents on and I doubt I can finish it in one night... Gomen nesai ><; I'm just so lazy and forget to do it... And tons of other projects I have to do... @_@

EDIT:
Post 600 claim? ;P
gratulation^^

and finish in one night is a bad idea, then the fic will loose quality
so there is nothing to apologise
I can wait some more time

edit: PAGE CLAIM lalalala count 2 :>
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 20:30   Link #602
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Challenge to everyone here.

If you are a fanfic writer, I challenge to you do a 500 word minimal, 1,000 word maximal fanfic about anthing. Examples:

(character) x (character)'s first kiss
(character) x (character) asking on a date
(character) x (character) in any moment (romantic, normal, or agruing. anything)

If you are not a fanfic writer, then challenge is 250 word minimal, 500 word maximal story on anything at all as well.

If you do said challenge, then I will do a request from you as well about anything. Lemon, romance, action, argument, kissing, feeling, petting, loving, anything.
Your challenge has been...accepted.

Spoiler for Letting go:
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 20:45   Link #603
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Oh shoot! I forget about that!
I knew it

Quote:
I guess no one knows... But I would sweep all the dead bodies out of the Image thread from bloodloss from NSFW pictures. :P
I know!

Quote:
I haven't had to do it in so long it feels good!
Doesn't it?

Quote:
But I don't get paid enough to clean the OC thread.
Rebellion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

Spoiler for Letting go:

Very amusing my friend Very amusing. Poor Nanoha, always looking out for her daughter, even if it's for things that shouldn't be worrisome, haha

@_@ too many smilies @_@
Old 2008-01-24, 21:27   Link #604
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Hmm..... Sata-chan, I don't think I can take on the challenge for time being But I do have some random stuffs to share.

Spoiler for Shopping Day, part ???:

P/S: this idea was inspired after a friend of mine SMS'ed me telling me that Carrefour had opened a branch next to his house, and I was like "what if Nanoha and Fate went to Carrefour to buy... let's say, milk?"
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 21:30   Link #605
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Okay, I'm finally forced to admit it to myself: I've fallen prey to mono. worst thing is, I have to wake up at 5:30 AM tomorrow morning to finish up stuff at work that only I can do. I know I've been tired recently and not able to focus on writing SbtB (sorry! >< )but tonight it's just .....wow. I need sleep.

Well, to make this on topic, here's a short to amuse you while I crash.
Spoiler for A gentle touch:
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 21:40   Link #606
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Okay, I'm finally forced to admit it to myself: I've fallen prey to mono. worst thing is, I have to wake up at 5:30 AM tomorrow morning to finish up stuff at work that only I can do. I know I've been tired recently and not able to focus on writing SbtB (sorry! >< )but tonight it's just .....wow. I need sleep.
Wow....'mono' being "Mononucleosis", right? Well, it's good you're going to sleep, but you should forget about work for a while. Doctor's orders (okay, intern's orders and not really orders since I'm not your physician but I've wanted to say that for a while )

Quote:
Awww, that's just so cute ^^. It'd be fun if it could become a full-fledged story but you're 1) In no position to write; and 2) You've got enough on your plate with Lyrical Days and Saved by the Bell. (perhaps even Redemption and the forgotten Emerald Night?)

Hope you'll get better soon...
Old 2008-01-24, 22:03   Link #607
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:

Sorry to hear that, Sata-chan. Believe in yourself! *cheers*

Well, I do want this to happen, but I doubt it will ever become a full-fledge story considering the situation you're facing. So I guess this can wait, right??

Now I need to think of why would Nanoha and Fate pain themselves buying milk for Vivio when they already- okay, enough with my dirty fantasies.
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 23:40   Link #608
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:

That's just plain cute

Get sleep satashi, take some time off, sleep deprivation can become a habit as well... As i've been forced to notice, messed up my biological clock so that i've been sleeping only 5 hours a night for the last couple of weeks...
I suggest you don't, it's rather aggravating to wake up after 5 hours and not be able to get asleep again...
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 02:31   Link #609
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:

a nice and cute little story
and I can agree with the others, get some time off for yourself to sleep or anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
That's just plain cute

Get sleep satashi, take some time off, sleep deprivation can become a habit as well... As i've been forced to notice, messed up my biological clock so that i've been sleeping only 5 hours a night for the last couple of weeks...
I suggest you don't, it's rather aggravating to wake up after 5 hours and not be able to get asleep again...
during the week I also get only 4-5 hours sleep

thx to you guys and girls

but at the weekends I sleep enough*i hope so *

Last edited by Gillian; 2008-01-25 at 02:48.
Old 2008-01-25, 08:54   Link #610
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kourin View Post
this has a great start... it's easy to follow, the suspense kept throughout. I like that the end part had Agito... but, some dark times ahead it seems... hope you write more soon. it was an evil place to stop and not have more to read.
Why thank you Although updates are dependent on the hammer of inspiration, as well as other considerations.... *shakes fist at the lure of the internets..*
Quote:
just two very small things in the first two paragraphs
EDIT:
Spoiler:
Ahaha, That's the type of feedback I like XD. Remind me to remember to read over my work before sticking it up.... otherwise things like that will get through... Then again, posting it up before going to bed probably wasn't the best of ideas..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
Comment 1. Our Mistress. Its a nice look from the point of view of The Meisters, and the end scene gives me vibes almost like Hostel, or the propagation scene in the movie Pulp fiction. Its a well done preview for the background, and later scenes. Tell me, is Signum going to start... breaking the target?
Haven't seen pulp fiction so not quite sure what you're referring to... Thanks for the comments.

Himitsu-desu
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Frankly I hate this kind of setup. They leave me going WTF. Mostly I prefer the chronological style of storytelling, not the "Let's do Ep10, then jump back to Ep1" kind of storytelling.

Not your fault though - the writing is OK (my sensitivity only really allows for two reliable grades here, Pass and Fail, so for all I could tell you could have gotten a 80), so tell me when you've written Ch1, and I'll read the two together and probably enjoy it.
I get what you're saying. Like you I normally like to go from the start to finish, but considering this is a new thing for me, I figure I'd try something different.

Oh and you might want to wait a bit more.... It's going to be at least chapter 2 or 3 where it'll catch up to the prologue, depending on how long the chapters get.

Quote:
@Thread: Af ew things here caught my eye, I'll read up on them ASAP
Yes, you should.... Specifically mine This applies for a number of people, including Fuyu and others..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Should I use Kha, and doom him forever? Or should I spare him a painfull death? Decisions, decisions, decisions.
DOOM HIM FOREVER!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
By all means, go ahead! At least we'll know which timeline was Archer summoned from!
Yeah..... keep dreaming Kha...
Quote:
but Nanoha's declaration to 'pop my sleepover cherry' made me flush even more.

Saved by the Bell IX
By: Satashi
/facepalm....

Mind, meet gutter...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
I can die happy...XD
Yare, yare.... we had enough bodies to deal with in the other thread.. lets keep them there shall we
Quote:
Hmm, sweet WAFFles

Good to see it's gender neutral as well, so it could be any number of people XD. Contrary to what some would believe...

No time today to work on Our Mistress, but hopefully I'll be able to get something done over the weekend for Monday.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 11:14   Link #611
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

Spoiler for Letting go:
Very nice ^^ That really sounds like something Nanoha would do. I'll counter this one sometime, don't have any ideas yet. You want anything specific?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Hmm..... Sata-chan, I don't think I can take on the challenge for time being But I do have some random stuffs to share.

Spoiler for Shopping Day, part ???:

P/S: this idea was inspired after a friend of mine SMS'ed me telling me that Carrefour had opened a branch next to his house, and I was like "what if Nanoha and Fate went to Carrefour to buy... let's say, milk?"
Quote:
Now I need to think of why would Nanoha and Fate pain themselves buying milk for Vivio when they already- okay, enough with my dirty fantasies.
Spoiler for USB's fantasy:
Old 2008-01-25, 12:01   Link #612
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
Spoiler for USB's fantasy:

oh, that's funny and entertaining

Last edited by Gillian; 2008-01-25 at 12:57.
Old 2008-01-25, 13:25   Link #613
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

So, with satashi taking a bit of a well earned (and needed) break from writing, i went and began reading all the other fics around...

...and since eagle just happened to be the first one in the list back on the first page, that's where i started.

I already had read some of her fics (White devil, Ode to darkness, Resplendence of ebony and Snare) before, so i had a pretty good idea of what to expect.

i'll use spoiler tags to save space, but i'll try to avoid all spoilers as much as possible.
btw, these aren't exactly reviews, more like my opinions of the stories and the authors style...

Spoiler for Ignis Fatuus:

Spoiler for Feathers:

Spoiler for Stigma:

Generally, the woman likes to write stories dark enough to dub her version of MGLN "Nanohaverse - Gothic", but she does this in a manner that borders genious.

