AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-11, 01:32   Link #1761
Used Can

Well, Lelouch also used the word 愛 (au - love / he said "aishiteiru") with Nunnally, and it didn't have romantic implications. If she's talking to Marianne, then, perhaps, they were that close.
Old 2008-10-11, 01:39   Link #1762
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
I think it's just the environment they grew up in. You don't have to be inbred to do crazy things.
Euphemia was a lot less nuts than Lelouch, so I doubt its strictly enviroment, theirs different levels as well.

Odysseus, Cornelia, Nunnaly, and Euphemia seem okay

Caraline, Schneizel, Charles, and Lelouch seem to be a little mentally not their.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 01:43   Link #1763
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, Lelouch also used the word 愛 (au - love / he said "aishiteiru") with Nunnally, and it didn't have romantic implications. If she's talking to Marianne, then, perhaps, they were that close.
That's true, but it's kind of different with family. Not to mention Lelouch is a bit of an imouto-con.
The most common term should be "suki".

While I think Lelouch cared very deeply for both Kallen and C.C. The only person he ever admitted he loved was Euphy and Nunnally.

Guess it could be true that C.C. was VERY close with Marianne. It does give a whole lot of meaning to this joke.

http://foxxfireart.deviantart.com/ar...ories-92700860
Old 2008-10-11, 01:44   Link #1764
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Euphemia was a lot less nuts than Lelouch, so I doubt its strictly enviroment, theirs different levels as well.

Odysseus, Cornelia, Nunnaly, and Euphemia seem okay

Caraline, Schneizel, Charles, and Lelouch seem to be a little mentally not their.
Well, you can be 100% sure Nunnally and Lelouch are not inbred in any way. Marianne was a commoner.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 01:53   Link #1765
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Well, you can be 100% sure Nunnally and Lelouch are not inbred in any way. Marianne was a commoner.
I think the inbreeding still could have passed on even with Marianne being a commoner.

The variety of sanity in the Royal Family points to inbreeding, if it was solely due to the nature of the Royal Family, than why would Euphemia be fine?
Old 2008-10-11, 02:08   Link #1766
Used Can

They are not insane, they are just Royalty.
Old 2008-10-11, 02:30   Link #1767
Charred Knight

Quote:
They are not insane, they are just Royalty.
and Royalty tend to inbreed. The royal monarchs of Europe are all related to each other.

The Britannian royal family seems to be a wee bit on the nuts side of things, I mean Charles tried to start Ragnarok, Schneizel decided that a doom fortress was the perfect way to make peace, and Lelouch's actions speak for themselves.

Just look at the Habsburg line, the spanish line ended with a King who was retarded, could barely speak due to his huge jaw and tounge, and died at the age of 35.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_II_of_Spain
Old 2008-10-11, 02:33   Link #1768
Used Can

Well, Lelouch was just a regular incestuous prince before his parents and V.V. screwed him over.
Old 2008-10-11, 02:40   Link #1769
Charred Knight

Quote:
Well, Lelouch was just a regular incestuous prince before his parents and V.V. screwed him over.

How old was he? Ten?

I am just wondering because in real life European royal family had quite a few nut jobs in them, and the Britannian Royal Family came off as a little nuts, especially Charles who decided slaying "Gods" was a good idea to fix the world.

Caraline from the description given to her, seemed a little nuts as well.

Lelouch's line about Euphemia being his first love, his actions around Nunnaly, both make me think the Britannian royal family doesn't care about incest. Pointing to me inbreeding.

Last edited by Charred Knight; 2008-10-11 at 02:51.
Old 2008-10-11, 02:53   Link #1770
Used Can

Lelouch never seemed to be that crazy. His main motivations were his sister, and personal vendetta.
Old 2008-10-11, 05:03   Link #1771
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Sigh...I've got a question...
If Lelouch of the Rebellion was merely one part of the whole Code Geass universe, would C.C. become CG's Hinotori/Phoenix then ?
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 06:51   Link #1772
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
*Facepalm*

For the last time: "Aishiteiru" is a word to express a love that done with all of one's heart. It is usually used for very close lovers or family members.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 09:50   Link #1773
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Well, it's not like being inbred automatically makes you crazy. It just greatly increases the chance that any defective genes (including those for mental illness) within your family tree will get passed on to you.
Old 2008-10-11, 11:27   Link #1774
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
For the last time: "Aishiteiru" is a word to express a love that done with all of one's heart. It is usually used for very close lovers or family members.
I've actually asked about this word before to two Japanese friends of mine and one of the teachers I've had; all of them told me this is a word that is rarely used, and if you use it, it is only with a lover you're really close with. They told me you never use it with anyone else, and not even family. So, since Lelouch used it with Nunnally (and vice-versa), I'm assuming perhaps they were a bit more lax on its usage in Code Geass (or Lelouch and Nunnally actually had a thing for each other).
Old 2008-10-11, 13:02   Link #1775
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

I scanned the pages on the interview from November issue of Newtype. Probably the main gist had been translated and discussed but still, for those who understand Japanese, is there anything interesting from the interview? Please share with us. Thanks.

Updated VA's comments. Due to the size, I can't do any better.
Page 1:

Page 2 (click both to be able to read them all):

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.

Last edited by Pink-chan; 2008-10-11 at 13:22.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 13:23   Link #1776
Lie

Quote:
I've actually asked about this word before to two Japanese friends of mine and one of the teachers I've had; all of them told me this is a word that is rarely used, and if you use it, it is only with a lover you're really close with. They told me you never use it with anyone else, and not even family. So, since Lelouch used it with Nunnally (and vice-versa), I'm assuming perhaps they were a bit more lax on its usage in Code Geass (or Lelouch and Nunnally actually had a thing for each other).
Ai can be used for and between family members, that's one of the few ways you'll ever even hear it used. There's nothing lax or unusual in Lelouch's words to Nunally because he truly did love her.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 14:00   Link #1777
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
Ai can be used for and between family members, that's one of the few ways you'll ever even hear it used. There's nothing lax or unusual in Lelouch's words to Nunally because he truly did love her.
Yeah. Watch the first episode of Sould eater. Maka's father tells his daughter "aishiteru".

Does strike me as weird that C.C. would say that to Marianne, but in another way it doesn't. Marianne did seem to have an affinity to get under people's skin. One poor girl even more so.
In C.C.'s case we know it couldn't of been the Geass. C.C. is immune to it's effects. Also the 'stroking the hair' makes this seem like a rather intimate setting.
Old 2008-10-11, 14:04   Link #1778
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Yeah. Watch the first episode of Sould eater. Maka's father tells his daughter "aishiteru".

Does strike me as weird that C.C. would say that to Marianne, but in another way it doesn't. Marianne did seem to have an affinity to get under people's skin. One poor girl even more so.
In C.C.'s case we know it couldn't of been the Geass. C.C. is immune to it's effects. Also the 'stroking the hair' makes this seem like a rather intimate setting.
Keep in mind that for now we don't know the source nor if it is a canon material.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 14:09   Link #1779
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
I cannot really argue, since I'm not well-versed on the Japanese language, and even less on that country's culture. I was just mentioning what 3 native people told me.
Old 2008-10-11, 14:23   Link #1780
zalem

I can see C.C. and Marianne having a very sibling-like relationship. It doesn't surprise me that they were once very close. So the use of "aishiteru" in this case isn't very surprising to me.