AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-07-02, 12:22   Link #981
Random Wanderer

A witch, huh? That'll be different. I wonder what she can do. Even factoring in summoning and golem creation, there has been very little combat magic displayed that isn't just a sort of direct energy-manipulation. Also, I wonder what she did to drive her opponent to tears.

...How does Sieg fit all that hair under that hood?

Quote:
...is it just me, or did the chapter hint that Sieg might have health problems?
The others did seem worried about something. It's true she seems to come across as the 'adorable small animal' type of girl, who everyone will want to hug and protect, but Victoria definitely looked worried about her.

Still haven't seen any confirmation of whether Lutecia's limiter has been removed or not. I would think it would have to have been, for the contest to really be fair, but no one seems to have mentioned it.

Oh, and it wouldn't do to forget the beginning of the chapter because of all the rest. Einhart reminds the world that she should not be taken lightly. Of course, a spear is precisely the wrong type of weapon to use against her, unless you're a lot faster with it than her opponent was. The whole point to a spear is its reach, and once a close-range fighter gets inside that reach the weapon becomes worse than useless.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 12:40   Link #982
Justin_Brett

Speaking of Victoria, does she not know what Vivio and Einhart look like? If she does, she doesn't seem all that interested in them yet.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 12:41   Link #983
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

She probably knows what Vivio looks like, since she's the Sankt Kaiser and likely very recognizable by the public. Einhart? Not so much, I imagine.
Old 2011-07-02, 19:45   Link #984
Random Wanderer

Hmm... I wonder if Fabia temporarily turned her opponent into a frog. That may be more of a western sort of thing for a witch to do, but it would be quite demoralizing.
Old 2011-07-02, 19:48   Link #985
mielipuoli

I got the feeling the match hadn't started, and that it was very strange because the other girl wouldn't even get in the ring with her.
mielipuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 19:49   Link #986
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The announcer's remarks imply that they did have a match, as they were trying to determine if said match broke any rules or not.
Old 2011-07-02, 20:14   Link #987
Random Wanderer

It seemed at first like the announcer couldn't believe that what they saw actually happened. There are all sorts of things that could result in that, I imagine (especially given the over-dramatic way announcers in tournament arcs tend to react to things), but a forced transformation would be something that would earn that kind of response, I think. A more mundane possibility is that she used a curse of some sort to make her opponent too afraid to fight her.

There are many possibilities; I'm just trying to think of non-traditional (at least, non-traditional for Nanoha-style mages) things she could have done that would earn that sort of reaction.
Old 2011-07-02, 21:22   Link #988
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Yeah, more like, the match did start, but the opponent bailed out of the match rather than fight it out because of what Fabia did.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 10:59   Link #989
Random Wanderer

Is it bad that the more I read chapter 22 and see Sieglinde, the more I want to abandon our little heroines and support her for the tournament instead? Going against her feels like kicking a puppy.
Old 2011-07-03, 16:38   Link #990
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

No, I understand your feelings completely. There's something about her that just makes you want to reach out and pet the girl.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 19:00   Link #991
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Is it bad that the more I read chapter 22 and see Sieglinde, the more I want to abandon our little heroines and support her for the tournament instead? Going against her feels like kicking a puppy.
As a older brother to a wee sister I consider it my duty to support and love all good willed imoutos!
Yes I know they aren't really imoutos but to me they are!

But then how can you not like Sieg when she looks too adroble when trying to hide behind a bucket of popcorn~

They basically built up all that love for the gang to have it all come crashing down by introducing 2 characters that are super cute when they interact with each other(yea I totally dig Victoria here)

Instead of having your loyalty divided or challenged, just expand it!
Old 2011-07-03, 19:09   Link #992
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Nice that as the past champ she's not the "I'm so great and I can't be bothered hanging out with you weaklings" type.
Old 2011-07-03, 19:12   Link #993
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Whatever's ailing her probably gave her plenty enough perspective to avoid that personality.
Old 2011-07-03, 19:30   Link #994
Skane
Anime Snark

Props if Sieg gets adopted by Hayate or something. Nanoha has her monster and Fate has her orphans. We're just missing the once-ailed-now-feisty mother/daughter pairing.

Hoot.
Old 2011-07-03, 19:33   Link #995
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Isn't she a bit too old to be adopted by Hayate? And I really prefer Sieglind to not become a chronic breast groper
Old 2011-07-03, 20:19   Link #996
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Yeah it'd be funnier if she chased ferret tail or something

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 20:20   Link #997
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Isn't she a bit too old to be adopted by Hayate?
She's 16, only one or two years older than Erio. Adoption by one of the original trio isn't entirely outside of the realm of possibility, although right now we have no idea if it's necessary (unless there's more information in some of those raw chapters that I haven't seen yet...). Her family situation is a complete blank at the moment. Admittedly, so is Einhart's... But Sieg is adorable. All the more so when with Victoria (who becomes much sweeter and cuter herself when with Sieglinde).

Quote:
Instead of having your loyalty divided or challenged, just expand it!
It'll be hard. Einhart is going to have to fight her in the preliminaries, although (if I understand correctly) someone can lose a battle in the prelims and still not be eliminated. Frankly, I doubt either Einhart or Corona stands a chance against her right now. If they can lose without being eliminated, you can pretty much guarantee she's going to curbstomp them.

Quote:
Nice that as the past champ she's not the "I'm so great and I can't be bothered hanging out with you weaklings" type.
It's interesting... she says Victoria and Harri are both more amazing than she is, yet neither of them has even made it past the city tournament into the world tournament, while she is the interdimensional champion. I wonder why she rates them higher than herself? Even though I'm sure she is a modest girl, her phrasing doesn't seem right for it to just be modesty. She really doesn't think she's that impressive compared to them.
Old 2011-07-03, 20:27   Link #998
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Props if Sieg gets adopted by Hayate or something. Nanoha has her monster and Fate has her orphans. We're just missing the once-ailed-now-feisty mother/daughter pairing.

Hoot.
Hayate's had the Wolkenritter long before Nanoha and Fate got their kids.
Old 2011-07-03, 20:47   Link #999
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Hayate's had the Wolkenritter long before Nanoha and Fate got their kids.
I consider them more like a siblings, even Rein.

Sieg would be more like a daughter and like Skane, I've always been interested in seeing Hayate in a proper motherly role, Sieg or the hell even the witch could be great for that
Old 2011-07-03, 21:00   Link #1000
Justin_Brett

Quote:
It's interesting... she says Victoria and Harri are both more amazing than she is, yet neither of them has even made it past the city tournament into the world tournament, while she is the interdimensional champion. I wonder why she rates them higher than herself? Even though I'm sure she is a modest girl, her phrasing doesn't seem right for it to just be modesty. She really doesn't think she's that impressive compared to them.
Maybe there's some aspect of how tough she is that's not just hard work? Not uncommon in this setting.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vivid