AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2007-02-13, 09:36   Link #441
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

I doubt Aizen's group is actually underpowered. Like what Question said, Aizen's shikai ability can easily defeat all the people in Soul Society.
Aizen is, after all, the ultimate boss, that's why no one has yet figured out a way to even touch Aizen. (Well actually Aizen's shikai can be countered, but only if he's up against a blind shinigami like Tousen (too bad Tousen is a villain...and actually i doubt Tousen can even beat Aizen even if he's blind o_O, but someone who can master the art of blindness and is stronger or as strong as Aizen can probably defeat him)]

Aizen's shikai is not 100% perfect. For example, when Aizen faked a corpse of himself, the 4th squad captain could detect that something was amiss with Aizen's fake corpse, but well...she wasn't strong enough to overcome his shikai.

The thing is it's still a very long way before Aizen is even a match for Ichigo.

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~

Last edited by eplipswich; 2007-02-13 at 09:50.
eplipswich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 09:46   Link #442
Question
Crossdresser

Actually theres no need to wonder how Aizen will be defeated if anyone has watched a single B-grade hollywood movie or standard shounen series in their life that involves a supposedly incredibly powerful villain that the main characters cant seem to beat.

-Plot device(Main character detonates a bomb, bad guy trips and fall into bottomless pit, etc)

-Main character powers up and defeats the bad guy, also known as the "I lost the final duel with the villain! Im going to die! Whats this, a flashback?! The power of love?! All my wounds just stopped affecting me! SPINNING COBRA CLUTCH! Yay i beat the villain!" hollywood scence.

Yea Unohana felt something missing with her 6th sense. Thats was when she had hours and hours to examine the "corpse" with state of the art autospy tools. What happens in a battlefield sitaution? You dont even get the 6th sense warning, because Aizen is going to use shunpo to stab you in the face within one second while you stand there, facing the completely wrong direction and think you are talking with him as he stands a few meters away.

Sure "its only shikai" which is the most annoying part about the aizen as a villain character. Its only shikai and its already more powerful than everyone's bankai combined. Its more or less a god mode cheat. After all you cant attack something that you dont know is there. Not even with AOE attacks, because you will be hynoptized into thinking that nothing is, or was there in the first place, so there is no reason to do a AOE attack.
Old 2007-02-13, 11:40   Link #443
User46956

[manga] Zangetsu

Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-02-13 at 15:47. Reason: spoiler tags
User46956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 12:32   Link #444
UnderscoreX
The Post Whisperer..Shhh!

Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-02-13 at 15:47. Reason: spoiler tags
UnderscoreX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 22:06   Link #445
Lendial

if aizen wasnt so overpowered then it wouldnt be neary exciting, imagine if aizen had a different shikai and barely managed to leave SS with the orb and his life.

the villain has to be overpowered, the only problem is that the good guys always find a way to win in the end. this predictability defines shounen.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 04:26   Link #446
Question
Crossdresser

Villains dont need to be overpowered to make a shounen series suceed. You can write plotlines that dont rely on a villain that is so powerful that nobody can beat him but he gives the main characters a chance to oppose him anyway.
Old 2007-02-14, 04:39   Link #447
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windblade View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for manga:
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 19:08   Link #448
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-02-14, 21:15   Link #449
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

How do you pronounced 'Wabisuke?'

Is it 'wah-bee-soo-kay' or 'wah-bee-skay?'
Hisago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 21:53   Link #450
striderm
Adusa #1

The second.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 07:46   Link #451
Ichimaru

manga
Spoiler:
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 14:07   Link #452
poptart
come tess me now!!

Spoiler:

i know this is from forever ago but the voice for ishida when he was a kid is Takako Honda http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...le.php?id=8105
poptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 22:11   Link #453
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
manga
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 13:50   Link #454
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Uhm i got a few questions...

Are Ulquiorra & Yami Vaste Lordes?
Are Vaste Lordes complete hollows or hollows with shinigami powers?

If i am correct (correct me if i am wrong) is Ichigo without the hadokyo (probably misspelled) a perfect type amoung the Arrancar?

I am rather confused about these hollow types...can some please explain all this..?
Old 2007-02-16, 14:47   Link #455
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post

As Explained By Hitsugaya, they should be Vastoorodes (I think that its how it is correctly and the translator in the ANime made a mistake), they were Hollows that removed their mask thus they are Arrancar, in their specific case, the Vastoroode is a Menos that have removed his Mask and are the most powerful of the 3 tipes opf Menos.

The Ajucaru are Menos that are smaller and more Intelligent than the Gillian.

Quote:
If i am correct (correct me if i am wrong) is Ichigo without the hadokyo (probably misspelled) a perfect type amoung the Arrancar?
Nope, Ichigo should be something that is like a Arrancar, but the opposite of the concept, As Arrancar are Hollows that removed their mask to gain Shimigamis Power, in the case of Ichigo is more like a Shimigami that tries to adquiere Hollow powers, I this case is like he’s putting on the mask instead of Removing them.

He would be the same type as HIrako, in this case
Spoiler:

Quote:
I am rather confused about these hollow types...can some please explain all this..?
You have the normal Hollows, the one That Ichigo Kill day to day.

You have the Menos type hollows which are divided in 3 tipes:

You have the Gillians, the big Hollow that are just foot soldier and are beast Intellect, this one are easi for a Captain to defeat.

You have the Adjuncar that are the ones that are Above the gillians and are in charge of them.

And then You have the Vastoorodes, that are the ones that are above the rest and they are as Hitsugaya explained very powerful.

One point is that this are the Separation of Hollow including menos, However the fgillians Obviusley are not Arrancar.
Old 2007-02-16, 15:53   Link #456
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post

Spoiler for minor manga spoilers:
Old 2007-02-16, 18:04   Link #457
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Thanks both Rurik & kagoto3 that makes things more clear...and i forgot about the name Vaizards

I read the manga for a big part so i know what's going to happen but was a little confused....and now since the anime continues....i completly stopped reading the manga

So you basically have...3 types..

Shinigami (different class of shinigami) [good guys] {human look alike, except cpt. Komumaru}
Vaizards (both hollows/shinigami) [neutral] {no hole}
Hollows (which are divided into categories) [bad guys] {hole}
Old 2007-02-16, 20:51   Link #458
kagato3

no there are 4 types of souls if you want to sort them that way

Shinigami- Are completely human looking (except cpt. Komumaru). Has a sword. - the "good guys"

Viazzad- Shinigami/hollow hybrid (no hole, has a sword, can form a mask) - exiled from SS might be good might not. trying to recrute Ichigo

Arrancar - Hollow/Shinigami hybrid the more intelgent they are the more human looking they are (has a hole, broken mask, has a sword) - most seem to be working with Azein "the Bad guys"

Hollow- moster like beings (has a hole and a mask, no sword) "the bad guys faceless minoins"
Old 2007-02-16, 20:53   Link #459
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Ah yeah that's what i meant...thanks anyway
Old 2007-02-18, 01:51   Link #460
sarugetyou

ok this may be a very stupid question..

but what the hell is bounto???

i've skipped the fillers (as i always do for all animes).. so i've seen up to episode 62.. and started watching again from 110 (correct me if i'm wrong.. episode 63~109 are fillers right?).
they talk about bounto a lot and i'm lost.. are they from fillers? do i need to know what they are if i'm to understand what's going on?
sarugetyou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a