AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-08-15, 10:12   Link #6481
Justin_Brett

...did they cut themselves open to do that? That's pretty cool.

I guess Hades is all smug because he got the signal they detonated, and not life-signs or anything. Should have made the bombs explode better.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 10:21   Link #6482
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

No, I suspect it has something to do with his powers, whatever that is.
Old 2012-08-15, 10:39   Link #6483
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Since Carter can produce insane amounts of physical strenght maybe he have some kind of "muscle manipulation power" over anyone's body o.o? That way he could move the device without a surgery xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 11:31   Link #6484
Justin_Brett

Well that's not as cool.
Old 2012-08-15, 11:38   Link #6485
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Hey, muscle manipulation can be pretty broken if used wisely xD

It depends of course, of the range and level of control Carter have over it, if it's on physical contact it cam make his punches and grabs much more effective by twisting the muscles of the contact area on the opponent's body to a way it suits his needs xD

His "Divider Break" ability can destroy AEC-units easily (but to be fair ...almost EVERYONE can destroy AEC-units easily in this manga xDU). So, maybe his powers aren't limited to muscles only xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-08-15, 11:55   Link #6486
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

@Aki
You're thinking too simple. If it's really muscle manipulation, then couldn't he control the opponent's to a degree? Think about that.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 12:05   Link #6487
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

That's why i thoerized it could be a limited form of muscle manipulation (yeah, i also tough how awesome will be if Carter could essentially "bloodbend" people xD). Maybe he can only affect a small area azorun the zone he touches or the target must be willing to let him do that for the manipulation to be effective.

But yeah, it's all theory for now, let's wait until further explanation comes up xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-08-15, 12:17   Link #6488
Justin_Brett

Nah, learning how to do surgery like that on the fly would be more interesting than just having a power to do it.
Old 2012-08-15, 12:22   Link #6489
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Carter doesn't seem to be the surgeon type but i admit it will be really cool if he ends up being a genius who likes to use obfuscating stupidity to fool his adversaries xD

There must be a reason as of why three girls who seem to be much mroe capable as him follow Carter as their leader xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-08-25, 01:45   Link #6490
Kurohane

Names of the Grendal Family from nanoha wikia:
Kurt Grendel

Mariya Ranevskaya (Vivio look-a-like)

Quinn Garland (Saber look-alike)

Lolo Endive (Vita look-a-like)

Well, now that they have been apprehended. What's going to happen to them?
Old 2012-08-25, 02:01   Link #6491
Justin_Brett

We knew their names already.
Old 2012-09-27, 23:10   Link #6492
Kurohane

Now, we have a Shamal look-a-like, who picked up Cypha.
Old 2012-09-28, 01:24   Link #6493
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well, after a month of lazyness i finally gathered the mental energy to make my traditional half-baked summary of Chapter 25, so prepare yourselves to enjoy more and more exposition xDU

Let's go...

Spoiler for The Ruwellan Job:

....so yeah, summary is finally here, quite an exposition heavy chapter.On the matter of Cypha and Signum it's pointed out the Gladiator had an impressive performance but it was also implied Cypha was actually holding back during the fight, so yeah, it's still unclear who's the strongest among the two (as if that would matter, Curren can curbstomp both anyway xD). The Gladiator presents also the same problem other AEC-Equipements have which CW had failed to solve even with around three months of free time: short-lived batteries and limited durability.

We've got to meet another core member of the Hucks in the form of Sonica Lilan ("Anti-Shamal" for friends xD) who is credited as a fortuneteller and seems to like to pick on Cypha, is implied Cypha is in contact with some obnoxious guy and that the Huckebein is going to do something big soon (probably related with Curren's oh-so-mentioned family reunion).

We also saw more of Hayate's fame crossing over dimensional seas as also seeing how the Grendels aren't that bad after all (again!? what's the purpouse? ...well, at least they're funnier than the Hucks) and that Carter is much less of an idiot than he was initially portrayed as... This revelation was so out of the blue that i'm now suspecting he's using obfuscating stupidity on purpouse to hide his genious (somehow the guy tampered with quirurgically installed bombs inside his and his comrades's bodies, saving their lives). I'm eager to see more of him on next Chapter, he's far from Curren's league in terms of power and badassitude but he has become an amusing character nontheless.

The higlight of the episode s the fact descicive testimony against Vandin is finally aqcuired which means the TSAB will finally be able to conduct an oficiall and deep investigation on the shadowy company and it's president. We all know Hardis Vandin is Big Bad material. But at least it seems the heroes will finally stop running in circles and the Hucks are about to finally do something of significance.

Not a bad episode but this was just a bridge to calrify details and make bridge to something more interesting which hopefully will happen on the delayed Chapter 26.

That's all for now, see ya Huckfans xD

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2012-09-28 at 01:35.
Old 2012-09-28, 01:30   Link #6494
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

I'm more intrigued by that mention of a death penalty. Does it say who will get it?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 01:34   Link #6495
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ Well, Hayate offered to Carter she'll help to reduce the charges against them so they can avoid the Death Penalty ...impliying the TSAB in fact practices such sentence for certain criminals. For an organization renowed for using reformed criminals as a source of power and who goes all out on banning aything remotely lethal this is quite a surprising discovery.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-09-28, 01:45   Link #6496
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Wut there's death penalty? (probably only for eclipse users only)
Old 2012-09-28, 01:45   Link #6497
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
^ Well, Hayate offered to Carter she'll help to reduce the charges against them so they can avoid the Death Penalty ...impliying the TSAB in fact practices such sentence for certain criminals. For an organization renowed for using reformed criminals as a source of power and who goes all out on banning aything remotely lethal this is quite a surprising discovery.
Well, if they only apply death penalty to corporate executives (and bankers, please, please, please), I could totally stand behind that.
Old 2012-09-28, 07:40   Link #6498
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I can see the logic. A lot of people make noise about how we should use it liberally or ban it altogether, instead of considering that there just might be a reason to use it very sparingly, on criminals who will never become rehabilitated, and who have done incredibly bad things. It's also useful as a bargaining chip, as we see here. The problem has always been the use of it.

I'm sure the TSAB, with the scale of threats they face, have realized there are some threats that just need to be removed.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 10:13   Link #6499
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I wonder if this will be treated as a serious threat near the end of this season or was used just as a plot device to make Carter accept Hayate's offer. I mean, past villains are only implied to have commited murder (even Jail and the Numbers didn't have that much corpses confirmed) but the Huckebein family is comprissed of renowed murderes with lots of confirmed murderings under their belt. Some of them could be spared more easily like Stella and Arnage but those acting more independant like Veyron and Cypha won't get things as easily ....and then we have Curren who goes all the way to make clear death threats and is basically the intellectual author of most of their actions and plans. Wonder if the TSAB at least will try to put Huck leader on the guillotine.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-09-28, 10:16   Link #6500
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Assuming most of the Huckebein will be slain over the course of the story, the death penalty would be one way to spare Stella--despite what she is I really don't think the TSAB will be willing to execute a child.

Tags
manga, nanoha force