The atmosphere is dark and moody, but usually with a good reason (IE killing off half the cast), and with such a dark background, every single piece of romance and humour is welcomed with open hands.

I think she keeps the characters true to the originals, but she takes the surrounding world and throws in a great deal of "if shit really did hit the fan", which requires a bit of work on her behalf as the canon rarely introduced anything quite as traumatic as eagles world does...

overall i recommend that anyone who hasn't read eagles work goes and corrects this mistake

oh, and his work is very heavily nanohaxfate centric

Edit: God bloody damned be this damned language and it's masculine/feminine words! Changed all he, his to she, her...
...that, and i really should start checking on people's genders a bit more it seems...
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.

Last edited by SpaceBrotha; 2008-01-25 at 13:54.
Old 2008-01-25, 13:36   Link #614
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Eagle is very good at dark plot, as well as hot and heavy N/F moments. (Fate's cleary the dom type, Nanoha being the willing sub)

I agree, HER works are awesome
Old 2008-01-25, 13:38   Link #615
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Aren't you supposed to be sleeping Satashi-sama? Don't make me come over there and put you to bed myself!

I haven't read any of Eagle's works I think... I'm a Satashi-sama addict Maybe I should start reading Eagle's stuff too?
Old 2008-01-25, 13:42   Link #616
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Aren't you supposed to be sleeping Satashi-sama? Don't make me come over there and put you to bed myself!

I haven't read any of Eagle's works I think... I'm a Satashi-sama addict Maybe I should start reading Eagle's stuff too?
Part of owning your own business is working when your sick as hell. Currently I'm eating lunch ( or trying to). I'll sleep when I get home >.<

More importantly, I think I have enough energy to think about SbtB and get some written today.

As for Eagle's stories. like I said they are mostly dark and pluck that string in your soul where you don't know to cry or smile. My stories "I don't know why" and "Come fly with me" were inspired/ heavily influenced by her writing.
Old 2008-01-25, 13:42   Link #617
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
Generally, the man likes to write stories dark enough to dub his version of MGLN "Nanohaverse - Gothic", but he does this in a manner that borders genious.

The atmosphere is dark and moody, but usually with a good reason (IE killing off half the cast), and with such a dark background, every single piece of romance and humour is welcomed with open hands.

I think he keeps the characters true to the originals, but he takes the surrounding world and throws in a great deal of "if shit really did hit the fan", which requires a bit of work on his behalf as the canon rarely introduced anything quite as traumatic as eagles world does...

overall i recommend that anyone who hasn't read eagles work goes and corrects this mistake

oh, and his work is very heavily nanohaxfate centric
jopp, that are really dark stories, especially RoE
and I'm looking forward to the next chapters of Ignis Fatuus and RoE

one of the much good things is the clear pairing

@spacebrotha
when you look for other fics
do you know http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1289162/Arigatou_Sheitarou her?
there are also good fics

my favourite Fic from her is at the moment Inimical

Quote:
As for Eagle's stories. like I said they are mostly dark and pluck that string in your soul where you don't know to cry or smile. My stories "I don't know why" and "Come fly with me" were inspired/ heavily influenced by her writing.
after I had read that stories(read them all in a line*should better look at the category* plus the alternative end of 6th Division Reminisce), I was very depressed and sad

Last edited by Gillian; 2008-01-25 at 13:57.
Old 2008-01-25, 13:56   Link #618
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
My stories "I don't know why" and "Come fly with me" were inspired/ heavily influenced by her writing.
And come fly with me was a very touching little thing, almost enough to make my eyes teary... (as a side note, i've yet to shed any tears to any animes... grave of the fireflies included... though it did get me teary eyed)
Old 2008-01-25, 14:01   Link #619
Kirika-chan
Fate's fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian View Post

@spacebrotha
when you look for other fics
do you know http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1289162/Arigatou_Sheitarou her?
there are also good fics

my favourite Fic from her is at the moment Inimical
Yeah, I read Inimical too, it's really good ^^ (Fate in this story is simply unique)

And I read all of fic, but I prefer Satashi, Eagle, and a fews others ^^ (like Arigatou_sheitarou for exemple XD)
Kirika-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 15:36   Link #620
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Got bored, made this >.>

Spoiler for MSLN Alpha Trailer, Fanfic thread exclusive!:

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha