Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-29, 18:03   Link #3001
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
Vallen is absolutely right on every single point.

I wanted to add something as well. The matter of C.C. and Suzaku crying was brought up repeatedly as a proof of Lelouches death. I have to disagree with those that consider this as some king of proof.

1. Suzaku cried because he had to stab his friend. It doesn’t matter what Lelouch did before that, it doesn’t matter that he killed Euphie. Suzaku was forced to kill – or at the very least stab in the chest witch is more that painful – his best friend. It also doesn’t matter that someone can try to add “former” to “friend”. He attacked Lelouch knowing the whole plan, he knew that this all was staged with one single purpose in mind – by dumping all the hatred in the world on one man get rid of this man. Lelouch knew what was going to happen and he didn’t even moved and smiled while Suzaku pierced him with a very sharp sword. Not to mention that he was forced to do this in front of Nunnully – effectively taking the most important person from her.

Does anyone still think that there weren’t enough reasons for him to cry?

2. C.C. The same goes for her. She knew what Lelouch had planned and what had to be done. That includes once more: physically killing Lelouch and even if he could resurrect that was I bet very painful; killing him in front of closest people to him – Nunnally, Suzaku, Kallen and everyone else.

Was the tremendous sacrifice that he made willingly worth crying about?
Could be true :O Interesting post. C.C. could cry because she knows what becoming Immortal means. I don't think that c.c. wanted to give him immortality, but if lelouch decided to keep this promise by doing that, she would not have been able to stop him

But TBH i prefer the theory that the gods resurrected him for him to be able to have a tomorrow, or that he had charles code since the episode 21.

Quote:
I’m really starting to be annoyed by people who think like that witch isn’t very characteristic of me.

I’m sure that Lelouch deserves to be alive for all the good that he has done. And for all the bad he has done he has suffered and still will suffer enough. At least in 30-50 years he can live openly and maybe doing even more for the world.
I think he deserves it too. He kept his promise with c.c.. And Now the "If you are a witch, I will become a warlock" became real ^o^
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 18:14   Link #3002
Theron
Professional Lurker

I bet he has Charles Code. The thing with gods seems fishy to me.
He did kind of defeated Charles and Charles did disappear. I don't know just seems rather fitting to me.
Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 18:22   Link #3003
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I bet he has Charles Code. The thing with gods seems fishy to me.
He did kind of defeated Charles and Charles did disappear. I don't know just seems rather fitting to me.
That was already disproved, as you can see Charles' Code still on Charles' hand as he's blasted away into nothingness.
Old 2008-09-29, 18:23   Link #3004
Hellbore

What I cant get my head around is People think the LL=RR when its blatently not the case. Okay, there is no 'L' sound in Japanese, but there is no 'R' sound either. The closest approximation in English for the romanizations, 'ra', 'ri', 'ru', 're', and 'ro' is a soft 'D'. It can also be romanized as 'L' just as easily as 'R', and can also be said as an 'L' by people.

So to all those who say R2 = Lelouch alive. It's not evidence.

Further, IF he has Charles' code, he'd be V.V., as the name comes from the code.
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 18:25   Link #3005
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
That was already disproved, as you can see Charles' Code still on Charles' hand as he's blasted away into nothingness.
Who said that? We don't see his hand. His hand is already eaten
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 18:48   Link #3006
Theron
Professional Lurker

No we didn't. He used the hand with Code to grab Lelouch and you could see that it already began to disappear by the time he grabbed Lelouch. When he let go that hand already was gone. So yeah, it's still open.

Edit: I remembered that some kind of fan art was posted in Image thread about that whole situation. And yeah it was the case.
Check that out:

Edit: I just realized that we all teased Lelouches fabulous sword. That it was pink and looked like plastic and were asking if it even could slice anything… But in the end Lelouch was killed by that very sword! Damn, I feel kind of ashamed…

Last edited by Theron; 2008-09-29 at 20:19.
Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 20:43   Link #3007
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Another reason I think Lelouch is still alive is because of the cart driver's cloth. It looks...not so stylish. And we all know Lelouch's sense of dressing LOL (clothing whatever you guys call it in English.)
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 21:03   Link #3008
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
Another reason I think Lelouch is still alive is because of the cart driver's cloth. It looks...not so stylish. And we all know Lelouch's sense of dressing LOL (clothing whatever you guys call it in English.)
That clothing is pretty standard for where they are, actually. Go to a countryside and that is what people normally wear.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 21:22   Link #3009
Aquaman OS

If he lived, it wasn't according to plan as Suzaku's and C.C.'s tears make it clear they expected him to die. But really if he lived it would cheapen that scene.

Also I'd like to think Lelouch recognized his inner darkness and realized that he himself was also a horrible sinner and one of the people that needed to go for the world to become a better place. It would be the ultimate difference between Lelouch and Light Yagami as Light had this pointed out to him once (that he would be sinning for killing the sinners and should he punish himself, Light laughed it off as basically "I'm more special than them". So I'd give Lelouch massive props for him to realize that he's just as bad as the people he fought and that he needs to die to save the world from himself.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 21:28   Link #3010
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'm part of the fanclub that says Lelouch is Dead. Theres' evidence to support either side, but I'm going with Dead for a very simple reason:

this way, he can be reborn anew, the slate wiped clean, and have a normal life, and should the High Powers of CG be really nice, they'll give him a situation like he had at Ashford, but this time, no bastard father/bitch of a mother to make him hate the world

He will finally find peace!

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 22:19   Link #3011
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
If he lived, it wasn't according to plan as Suzaku's and C.C.'s tears make it clear they expected him to die. But really if he lived it would cheapen that scene.

Also I'd like to think Lelouch recognized his inner darkness and realized that he himself was also a horrible sinner and one of the people that needed to go for the world to become a better place. It would be the ultimate difference between Lelouch and Light Yagami as Light had this pointed out to him once (that he would be sinning for killing the sinners and should he punish himself, Light laughed it off as basically "I'm more special than them". So I'd give Lelouch massive props for him to realize that he's just as bad as the people he fought and that he needs to die to save the world from himself.
That's redemption talk... which, as I pointed out, isn't anything to do with what Lulu was after.

Lulu has never been the type to punish himself, nor is he the type who would go after redemption. He cares about results, and his grand plan worked in changing the world.

If you still see everything he does as some sort of suicide, I can't agree. This is NOT about Lulu. It is never about him. This is about making a difference. Lulu is just one man, whether Lulu lived or died wouldn't have changed anything. What would make a difference is if a larger than life villain was killed by a larger than life hero on live TV.

And if Lulu deserved to die, then half of the named cast would have deserved similar fates.
Old 2008-09-29, 22:22   Link #3012
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
No we didn't. He used the hand with Code to grab Lelouch and you could see that it already began to disappear by the time he grabbed Lelouch. When he let go that hand already was gone. So yeah, it's still open.

Edit: I remembered that some kind of fan art was posted in Image thread about that whole situation. And yeah it was the case.
Check that out:

Edit: I just realized that we all teased Lelouches fabulous sword. That it was pink and looked like plastic and were asking if it even could slice anything… But in the end Lelouch was killed by that very sword! Damn, I feel kind of ashamed…
I think we agreed that the sword was quite UN-fabulous, to off set the overwhelming Fabulous of Lelouch's hat. Speaking of which, we now have definitive proof that the cart driver is NOT Lelouch: the hat was nowhere in that cart. And as Turn 25 proved, the Hat has the ability to teleport back to Lelouch even from mortal peril such as being trapped in a sinking Avalon.

Last edited by Discerptor; 2008-10-08 at 21:37.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 22:23   Link #3013
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
And if Lulu deserved to die, then half of the named cast would have deserved similar fates.
Half? Are you mad? At least 90% of the cast deserves to die. The only one that doesn't deserve to die is Arthur and maybe Rivalz.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 22:24   Link #3014
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Half? Are you mad? At least 90% of the cast deserves to die. The only one that doesn't deserve to die is Arthur and maybe Rivalz.
You do realise that this whole mess started because Rivalz was a crappy driver in the first episode, right?
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 22:41   Link #3015
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
You do realise that this whole mess started because Rivalz was a crappy driver in the first episode, right?
Every one should blame the countless deaths of no-names in the series
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 23:03   Link #3016
blewin

regardless of whether Lelouch is alive or dead, he's earned my respect for that last deed. Eitherway, he's throwing his life "old life? if still alive" away, cutting ties with the person that matters to him the most: Nunnally. And not to mention to get stabbed in the chest! In the end, he comes out as a hero rather than a villain, an anti-hero who redeems himself and is strong enough to orchestrate events till the end, including the manner of his death.

Hail Lelouch, the ultimate mastermind.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 23:05   Link #3017
Opi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
i thought this at first too, but then i realized if rivalz never inadvertantly caused lelouch to get the geass, then Charles would've just Evangelion'ed the world, and everyone would be gone.

rivalz = hero of the series? i think so
Opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 23:18   Link #3018
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opi View Post
rivalz = hero of the series? i think so
I LMAO when I read this. If we're going by this logic, isn't it Tamaki's fault that CC met Lelouch in the first place? Tamaki should also be the hero of the series then.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 23:52   Link #3019
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
I LMAO when I read this. If we're going by this logic, isn't it Tamaki's fault that CC met Lelouch in the first place? Tamaki should also be the hero of the series then.
Tamaki: The Unsung Hero
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 06:43   Link #3020
kaefer_zwei
Devicer

All Characters in CG seem to have a happy ending except for Lulu though. he fought and died for peace. yet theirs that sad part that he never got the just reward.
Lulu was only 18. there's really more to life.
kaefer_zwei is offline   Reply With Quote