AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2007-11-12, 22:19   Link #61
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

^ That was by Chata?
Anyway, true that. It's my favorite vocal Natsukage version, staying very similar to the original Natsukage. Voice also sounds more cheerful.
---
For fans of violins, you guys should check out TAMUSIC. They mostly do Touhou music, but they also do key music from time to time. Just the past Comiket 72, they had a purely AIR album and another album full of key music (incl. Gentle Jena <3).
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 02:54   Link #62
Jeiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post
^ That was by Chata?
Anyway, true that. It's my favorite vocal Natsukage version, staying very similar to the original Natsukage. Voice also sounds more cheerful.
Yeah it was: http://oddb.main.jp/index.php?Game%20Music%20Library Under AIRness, it states 茶太 as the vocalist and lyricist. My first exposure to Chata was actually "It disappears in summer" from B·INFINITY, before I even knew about her song in Clannad.
Jeiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 13:01   Link #63
nihaha

Air Aria AIR Arrangement by RESOUND WAV & HOPE -AIR Arrange Album- by kaz, has nice remix track of Natsukage too.
nihaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 14:31   Link #64
Zilch
From KeyFansClub...

What about the official lyrics of the op? Are they out yet?
Zilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 03:06   Link #65
Minoto

Here's a version of Tori no Uta that's interesting because it's entirely synthetic -- the vocals are courtesy of Hatsune Miku, one of the available personas for Yamaha's Vocaloid2 software package. Lia doesn't have to worry about losing her job anytime soon, but it's still intriguing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WutJPH9_ZJo
Minoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 19:01   Link #66
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

I think there's a pack of doujin music going around the internet, sized at 18gb and full of key song arranges only.
Can't post a link though. =p

Last edited by celcius; 2007-12-09 at 18:18.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 13:31   Link #67
Shiori Zuhon

Send a message via Yahoo to Shiori Zuhon
I love 'Tori no Uta'. It's one of my favourite anime theme right now.
Shiori Zuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 20:31   Link #68
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
Natsukage, Tori no Uta and Sousei are definitely my favourite songs from the TV series I'm in the process of hoarding as many versions as I can get of each of these three ^_^

Count:

Tori no Uta - 62 versions
Natsukage - 44 versions
Sousei - 14 versions

I think...I'm done xD

Let me know if you want me to *cough* point you in the right way *cough*

Last edited by Generic Asian Guy; 2008-01-18 at 13:55.
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 14:02   Link #69
Hikari
Banned

Yep Sousei is definitely a good one.

Strange though, I wonder if I'm the only one who likes "Futari" The way it starts out slow and heads upwards to a climax near the end. In contrast to the more upbeat Natsukage, I can tell there is a bittersweet melancholy feeling coming from Futari.

I guess it was noteworthy enough that they turned it into a song for the AIR movie's ending, which I happen to like as well
Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 14:06   Link #70
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
I like all of the songs =] I've been listening to my "AIR" playlist on loop for the last few days It's just that when it gets to Natsukage or Tori no Uta, I tend to press the back button just to repeat it again
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 01:01   Link #71
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari View Post
Strange though, I wonder if I'm the only one who likes "Futari" The way it starts out slow and heads upwards to a climax near the end. In contrast to the more upbeat Natsukage, I can tell there is a bittersweet melancholy feeling coming from Futari.
You're not the only one...I find myself listening to it every bit as often as Natsukage, Aozora, and the other obvious choices, even if they tend to come to mind first when it comes to making best-of lists. And I love the long version, mostly piano with strings at the end, that was used for the "Issho ni ikitai!" scene on the AIR drama CD's...there's a video available at http://youtube.com/watch?v=NdF4fxBBMiw that uses the first part of that track for the audio. I'd love to hear that without the VA's over it, but at the same time, parts of the dialog (particularly Misuzu, near the end) work almost better than sung lyrics would have, I think...
Old 2007-12-28, 15:38   Link #72
Hikari
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoto View Post
You're not the only one...I find myself listening to it every bit as often as Natsukage, Aozora, and the other obvious choices, even if they tend to come to mind first when it comes to making best-of lists. And I love the long version, mostly piano with strings at the end, that was used for the "Issho ni ikitai!" scene on the AIR drama CD's...there's a video available at http://youtube.com/watch?v=NdF4fxBBMiw that uses the first part of that track for the audio. I'd love to hear that without the VA's over it, but at the same time, parts of the dialog (particularly Misuzu, near the end) work almost better than sung lyrics would have, I think...
ah good to hear. I always thought it was a moving and meaningful track, but few ever mention it.

The existence of a long version is a surprise. This version is definitely familiar, yet different. They are able to stretch it out without making it too repetitive. It is still moving as with the original, perhaps more so. The piano feels a lot heavier and magnified compared the the softer feel of the original. I definitely like it.

I did not understand most of what the VA were saying other than the obvious words but perhaps there was no need. Their tones say enough. It's a bittersweet reunion, or perhaps, a farewell. Either way it's moment they want to enjoy but know well that it will not last long.

Futari is aptly named too. The two of us... A major theme of AIR is the different relationships between two people. It was played during the "tomodachi" scene in ep 1, and hearing it had the same powerful effect as when Natsukage was played earlier.

Thanks for sharing that link Minoto.
Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 22:06   Link #73
Sakurashope7
レイチェル

Send a message via MSN to Sakurashope7
Exclamation Can anyone help me, please?

At this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEvjeEuHlTU

The song played from 12:30 to 15:30 what is it called? Some have said that it's Summer Lights, if so what CD is it on because there are several version's of Summer Lights and I havent been able to find it.

I would deeply appreciate it if you could help me, I've been trying to find what CD this song is on for 3 years now.

Sakurashope7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 22:38   Link #74
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurashope7 View Post
The song played from 12:30 to 15:30 what is it called? Some have said that it's Summer Lights, if so what CD is it on because there are several version's of Summer Lights and I havent been able to find it.
That's Kotowari (理) -- it's on the AIR OST.
Old 2008-03-03, 20:07   Link #75
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
One of the Silver Forest album from the touhou series did a remix of the song, and the title name is "Kaze no Uta". Both Tori no Uta and Kaze no Uta are great song <3.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PvO_4MTqKY4
Old 2008-03-14, 22:19   Link #76
sainclaire
This space for rent.

Send a message via AIM to sainclaire
I can't get enough of Natsukage. Its been on repeat this entire week and I'll keep on playing it for another few weeks.
sainclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 14:27   Link #77
Anpatsuki
[.Otaku Revolucionaria.]

Send a message via MSN to Anpatsuki
I love opening!
Anpatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 16:45   Link #78
OmegaPhlare
The Romanticism

I got a question about Natsukage...

Is it translated Summer Shadow or is it Summer Lights? through using an online translator utility, I understand that "natsu" is summer and "kage" is shade. However, I saw the translated title as Summer Lights many years ago.

And was the Natukage/nostalgia album title a mistake for missing the 's' in Natsu?
OmegaPhlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 08:38   Link #79
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I don't have the kanji characters in front of me, so I can't tell you with 100% certainty that it is "Shadow of Summer" (or "Summer Shadow" if you prefer). I don't believe that "Summer Lights" is correct.

As to Natukage, it isn't an error. There are a few variations in romaji (expressing Japanese words with the Roman alphabet), but using tu/tsu both indicate the same character (つ). "Tu" is used much less frequently than "tsu" but they're both correct.
Old 2008-08-23, 07:09   Link #80
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Natsukage does indeed translate to 'Summer Shadows', at least such is the 'consensus' amongst the Air fan community... however, I believe it was subtitled summer lights by key in some of their material, if I'm remembering correctly. I remember some material once referring to the song as "Natsukage ~summer lights~"... so, perhaps that's where that comes from

-Andiyar