AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-09-27, 06:55   Link #1
greed

Extract AAC audio

I have downloaded an episode and can play the video in DivX (with no sound) and the audio in mplayer (with no video). I have tried watching the video in DivX and have the audio run from mplayer in the background but the video keeps freezing (it must be lack of resources). I was wondering if there was some way of extracting the audio from the .AVI file. I have tried letting TotalRecall record the sound into .WAV but for some reason whenever I use Sound Recorder or TotalREcall it never records. The visualisers never move indicating that audio is not reaching the sound recorder.

If someone could give me pointers on how to extract audio or fix my SoundRecorder it would be much appreciated.
Old 2004-09-27, 11:33   Link #2
^danshi^
running bear

Install ffdshow/DivX so that the video plays in your mplayer (assuming you mean Windows Media Player).
Old 2004-09-27, 14:06   Link #3
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
First off, mplayer is "The Movie Player for Linux" (which ironically works on Windows and MacOS X) not the same as windows media player.

Secondly, mplayer should work right out of the box to watch MPEG-4 files with AAC since it has ffmepg built in. Maybe you have an old version.

Since Divx doesn't have a linux version, Ill assume you're using Windows. The easiest way to watch the file would be to just use ffdshow and Media Player Classic (2000/XP or 98/ME).

If you're using a Mac, try VLC Media Player for Mac OS X.

If you really want to extract the AAC audio stream, use VirtualDubMod. Open the file with VirtualDubMod and select "Stream list" from the Streams menu. Select the appropriate stream from the list and click "Demux". This will save the audio stream as an .aac file. If you're prefer, you can click "Save WAV." This will save the audio stream as an uncompressed wav file.