4 out of 10 : Poor 3 0.91%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 4.27%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-06-29, 13:21   Link #301
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

He probably had them brought to him then rewrote their memories of it.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 13:22   Link #302
Jestersage

If you have seen that image, at aroun 22:19, the background is the throne room.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 13:27   Link #303
Dufe

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Code Geass:
Old 2008-06-29, 13:27   Link #304
Var
Banned

Psuedo-translation:
Hum... well that extended preview was something. I have little to no audio here in the lab that actually works 'well', but what I managed to 'hear' through the static concerns Lelouch's dilemna concerning Shirley (he's uncertain of what to do), she wants to go on a 'date', and, also, Kallen's capture and that promise. He also makes note of C.C. taking action in China, I believe.

What I actually saw:
  • Bloody Scissors: Likely a flashback, though possibly something concerning Shirley as she's the only person even remotely in danger at this point. Unless its Xing-ke dieing, but then we see his KMF in action.
  • Happy times for Lelouch, Shirley, and Suzaku. That's just got bad written all over it.
  • The White Mask: This one is curious. The white mask doesn't really fit Lelouch, it fits Suzaku. If that is the case, then, he may very well accidentally kill Shirley or harm her extensively. That's the only reason I'd see his mask fall off.
  • Orange: Bad news all around.

Last edited by Var; 2008-06-29 at 13:46.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 13:31   Link #305
Isegrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
If you have seen that image, at aroun 22:19, the background is the throne room.
Maybe Suzaku brought them along with Lelouch.

Spoiler for comparison:
Old 2008-06-29, 13:35   Link #306
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
the Bloody Scissors are probably going to be shown within a flashback of how cornillia survived but lost the arm movment

and am i the only one thinking that kallen's talk with Nunnally does have some kind of simbolizem
both are girl's who grow up under the shadow of an older brother who they clearly loved (love in Nunnally's case)
both lost said brothers and are living their lives acording to what their brothers would want them to do (Nunnally said thats why she become area 11 gov)
Old 2008-06-29, 13:39   Link #307
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isegrim View Post
Maybe Suzaku brought them along with Lelouch.

Spoiler for comparison:
In all likelihood, they just used stock footage for that. Anime does that.

Either that or he's capable of using it through a TV screen...
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 13:41   Link #308
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post

Or they were taken there 'for exemplary bravery in the face of the enemy'. There are many excuses one could make up, especially when they are the Emperor, to have some people come by for a visit.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 13:47   Link #309
chryss

Thanks for the link.

Spoiler for about Orange:
chryss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 14:07   Link #310
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
What's the big deal about that? You're not thinking about brainwashing the whole school, right?
Only 4 students are brainwashed: Millay, Shirley, Rivalz, and Nina. All other students and teachers have returned to Britannia.
Merely 4 unimportant kids. Kidnap them to Britannia, brainwash, use some sleep pills to make them sleep on the way back, have the military people send them home, and tell their parents to shut up. Piece of cake.

If he can do that through TV screen, he'd have conquered the whole planet already. Have a video conference with the leaders of other countries and ta-da!
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 14:10   Link #311
GeostigmataShi

Cornelia
New Hair Cut
btw did guildford know her whereabout?

Last edited by GeostigmataShi; 2008-06-29 at 14:30.
GeostigmataShi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 14:49   Link #312
Aquaman OS

Well.....I guess this ep was alright.

Bit of a breather from the action in the China arc. There actually was quite a bit of plot covered here with the royals and Emp and Cornelia and Anya confronting Lelouch but it moved along so quickly there wasn't much time to process everything.

I'm starting to think the magazines and the staff aren't quite on the same page. The magazines made that all girls club and that model cameo girl as a big thing when they got about 5 secs of screentime.(For that matter I don't think the Kallen in a dress pic is gonna mean much now. Just a quick thing) Either that or they want the real stuff to be kept secret.

The best part of this ep is Milly graduation. I hope that means the "Ashford Antics" eps are over since they were mainly due to her oddness. Hopefully Ashford will be wrapped up these next few eps and we won't see it again till the Epilouge.

As for Shirley, at least they can actually deal with her issues now rather than put them on hold like last season. The old Lelouch thought he could just make her memory of him go away and everything would be fine which worked out terribly. Hopefully the new Lelouch can work things out with her which is what he should have done in the first place.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 15:02   Link #313
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I'm not really looking forward to episode 13 that much since I'm not too fond of this Geass Canceller business. Too much counter-DEM for my tastes. Poor Shirley's gonna suffer brain death before she's ever physically killed. Anyway, I'm not too sure what the Nunnally/Kallen interaction will hold although the whole house arrest/returned to father/aiding BK from the other side scenarios seem likely. While I'm not immediately dismissing some mental tampering on Kallen, I am skeptical that Lelouch will be doing any kind of "saving." Doesn't fit him anyway, he should be saving his one true love, Nunnally instead.

Oh, and a healthy helping of Cornelia would certainly help my rating of 13... not that I vote on these episode polls anyway, but if I were to vote on 12 Ii'd probably be in the 5 area.
Old 2008-06-29, 15:12   Link #314
blanclait

did anyone notice, cornelia just got younger by like 10 yrs?
blanclait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 15:12   Link #315
Kristen
*Author

I'll be honest. If I was just watching Code Geass, I probably would drop it. This episode was the epitome of a bad show, and I seriously watched it thinking "What are they thinking?" A second light humored episode was just stupid. Especially after they had all of that drama in China, they want to go back to the student council business?
Moreso, Cornelia is alive. Great. Another person who should have died at least twice is back. That's this show's weakest point. People just cannot stay dead.
They also are trying too hard to have plot twists. Yeah, there are plot twists in Geass, and I understand it. But, putting them all at the end of an episode? Sure, maybe it makes the next episode more to look forward to. But, we just have a very schitzophrenic plot now. Like, look at R1. We have the arc where Lelouch gets the Geass, then the Mao arc, then the Euphie arc, then the conclusion. This season, what do we have? Rollo arc, Nunally arc, China arc, and whatever the next is. And this is at mid-season.

In the end, I think Sunrise just is running out of ideas. This has been very cliche so far, and it is milking something for more that it is worth.

This episode was painful. It made me nostalgic of season 1. So, since painful is a rank here, I'll give it that rank.
Old 2008-06-29, 15:18   Link #316
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Don't like it, don't watch it. 'Kay?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 15:20   Link #317
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanclait View Post
did anyone notice, cornelia just got younger by like 10 yrs?
It's the hair man, the hair. And probably the outfit.

And I agree with ChrissieXD on a lot of points, however the only person I have a problem with still being alive (not counting Suzaku) is Jeremiah. It's quite ridiculous with him. There was always a chance for Cornelia to return as her door was never closed. But yeah, if I was watching Code Geass just for Code Geass, I probably would've dropped it by now, but then then again I drop shows quite easily in my old age. What's keeping me going right now are certain characters.
Old 2008-06-29, 15:21   Link #318
Aquaman OS

Hmmmm Britannia knows Cornelia is alive but she's not talking to them. Also they plan on going to war with China now, and they are still at war with E.U. Interesting.

Also apparantly Charles prefers negotation and intimidation to outright war. At least that's what he told Bismark. Didn't expect that from him.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 15:23   Link #319
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I'll be honest. If I was just watching Code Geass, I probably would drop it. This episode was the epitome of a bad show, and I seriously watched it thinking "What are they thinking?" A second light humored episode was just stupid. Especially after they had all of that drama in China, they want to go back to the student council business?
Moreso, Cornelia is alive. Great. Another person who should have died at least twice is back. That's this show's weakest point. People just cannot stay dead.
They also are trying too hard to have plot twists. Yeah, there are plot twists in Geass, and I understand it. But, putting them all at the end of an episode? Sure, maybe it makes the next episode more to look forward to. But, we just have a very schitzophrenic plot now. Like, look at R1. We have the arc where Lelouch gets the Geass, then the Mao arc, then the Euphie arc, then the conclusion. This season, what do we have? Rollo arc, Nunally arc, China arc, and whatever the next is. And this is at mid-season.

In the end, I think Sunrise just is running out of ideas. This has been very cliche so far, and it is milking something for more that it is worth.

This episode was painful. It made me nostalgic of season 1. So, since painful is a rank here, I'll give it that rank.
Yes please just like all the other people who have grown to dislike this show. Just stop watching it please.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 15:29   Link #320
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

So if they have a geass canceller, does that mean people like shirley who have been geassed, is again susceptible to the same geass?

If lelouch geass is cancelled, can't C.C. give him another one?? Haha...

This episode really brings out trouble, can't wait for more!