AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-09-12, 10:18   Link #1
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Super Mobile Legend Dinagiga

Just in case people wanted some actual information on this series...

This is a two episode OVA, released in 1998. As far as I know, it was released only on VHS and LD - we used the LDs.

The story focuses on Touno Hikari, who has just come to this robot training camp in order to get the license she needs for the rest of her classes. We start the story on her third day, where it's a surprise Hikari hasn't managed to destroy the entire campus yet. ^^;

Of course, there are several things about it that don't add up, like why the campus is so huge and yet has so few students, or why Hikari is given so many chances when she has proven how much of a liability she is.

Without spoiling it, I don't really care to say much more, but this is somewhat of a character drama with mecha involved. ^^; It does have a great opening though, so you should check it out!

We worked hard to bring this out today, and hope people enjoy it!
Old 2004-09-12, 11:36   Link #2
Kensuke

Just watch those two episodes, show was quite surprising it started light and funny, but then... I will put the rest inside spoilers. And that opening song simply rocked, in fact I listened it twice before I started to watch the actual episode.
I didn't mind the lower video quality compared to ultra shining quality what we see in today's fansubs since actual animation is very good, as good as you can expect OVA from late 90's.
Spoiler:

All in all, very good OVA and thank you Hikari no Kiseki for bringing this to us, I enjoyed it. I would like to see more older anime, since those will most likely never be licenced.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 13:50   Link #3
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Lol AnimeONE is working on this to O_o

It 's a nice show ^_^

Take Care
Sakaki-
Sakaki- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 17:35   Link #4
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Glad you liked it. We do think it would have been better if it had been longer, but it does appear that it was cut short at two episodes, forcing them to rush to some sort of conclusion. It still plays out okay, but a lot of mysteries are left open, simply because they didn't have the time to explain them. Perhaps they meant to keep it somewhat light, and make the transition to what it ended as more gradual...

As for some older anime, there are a few plans in the works... has anyone tried to identify the sounds that came with our commemorative logo after the show? =p Each ep uses a different track...
Old 2004-09-12, 22:08   Link #5
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
As for some older anime, there are a few plans in the works... has anyone tried to identify the sounds that came with our commemorative logo after the show? =p Each ep uses a different track...
I'll try when I download it. I don't really intend to watch the episode so soon, as I've watched them on VHS something like a year ago (fansubbed by Otaking Studios; probably I and something like other 6 people know of this fansub) but it's really a cute show and I'm glad you did it for the masses.

Hope to see more older stuff from you soon. And more Comet-san too, of course.

kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 00:52   Link #6
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Actually, the fact that Otaking Studios subbed it came up in the process of researching a couple things. I wasn't that surprised, as it is a 6 year old OVA.

That illustration on the top center of the VHS vol.1 back cover looks really cute. Do you happen to have a bigger scan of that image? ^^;

As for more Comet-san, well...
Old 2004-09-13, 00:54   Link #7
Jasconius
HnK Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Jasconius
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
I'll try when I download it. I don't really intend to watch the episode so soon, as I've watched them on VHS something like a year ago (fansubbed by Otaking Studios; probably I and something like other 6 people know of this fansub) but it's really a cute show and I'm glad you did it for the masses.
Funnily enough, when I first saw the opening back in 2001 or so, I looked around for any place online that might have fansubs, or anything, and didn't turn up a thing. And when we started working on the project in early 2002, there was still nothing. We didn't even find out that someone had subbed it on tape until after we were done translating and timing (a couple weeks ago). Of course we hope this spreads Hikari wuv to many more and different people. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
Hope to see more older stuff from you soon. And more Comet-san too, of course.
Hohoho, we hope to live up to your expectations! Keep watching! ^_^
Jasconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 06:42   Link #8
kuru

Quote:
That illustration on the top center of the VHS vol.1 back cover looks really cute. Do you happen to have a bigger scan of that image? ^^;
I don't have the tapes (image is courtesy of Yahoo Auctions ^_^) but I have a slightly better verson of the illustration, as used on a CD cover:

kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 21:27   Link #9
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Any more comments? With 2000 downloads, I would have thought a few more people would have something to say about it. ^^;

Old 2004-09-16, 21:34   Link #10
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Any more comments? With 2000 downloads, I would have thought a few more people would have something to say about it. ^^;
I've gotten it downloaded but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet - it's pretty far down the backlog, especially since I've had a club marathon to plan and prep for all week...I'm certain others have valid reasons as well.
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote