AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-04, 04:09   Link #61
shuin0120
Enpatsu no Christmas Eve

Send a message via Yahoo to shuin0120
@BluWacky

yeah i hope Silvia was the REAL Celiene bcoz she is my favorite character on this anime ^^ but for now i was still confuse what are going now on their story, i cant agree that Silvia is almost like a extra character here in ova.

about Silvia did you remember sometimes Silvia says something that she didnt know, i mean Celiene will talk and suddenly Silvia is shocked what she said ^^
shuin0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 18:31   Link #62
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

(MFI) Sousei no Aquarion: Uragiri no Tsubasa (OVA, Wings of Betrayal)

Does any one know if any groups are planning to sub this new OVA. It's a spin off from the original series Sousei no Aquarian, and looks quite interesting from what little info i can dig out about it.

Last edited by xris; 2007-06-10 at 03:17.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 03:18   Link #63
xris
Just call me Ojisan

While the Aquarion OVA has not been licensed yet, it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed.
  • Asking where you can find the Aquarion OVA downloads or torrents.
  • Asking for help downloading the Aquarion OVA.
  • Asking for playback help for the Aquarion OVA episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 15:36   Link #64
Flarey
Fandub Voice Actor Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
Does any one know if any groups are planning to sub this new OVA. It's a spin off from the original series Sousei no Aquarian, and looks quite interesting from what little info i can dig out about it.
Makoto subbed it like 9 days ago.
Flarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 06:50   Link #65
w1zkid

Any hint on a season 2?
w1zkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 04:01   Link #66
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1zkid View Post
Any hint on a season 2?
Just the OVAs.

The series doesn't really need a season 2 anyway. Nothing more is going to happen for another 12,000 years. Though that would best be discussed in the discussion thread for the series.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 12:00   Link #67
BluWacky
尻の竜

Somewhat oddly, Satelight have decided to edit both Wings of Betrayal and Wings of Glory into one feature film to be released in September (despite a release date for Wings of Glory not even being announced yet). There's also going to be a new short which the official blog says is like "the comedy of the TV version".

Rather appropriately, the official website for the film is http://www.gattai.jp, with the tagline "I want to combine with you once more..."

Was Aquarion really that popular in Japan? I mean, I liked it, but I thought we were in the minority!
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 04:48   Link #68
wao
OK.

Sheesh, I only just read about the movie compilation thing but... why?

It seems like it's coproduced (and sponsored by?) Sankyo. Well, I saw the short ad spot for it and I can't help but crack up imagining hearing Silvia's voice going "anata to... gattai shitai!" on TV should that ever happen.

I suppose if Turn-A could get 2 movie compilations then this'd get one, although Turn-A was a Gundam series after all (even if it didn't get good tv ratings).

My gut reaction is that they're going a bit too far.
Old 2007-07-28, 22:00   Link #69
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Do you have to watch the TV series in order to understand this?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 23:39   Link #70
aardvark

Looks like 2nd and final OVA is coming out November 22nd. Seems like it will be ~1 hour long
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 23:56   Link #71
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Hmmm... 50mins + 58mins is pretty respectable for a 2 part OVA.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 21:33   Link #72
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
This was a very interesting retelling of the story. It took me a bit to get use to it since my memory is still set with the TV series. Over all its not bad SO far as Silvia seems a lot more mature and that horrible brother complex is gone (which i cant stand in any series not just this one) Apollo seems way more spiritual and less wild as he was in the series. But the hella screaming while piloting aquarion is still there. The Scorpuis and celiane twist is very obvious as the writers trying to throw the audience off. THe fact remains that even if this is retelling all evidence has always pointed to Silvia being the reincarnation of celiane, The only way it would be other wise is if parts of there souls were mixed up. Silvia looks just like Celiane. The first time she had the vision this time around it was of her fighting apollonius and Scorpius was not there i assume this was their first meeting. But the second time Rika was present and then they switched the visions around. Im not too concerned since i pretty sure they wont change too much in the OVA. As much as i would not mind a full blown season 2 there is no need for one since nothing will happen for another 12,000 years and we all know how the series ended with 3 important characters doing what needed to be done.

Spoiler for If you did not watch the series this is a spoiler for the end:

I had forgotten how much i loved the instrumental music in the show I have Operatic instrumental piece titled none other than "Celiane" on my Ipod and i love it.
Old 2007-09-09, 22:20   Link #73
kauldron26
Med Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
Somewhat oddly, Satelight have decided to edit both Wings of Betrayal and Wings of Glory into one feature film to be released in September (despite a release date for Wings of Glory not even being announced yet). There's also going to be a new short which the official blog says is like "the comedy of the TV version".

Rather appropriately, the official website for the film is http://www.gattai.jp, with the tagline "I want to combine with you once more..."

Was Aquarion really that popular in Japan? I mean, I liked it, but I thought we were in the minority!
lmao... same here... i was certain that at most 50 people in the entire world liked this show. lol. i was loving being in the minority and i still laugh my ass off when look at the screen caps of that cosplay eps. however it seems the shinsen folks love the show too as theyre subbing the ovas.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 02:49   Link #74
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
So I wasn't the only one really surprised when I saw the ad for the movie version?!

I can't believe that this series is cool enough to keep people employed for so long.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 06:26   Link #75
BluWacky
尻の竜

I guess Aquarion must have some fans out there - the OP ranked at number 2 (behind Cruel Angel's Thesis from Eva) in a recent 2ch poll of the top OP themes of all time (lots of Kanno tracks in there, hurrah!). Or at least a lot of people who liked the music...

The film goes into wide release tomorrow, although I believe it's had some preview showings previously. Hopefully some kind of information will trickle out about the content - I'm slightly dubious about the effect this might have on the sales of the second OVA as surely all the Aquarion fans will go and see the film? I guess until we know how the film's been edited together it's hard to say.

EDIT: and now there's Aquarion pachinko! Wow, Sankyo are definitely trying to get their money's worth out of it now...

Last edited by BluWacky; 2007-10-01 at 03:32.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 11:26   Link #76
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Ooo the second part of the OVA is released!
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 20:51   Link #77
shuin0120
Enpatsu no Christmas Eve

Send a message via Yahoo to shuin0120
Okey I watched the OVA 2 and I was really happy to know that Silvia was actually Celiene and Scorpius was actually reika (because many confusions occured on OVA 1 the OVA 2 confirmed it)

Please correct me If I wrong please ^^;

As far as I get, the story is confirming who is really celiene and who really is scorpius, and finally the truth relieved. Now I don't actually know what timeline it is since Silvia lost his brother I believe this is after the TV series but when the end of it (the OVA 2) I just realized that the final scene of the ova 2 was the beginning of tv series isn't?

Also I don't like Silvia cut his left arm (damn you touma) and Touma is really sucks he is like a gay who have a monster baby in his tummy (yuck) I really don't like how touma reacts in whole tv series and this OVA T_T

The story makes sense but little confusing (as expected to OVA ^^) so I believe that timeline (the ova) is before the actual tv series. oh and 1 more thing, I can't find out if Apollo and Silvia did get better I mean lover because they repeatedly die T_T
shuin0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 10:26   Link #78
KBTKaiser

Spoiler for explanations:
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 11:10   Link #79
Uribatake

I watched Wings of Glory the other day, and I really liked how Kawamori found a way to please fans like me, who were disappointed that the OVAs were an alternate retelling instead of a proper sequel to the TV series.

Spoiler for OVA ending:
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 00:50   Link #80
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post

So this "movie" is finally out for everyone to see. Haven't watched it completely, but perused it...

The movie was basically a 30 minute side story from the TV show, complete with the whole gang in a hot bath. If you liked the wacky side of the TV series, you'll like the "movie"

In a way, this "movie" feels like it would be the OVA, while the 2 actual OVAs put together would be a movie. Oh well. It is Aquarion after all

Also, the EDs CG Sylvia is disturbingly ugly...
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote