AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-12, 12:59   Link #641
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Miku is the past, Chris is the future. Heartache to follow.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 13:05   Link #642
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Miku should know better than to get jealous. Too bad Hibiki had to show her her symphogear. Can't wait to see the next time they meet up with each otehr. Hibiki's idea to talk to Chris would never work since Chris has lost it and just wants to kill her. Looks like Chris had a rough past as well. Lol Tsubasa lives like a pig, but why were her clothes in the hospital room?
I wouldn't jump to conclusions about Miku's thoughts just yet. There are multiple possibilities on why Miku was crying. Instead of being jealous of Tsubasa, she could just be worried that Hibiki really is putting herself into danger.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 14:30   Link #643
tezu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I wouldn't jump to conclusions about Miku's thoughts just yet. There are multiple possibilities on why Miku was crying. Instead of being jealous of Tsubasa, she could just be worried that Hibiki really is putting herself into danger.
I agree, I think that Miku was more scared and shocked by the Hibiki in front of her. I mean, anyone would freak out by the sight of such a dangerous fight, even more so when their friends are involved. I do wonder what purpose Miku will serve in the series, though. She's listed as the fourth main character, is she going to be a source of strength for Hibiki like the deceased Kanade is for Tsubasa? That would be a somewhat disappointing role imo.
Old 2012-02-12, 19:54   Link #644
Ray
Garnet

I saw episode 6 a while ago, but I never got around to commenting on it. Meh, so here goes.

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
After this episode, I can't help but feel that, in Hibiki's case, it's as if it is the Relics that's using her as a weapon, not vice versa.
That's an interesting way to look at it; and it's definitely something I can agree with. We'll see, I guess.

Quote:
You have to admit, it's strange to see what might have been a secondary character appear in the OP together with the heroines of the show (even if one of them is already dead). This was actually the first thing that made me suspect Ryouko has a bigger role in the show than what we were shown.
Ah, I completely forgot about the OP. I haven't been paying all that much attention to Symphogear's OP due to the fact that I find some of the effects used in it to be a little off-putting.

Quote:
To be fair, all Hibiki did was just swing the damn thing =3. And it doesn't seem that she's in control when holding Durandal. IF she is shown to use it more proficiently in the future, we could say that it's Durandal that's sharing it's past experiences with her (awkward as this explanation is, really >_>) or that Genjuuro gave her some training in kenjutsu (more likely imho).
Now this is something I can totally get behind with. I absolutely loathe when characters are able to pick up a weapon, and instantly become proficient with it.

Quote:
I like Hibiki's hairstyle tbh =3. Tsubasa's is the the one that I dislike, it really looks bad when you look long enough. Can't they come up with a better way to draw her hair? (While we're at this, I must say I think her heel blades look silly too >_>)
I'll admit that I'm a little biased when it comes to hairstyles because I adore longhaired girls with long bangs. I don't know, I think Tsubasa's hair is drawn well; it's just that the animation can make it seem worse than it actually is.

Quote:
Maybe Durandal (Awakened) looks that way because it's channeling Gungnir's Germanic roots?
Oh, Gungnir! Norse mythology <3. That just yet again reminds me how much I would've loved Kanade as the MC.

Quote:
Oh Genjuuro-ojisan, how manly you are~
Yeeaaah. I usually don't save topless pics of men, but this was too good for me to pass up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Anyway, here's some Chris fanart (which there needs to be more of -- preferably in this same getup <3):

-snip-
Oh god, that image is just too adorable. It seems you beat me to posting it. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Gawd, Chris... So adorable... Please be mine. <3
Spoiler for Newtype scan:
D'awwwwwwwwwwwww. Both Chris and Tsubasa are crying, but the former looks like she could do with a hug <3. Thanks for the scan Kismet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
I honestly hope that the beginning of the anime was just the show trolling us. I mean sure; Hibiki's kindness and naivety will probably be the end of her, but I'd rather for this not to be the case. After watching episode 6, I really want her to survive; and on that note, Chris must live on! *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Well another obvious reason that Chris is loses to Hibiki would be that she's letting her anger get the best of her. I mean it the first two encounters she was taken by surprise once form Tsubasa and again by Hibiki obtaining the "Magic Sword" but now she's just to focusing anymore thats shown with her change in behavior.
Yep, I agree. Fiery and violent rage such as that will only hinder a person in battle, or in similar circumstances; there's no thinking involved, and it all leads to recklessly throwing oneself at the opponent. Or perhaps she wasn't fighting Hibiki at full strength because her heart was shrouded with doubt and uncertainty, and as a result she was unable to sing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
All we need now is a Kanade Figma, which'll probably sell out in under 24 hours
Why stop at a figma? I'd much prefer a PVC figure. A Chris figma, nendo, or PVC figure would be to die for. ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
This. There was a fairly large explosion at the place where Hibiki was fighting Chris; Miku could be worried that her best friend may've gotten injured in that fight. Plus, Miku has always come across to me as an extremely understanding person. I hope that the two friends will be able to work everything out soon, and by doing so get their yuri relationship back on track.

Fanart (some of which is of Chris!) and a close up of the Hibiki figma:

Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 21:57   Link #645
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah
Spoiler for Tsubasa & Kanade:

Spoiler for Kanade, big size:
I really like those two pieces. ESPECIALLY the first one: that is THE best Symphogear fanart I've seen so far. Wow.
Old 2012-02-12, 22:33   Link #646
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Miku feeling lonely with out Hibiki
Old 2012-02-13, 01:57   Link #647
molitar

Am I the only one that caught the reference that Ryoko Sakurai maybe a traitor? Did nobody notice the blood on the case with the supposed orders to move the blade? Did nobody catch how when attacked she told Hibiki to leave it? This had to be a setup but what is she after and why kill the defense minister remember the blood was exactly where his hand was when the rifle was jabbed into his hand to stop him from doing anything to the case.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 02:22   Link #648
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Am I the only one that caught the reference that Ryoko Sakurai maybe a traitor?
Considering this was discussed somewhat extensively already a week ago, I'd say instead of being the only one to notice, you are simply late to the party
Old 2012-02-13, 02:51   Link #649
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Am I the only one that caught the reference that Ryoko Sakurai maybe a traitor? Did nobody notice the blood on the case with the supposed orders to move the blade? Did nobody catch how when attacked she told Hibiki to leave it? This had to be a setup but what is she after and why kill the defense minister remember the blood was exactly where his hand was when the rifle was jabbed into his hand to stop him from doing anything to the case.
Dude that was ages ago, right now people are discussing whether Ryoko and Fenie are actually the same b***h, or Fenie being Ryoko's evil twin after all. Though not 100% certain, I can say....
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 03:01   Link #650
molitar

Ok I missed it in all the threads and when I searched for traitor nothing came up in the thread search.. guess thread search is broken since it did not find that keyword.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 03:31   Link #651
sirn
田舎者言うな

2ch also found out that both Ryouko's name and the blonde (Fine) is a play on word "end".

The "Ryou" in Sakurai Ryouko (櫻井「了」子) means "End" or "Finish" as a single Kanji.
The blonde is named "Fine" (フィーネ, as in da capo al fine) which also means "End" (in musical composition).
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 06:48   Link #652
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Did Hibiki just pulled a White Devil? Let's be friends so I'm going to beat you up.
Old 2012-02-13, 07:02   Link #653
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Her turning around and seeing the light at some point is indeed something I expect to happen, and she obviously isn't the final boss, but it's still a bit of a letdown to see her go from a menacing presence on the battlefield to someone who has all but lost their aura of dread, all in the span of 2 encounters past her first.
I'd just like to point out for this episode I think Chris is fighting without her armgear, "The Staff of Solomon", which she was making use of in their previous battles; since it seems like that was what She handed over to Fenie at the start of the episode.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 08:53   Link #654
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
2ch also found out that both Ryouko's name and the blonde (Fine) is a play on word "end".

The "Ryou" in Sakurai Ryouko (櫻井「了」子) means "End" or "Finish" as a single Kanji.
The blonde is named "Fine" (フィーネ, as in da capo al fine) which also means "End" (in musical composition).
Oh, that sure is an interesting observation; it's also quite fitting since symphogear users rely on their singing or music to defeat Noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I'd just like to point out for this episode I think Chris is fighting without her armgear, "The Staff of Solomon", which she was making use of in their previous battles; since it seems like that was what She handed over to Fenie at the start of the episode.
I'm actually pretty sure that The Staff of Solomon, and the Nehushtan Armour are two different relics since they're based on two different myths; Nehushtan originates from the Hebrew Bible, whereas the legend of Solomon originates from Book of the Kings. I thought Chris' armed gear is her pink whip like weapon? What I don't get is why these two relics have a similar colour scheme. I know they're both of Hebrew origin, but still..
Old 2012-02-13, 16:43   Link #655
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I'm actually pretty sure that The Staff of Solomon, and the Nehushtan Armour are two different relics since they're based on two different myths; Nehushtan originates from the Hebrew Bible, whereas the legend of Solomon originates from Book of the Kings. I thought Chris' armed gear is her pink whip like weapon? What I don't get is why these two relics have a similar colour scheme. I know they're both of Hebrew origin, but still..
I agree they're separate relics much like Hibiki's armgear and relic being different, and without the The Staff of Solomon, she isn't able to summon noise it seems.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 17:14   Link #656
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I agree they're separate relics much like Hibiki's armgear and relic being different, and without the The Staff of Solomon, she isn't able to summon noise it seems.
Oh, really? I assumed Hibiki's armed gear and relic were one and the same. So, if her relic is Gungnir, or the shards rather, what's her armed gear? But aye, I don't think The Staff of Solomon is all that useful in battle; the noise it summons basically just serve as cannon fodder for symphogear users.
Old 2012-02-13, 20:14   Link #657
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Figures that Hibiki would be starting to bond with Tsubasa and now maybe Chris after this episode right as Miku catches her in action. I found it a little amusing that she'd find out about her relationship with Tsubasa because she literally happened to be across the street from the hospital at that very moment, but the whole seeing her in action thing was bound to happen.

So unsurprisingly Hibiki doesn't seem to want to use the Durandal anymore cause it kind of takes over her and turns her into a death machine so I'm thinking that sword ends up in the final bosses hand or as a plot device that Hibiki has to destroy at some point. As it stands I just don't see her using it again...just doesn't fit her personality and way of fighting, which is to communicate with her fist. Speaking of which now she's just using super robot attacks it seems, like with the Big O's sudden impact on Chris. As it stands Hibiki actually seems like the most skilled raw fighter besides the base commander, but she just can't seem to use any other weapon at all without it backfiring or just plain not working. Anyway this character owns so far and has definitely attained groovy chick status with me.

What doesn't own is the pretty unfortunate levels of QUALITY this show is finding itself in of late. It's really easy to notice the animation flubs this time around where sometimes characters just barely resemble their basic design with minimal detail (Tsubasa got the worst of it this episode) and even worse when the animation just seems to stop entirely on an awkward frame (this happened a couple of times, but was most noticeable when Miku was in the restaurant). Show really betrays that it's being handled by newbies at times like these.

As for Chris' depowering, that's just something that seems to always come about in mecha/shonen type shows when it becomes clearer and clearer that a "villain" is not really going to be a villain for much longer. It happened to Vegeta who was a bloody unstoppable monster before he became a good guy during the Namek arc, it happened to Fato-Chan, it happened to Soma Peries in Gundam 00, it happened to Nico Robin in One Piece, it happened to Edea in FFVIII....these character types just always seem to lose their edge to the hero once their "not villain" nature is unveiled. You could almost right a TVTrope for it if there isn't one already.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 21:59   Link #658
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Did Hibiki just pulled a White Devil? Let's be friends so I'm going to beat you up.
Of course, YOU GOT BEFRIENDED.

Since Hibiki is Subaru in Symphogear, does that mean the White Devil teach Subaru how to befriend people the right way?

Episode 6 does prove that... Divine Buster need not need to be a big energy to finish off the opponent. A small one is enough.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 09:20   Link #659
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post

Episode 6 does prove that... Divine Buster need not need to be a big energy to finish off the opponent. A small one is enough.
Hibiki learned from the Domon Kashuu School Of Friendship: the first step to a healthy relationship is to introduce people to your FISTS

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 14:59   Link #660
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

How, it's interesting for Hibiki to learn the traditionnal action shounen fist attack called "The Power of Friendship" while she is working her ass against Chris.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, musical, original anime, science fiction, shounen, tragedy