AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-06-09, 04:25   Link #101
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Honestly, I can't take anything he/she says seriously anymore. Great, he loves it: No probs with that. But he's being critical of something he's never watched. Even if he does watch UC gundam now, he's still going to blast it no matter what, just to prove a point. You see most people have watched a lttle bit of UC, a little bit of CE and a little bit of everything in between those two. Hey if they prefer Seed and they claim its the best - cool, at least they gave the others a shot and tried to understand why people like them and can do a reasonable comparison. Or at least a coherent argument.

Seriously his/her posts are beginning to be spam-like. Everything is "Seed is awesome" followed by incoherent rambling.

But back to the original topic, I have fairly high expectations for this final movie. There better not be any reuse of stock footage and there better be a coherent storyline. Ther better not be any deus ex machina moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
srb@ You see the thing is, I can't stand watching old animation, old sound effects, music, ect...(I have the same problem with Movies) No matter how hard I try...I would always give up after the first few episode...
Most people would be cool wth this - you gave it a shot at least. And at least you're not ripping the older series for just being old. AFAIK you're not instantly dismissing the value of the older series in the overall scheme of things.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 04:27   Link #102
orni-ed
Hayate sama no Tame ni!!!

@K-K: no, not you... this D-KLAC dude... he's been pestering us in other forums... XD

Last edited by orni-ed; 2007-06-09 at 05:11.
orni-ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 04:36   Link #103
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

hey that i've been on gs since 04 & have made a big impact in anime forums in 06 like i'm the all anime forums most wanted forum member?

look i do watch other animes series but the things in gs has really changed my life.

cause that i've sleep with finger puppet of lacus & cagalli even kiss the finger puppet of lacus & cagalli you think i've an obsession of gs & lacus cagalli?!

well geez since i'm a gs series fan originals that i've feelings for gs also have many plans for gs like the REMAKE GS SERIES INTO A TV SERIES OR MOVIES & ETC.

well gs has really got the 00s gundam series to counter the uc.

cause us is the 79, 80s, & early 90s of gundam as for gs is the 00s of gundam series.

THIS IS THE GS REVOLUTION!!!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 04:54   Link #104
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
cause that i've sleep with finger puppet of lacus & cagalli even kiss the finger puppet of lacus & cagalli you think i've an obsession of gs & lacus cagalli?!
Perhaps not obsession per se, but that is indeed a little worrying and may stem from other issues entirely. I don't know if you have socialized psychiatric care in your country, but if you do perhaps a session with a counselor to seek an understanding of this may be in order?

Quote:
cause us is the 79, 80s, & early 90s of gundam as for gs is the 00s of gundam series.
We've never said it weren't, however, this "revolution" isn't very impressive considering that it's still mostly UC elements that are present in the new series, albeit in a shinier and, in the case of Destiny, much less coherent package.

Quote:
Most people would be cool wth this - you gave it a shot at least. And at least you're not ripping the older series for just being old. AFAIK you're not instantly dismissing the value of the older series in the overall scheme of things.
Exactly. I can understand not appreciating older TV animation (even if I believe that the animation in Zeta Gundam has aged very well, for example), although I myself *love* it, and he's not dismissing the shows themselves, just their animation. There's nothing wrong with that.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 05:49   Link #105
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Sleeping with humanoid inanimate objects as well as pretending to have a relationship with them, well, this not something I'd be proud of or advertising too loudly. That's grounds for commitment into an asylum in most countries.

Actually very quick question. How many people's opinion have you changed with your so-called "revolution". You throw the word "revolution" around a lot. Do you even know what it means? How many people have you convinced with your spam? Not many. In fact instead of convincing people to join your "revolution" I do think you're turning a lot of people against you. Good luck and welcome to my ignore list.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 06:12   Link #106
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Are you disputing the power of his all-capital signature?

It's making my eyes bleed.

His... relationship with his... finger puppets? Is somewhat objectionable, but hey, it's not the worst stuff you find on the net :P

Back on topic, I'd welcome a third C.E series - IF, it was the last, and if they pushed it away from mechs a little but, but still mecha enough to be Gundam. The battles are getting a bit silly. Just a teeny bit. As has been mentioned thousands of times before, people are getting the feeling that Kira could effectively conquer the Earth with Clyne & Friends, if he so felt inclined to do so. Alot of what drew me in to the original Gundam was Amuro's position - he's pretty darn good, but still needs support, and he's not some "god".

Then again, he did stop an asteroid base, with a large metal ball and some elbow grease.

wtf
Old 2007-06-09, 07:50   Link #107
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

*Demongod has met his match

Seriously, I would want CE to just be bookshelved enough to make its fans more mature.
Old 2007-06-09, 07:58   Link #108
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Seriously, I would want CE to just be bookshelved enough to make its fans more mature.
The fans who are mature are being both wary and realistic about the progression of CE.

Besides, everything there is to talk about future SEED had already been done during the movie's announcement since there is nothing else we know other than interviews that want to cement CE's future and talks on "maturing" fanbase of school girls who's now working, older girls. Now we're just waiting for Chibi-SEED, expecting a lot of fluff and humour.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 08:09   Link #109
Amuro_Rei
Pilot of the "Gundam"

If you ask me, its okay for seed to have a trilogy provided that the disastrous result of Seed Destiny should never happen again. GSD's ending could have destroyed the C.E. universe because Kira had become Godlike with his powers.

Other than that well, I guess they should return to making it a little bit more mature since it has become a little bit childish already...
Amuro_Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 09:32   Link #110
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
I'd also like it to be on the record that I wouldn't mind godly pilots able to take out masses of grunts if it was consistent, which it wasn't - in the beginning of SEED the GINN and its pilots were presented as very capable, as they were highly trained Coordinators. Towards the end when the super suits came into being they started blowing up a bit more, but it was still understandable.

Taking out 30 newly rolled out high-powered MP suits while tangling with their commander or 25 high-powered MP suits and three warships in three minutes as a result of their inability to actually move is a very silly and inconsistent development from that.

If it's supposed to be about super godly robots, keep it about that. If it's supposed to be about machines having a slight edge in technology and skilled pilots, keep it at that. Don't mash it together and switch it around all the time.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 10:05   Link #111
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Maybe the Nazca captain shoulda said exactly that after the SF's launch.
Old 2007-06-09, 10:08   Link #112
galeon110

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
I'd also like it to be on the record that I wouldn't mind godly pilots able to take out masses of grunts if it was consistent, which it wasn't - in the beginning of SEED the GINN and its pilots were presented as very capable, as they were highly trained Coordinators. Towards the end when the super suits came into being they started blowing up a bit more, but it was still understandable.

Taking out 30 newly rolled out high-powered MP suits while tangling with their commander or 25 high-powered MP suits and three warships in three minutes as a result of their inability to actually move is a very silly and inconsistent development from that.

If it's supposed to be about super godly robots, keep it about that. If it's supposed to be about machines having a slight edge in technology and skilled pilots, keep it at that. Don't mash it together and switch it around all the time.
If you're referring to the Freedom annihilating fleets of MS, then maybe its because in the beginning of the series, they haven't encountered a Gundam as powerful as the Freedom, so it made them look powerful and skilled. But then later on they went to battle against a more skilled pilot like Kira and an a lot more powerful Gundam in Freedom?
galeon110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 10:10   Link #113
Bleed Kaga
Basketball Star

CE is now 5 years old, the large female fanbase are now in their late teens or early 20s. Do Japanese girls even read manga / watch anime religiously once they hit that age? Well, I don't pretend to know the answer, but I've been to Akihabara at least 7 times, and I almost never see any girls older than 18 around those BL sections. It's highly probable the age of the fanbase plays a role in whether or not a 3rd TV series will be produced.

As for consistency in CE, well, I guess it doesn't exist; but it doesn't seem so bad after you read the Prince of Tennis manga.
Bleed Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 10:26   Link #114
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Kaga View Post
As for consistency in CE, well, I guess it doesn't exist; but it doesn't seem so bad after you read the Prince of Tennis manga.
Doesn't seem so bad? That seems like a praise to PoT, especially with recent chapters border lining absolutely ridiculous. GSD has nothing on that. :3

And yes, the issue is clear that Bandai acknowledges that their fangirls who bought into the SEED craze are now entering the work-force. However, they've also said the same for UC, in which their fanbase are now in their 30s and such, along with different mediums of Gundam story-telling beyond new UC TV series everyone in forums seem to want, and it really depends. They're already looking beyond CE with hopes of catching the same bait that made SEED successful, but this time, with a non-female catch.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 11:55   Link #115
LadyMadChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Kaga View Post
CE is now 5 years old, the large female fanbase are now in their late teens or early 20s. Do Japanese girls even read manga / watch anime religiously once they hit that age? Well, I don't pretend to know the answer, but I've been to Akihabara at least 7 times, and I almost never see any girls older than 18 around those BL sections. It's highly probable the age of the fanbase plays a role in whether or not a 3rd TV series will be produced.
Does anyone else think that Bandai might have blamed a "maturing" fanbase for GSD's poor ratings? CE still sells, but in a different way, ie merchandise, mega DVD sales etc. It you look at DVD sales, you can see people are still interested, but don't watch it in its original run. Perhaps Bandai just doesn't think that a tv series is the best way to milk the CE cash cow and want to try other mediums, ovas, movies, etc.
LadyMadChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 12:23   Link #116
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

So are they scrapping GS and moving on with Gundam 00?
Old 2007-06-09, 12:24   Link #117
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Pretty sure it was mentioned that the Gundam SEED Movie was already in production.
Old 2007-06-09, 14:27   Link #118
galeon110

I want the movie but dammit I want a third series too. Don't they understand that they still have a HUUUUGE CE / SEED fanbase? If they were smart, they'd take advantage of this...
galeon110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 23:07   Link #119
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well the gs fans are definally are got to be one of the many reasons why gs rules cause it was the fans of gs wanting more gs that lead to gsd.

& now the gs fans get the fan disc supernova.

it's just a matter of time until the unthinkable will happen that gs season 3.

also my plan will happen that is GS SERIES REMAKE INTO TV SERIES OR MOVIES!!!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 23:23   Link #120
orni-ed
Hayate sama no Tame ni!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
well the gs fans are definally are got to be one of the many reasons why gs rules cause it was the fans of gs wanting more gs that lead to gsd.

& now the gs fans get the fan disc supernova.

it's just a matter of time until the unthinkable will happen that gs season 3.

also my plan will happen that is GS SERIES REMAKE INTO TV SERIES OR MOVIES!!!
Then what the heck are you waiting for?! go to SUNRISE now and tell them that you will produce/ write/ direct the 3rd SEED installment...

GS SUPERNOVA FANDISC= t3h warld dominataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

seriously, you got it bad....
orni-ed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep