Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-12, 09:45   Link #3981
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Quick point : Weak harem lead simply not suitable for this kind of story

Imagine if harem lead in this kind of story (well, it's not like this story is my cup of tea though), was Love Hina's Keitaro/Oh my Goddess' Keiichi wuss-tier, it would be pain to watch. After all, good harem leads always expected to be able to adapt on every situation, this is why we always get "donkan/wimp" MC on slice of life harem romcom (since nothing incredible happen on such story, what would you expect from him?), and "strong/action-type" MC in action-based harem story (with few ecxeptions), in order to make the plot progress much further since he's the one who have strongest connection with the heroine (whom, of course, are action heroines)
Agreed. It is a matter of marketing. Lets draw Kamito:

If

MC Male + Team Male and MC carry the entire team. Everyone: WTF is your team doing. You are not going to win the male or female audience.

MC Female + Team Male and MC carry the entire team: Are your men eunuchs? You won't win the male audience, nor the female audience. Even ultra hardcore feminist will be like "why I need 4 losers around?"

MC Female + Team Female MC carry: You will win some men who like pretty girls, and the girls. Debatable. Not sure how successful you will be though.

MC Male + Team Female MC carry = Which is what we have now. There is a good market for this clearly, or JR Bunko wouldn't exist very long.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 09:51   Link #3982
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
well you make sound like the only team fighting as a team is team scarlet. in terms of team work leonora's team would be first. a good team work doesn't mean weak people gathering together to be strong. strong people's team work is always better. if members of team inferno had the same objective they would totaly be unbeatable. ı mean but rubia and muir together with lily supporting them. what would happen think it by yourselves
Well, in theory, Leonora's team is actually worse only second to Team Inferno. Remember, 4 of them were slapping the haremettes silly, but the second Leonora went down, it was GG retreat. If the 4 girls waited, they could had finish the entire team Scarlet...and maybe even Kamito at that time.

Rapture team is about same as Scarlet if not worse- their plan is just work together and fire off Milla's eye. If she got taken out is over. But T.S could actually still function without Kamito as a team.

Four Gods is on equal footing with Team Scarlet, really, but more powerful except Ace vs Ace.

The Best team would be the Holy Empire, heck their three teams actually worked TOGETHER just to deliver one team to the win, unlike Odessa's actually fought each other.
Old 2013-03-12, 11:39   Link #3983
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
The Best team would be the Holy Empire, heck their three teams actually worked TOGETHER just to deliver one team to the win, unlike Odessa's actually fought each other.
This is pretty interesting, so the 3 teams pincer attacked other teams to get their crystals and the 2 teams gave up theirs in the end to the alpha team?
Old 2013-03-12, 11:56   Link #3984
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
This is pretty interesting, so the 3 teams pincer attacked other teams to get their crystals and the 2 teams gave up theirs in the end to the alpha team?
I am not sure if they gave, but they certainly throw themselves to screw over other possible winners. See: One team's alliance with Team Cenntaus (Also from kamito's nation) in order just to screw over Team Scarlet.
Old 2013-03-12, 12:49   Link #3985
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Well, in theory, Leonora's team is actually worse only second to Team Inferno. Remember, 4 of them were slapping the haremettes silly, but the second Leonora went down, it was GG retreat. If the 4 girls waited, they could had finish the entire team Scarlet...and maybe even Kamito at that time.

Rapture team is about same as Scarlet if not worse- their plan is just work together and fire off Milla's eye. If she got taken out is over. But T.S could actually still function without Kamito as a team.

Four Gods is on equal footing with Team Scarlet, really, but more powerful except Ace vs Ace.

actually Milla's eye was their desperate trump card and its once in a life time use which is the actual draw back... means once the seal is undone regardless who unseals it shes still a liability no contracts no backups and no plan bs allowed, she will still be useful for espionage although I don't know how she gets her information. Dragonia Team however is like a parallel to the Team Scarlet in terms on how they actually work together Clair and Leonora effectively works as commander the only difference with them is that Leonora's team has no second-in-command unlike Team Scarlet where Kamito effectively takes up that role should anything happen to Clair just like in volume 10, but in terms of power and skill I guess you can say Holy knights? and Team Inferno in equal footing... do take note tat by volume 10 only 4 teams are now fighting, Volume 10 Miur lost effectively to Kamito's taming so more or less Team Scarlet and Holy Knight Team are the only on equal footing in terms of skills alone, and if the rest of Kamito's harem (Ellis and Rinslet) gains additional power boost, they should be able to hold ground with Leonora...
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 14:25   Link #3986
bludvein

Milla's eye wasn't a 1 time use if it was used right. She only lost the spirit because of the reckless method she used to release it.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 16:02   Link #3987
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

I am also curious, did anyone remember what was the criteria to get into the Blade Dance? As in is there a quota? What exactly is preventing larger nation from sending 20+ teams or 200+ girls?
Old 2013-03-12, 16:07   Link #3988
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Do not equate Kamito with Issei that his though only has breast.
What I mean are their team work. If we see the first 3 vol, their team work much more cooperative. And if something happen with Kamito or one of their team member, they will immediately save them and resolve the matter.
Don't degrade Seirei Tsukai to DxD level! You got the wrong tread my friend!!!
indeed that they have individual object. But to achieve it, they will team up with another and it will not hindering their friendship.
im not saying that its like DxD or comparing the two ya fool im just saying that kamito and issei are both guys who joined a group and have become the key's to their group.
EDIT: Vol 9 chapter 4 is out and Kamito meets Lily after saving Ellis and the reunions are all over

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2013-03-12 at 16:52.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 17:25   Link #3989
silenceblade

Has it been revealed what happen to Restia's curse? Also what happened to Rubia, Maou Kamito, and the "wish" after the match ended?
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 17:41   Link #3990
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
actually Milla's eye was their desperate trump card and its once in a life time use which is the actual draw back... means once the seal is undone regardless who unseals it shes still a liability no contracts no backups and no plan bs allowed, she will still be useful for espionage although I don't know how she gets her information. Dragonia Team however is like a parallel to the Team Scarlet in terms on how they actually work together Clair and Leonora effectively works as commander the only difference with them is that Leonora's team has no second-in-command unlike Team Scarlet where Kamito effectively takes up that role should anything happen to Clair just like in volume 10, but in terms of power and skill I guess you can say Holy knights? and Team Inferno in equal footing... do take note tat by volume 10 only 4 teams are now fighting, Volume 10 Miur lost effectively to Kamito's taming so more or less Team Scarlet and Holy Knight Team are the only on equal footing in terms of skills alone, and if the rest of Kamito's harem (Ellis and Rinslet) gains additional power boost, they should be able to hold ground with Leonora...
Leonora does have a second in command.

And to end the debate, Claire with human form Scarlet = win.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2013-03-12 at 17:51.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 18:29   Link #3991
ImperialFlameGod8190

@Darthfanta do u have a picture of Claire with human form scarlet
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 21:26   Link #3992
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

The manga has illustrated the most funny thing:

Images
First time summon Est
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Hopefully the Anime will more better to describe the scene.
Old 2013-03-12, 22:10   Link #3993
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

@sandhy when was the anime announced?
Old 2013-03-12, 22:57   Link #3994
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Looking like Nanaya Shiki there Kamito.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 00:02   Link #3995
Yye1
Wide Right

though if shiki fought kamito, kamito is totally screwed

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 00:34   Link #3996
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
though if shiki fought kamito, kamito is totally screwed
Now that he has both Est and Restia as swords, combined with his existing skills, he'll develop Crane Wing.

Old 2013-03-13, 01:13   Link #3997
Yye1
Wide Right

Shiki can just cut his existence

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 01:55   Link #3998
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Shiki can just cut his existence
I know, I wasn't saying that Kamito can beat Shiki, but rather, he may develop a new technique using the 2 blades in a similar way with Kanshou and Bakuya's ultimate move.

Old 2013-03-13, 02:40   Link #3999
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I know, I wasn't saying that Kamito can beat Shiki, but rather, he may develop a new technique using the 2 blades in a similar way with Kanshou and Bakuya's ultimate move.
Except that can't be, since you need 3 pairs of swords, plus Kanshou and Bakuya's special ability for that move to work.

In any case, Kamito will just use Bursting Blossom Spiral Blade Dance as a dual wield move like it was meant for.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 03:01   Link #4000
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
@sandhy when was the anime announced?
There's no anime atm. He's just hoping that if one is indeed created in the future, it would be as funny as the manga.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap