aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Christ, is this show bizarre.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 18:57   Link #42
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Ah, the first episode is more or less how I hoped it would be. I definitely like the way Miyabi sounds. In any case, I'm definitely going to keep watching this one.
Old 2009-07-06, 22:11   Link #43
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for GA 01 - Kisaragiland Go Land:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 22:48   Link #44
Falkor

I think this is the first time I've watched a show with Haruka Tomatsu, Kaori Nazuka, Horie Yui and Miyuki Sawashiro doing voices so different from the ones you are so accustomed to. Haruka Tomatsu increased the pitch of her voice for this role, which is not a bad thing at all, but it didn't quite fit the image I got of Kisaragi from the manga. She sounded more like an ojou-sama for some reason... though the voice she made was a pleasant and enjoyable one for this kind of character, a very different one from Nagi, Aoba and Rogue.

Now, I had a hard time believing that Miyuki Sawashiro was the one voicing Tomokane, who is so far my favorite character of the show (thanks to her, I think). her voice was very tomboyish and it worked perfectly to portray the genki nature of Tomokane---quite an impressive range of voice, I must say, which makes me wonder if there's something she can't do, or haven't heard doing... besides, Tomokane was not exactly the character I liked the most from the manga...

the show made a good adaptation of the manga, I think. For some reason I cannot remember the pictogram part even though they've included some other parts of the first volume---I should look it up just in case, since I have a really bad memory. That was one of the funniest sections of the first episode, especially towards the end.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 23:11   Link #45
apr
Pedestrian

"Hey, it's Noto Mamiko!"
"No, wait, it must be Hayami Saori."
"Yep."
"I am so sure now, cos I watched Eden a few days ago."
"WHAT THE FUCK? ARE THESE CREDITS CORRECT?!"

Tomatsu Haruka -> mind blown.
Old 2009-07-06, 23:12   Link #46
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Whee, can't wait to see it now if the VAs also get to play mind-tricks on their fans
Old 2009-07-06, 23:45   Link #47
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm gonna borrow aroduc's words to describe this show

Quote:
but in a totally fun and entertaining way!

def keeping with this show.
Old 2009-07-07, 04:46   Link #48
Dop
Mmmm....

Caught a bit of a raw this morning, didn't have time to watch much but from the bit I saw looks like a pretty straight adaptation of the manga. Hope it gets subbed.

Update: Having sat and watched the whole RAW (limited understanding, but I do have volume 1 of the manga on hand) I really enjoyed it and I'm sure I'll enjoy it more with subs!
The 'Colour Rangers' bit was hilarious.

Kyoujo (Professor) sounded exactly as I imagined her.

Pictograms: More interesting than chocolate coronets.

Last edited by Dop; 2009-07-07 at 16:06. Reason: updated after watching whole episode
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 12:16   Link #49
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Well, first episode was about as charming as the manga it's based on and was very true to the style.

They kind of expanded upon the whole signs/pictogram discussion thing, which I remember being a subject scattered in the first volume. I guess this kind of padding is necessary considering you've got things that only span 4 panels at a time. I was also glad they kept Noda-chan's always changing hairstyles and that shows they aren't going to be lazy with the series.

The VAs were pretty much 1:1 as I imagined them to be. Like the rest of you guys, I was a little surprised with who they actually cast for the roles. I especially like Miyuki Sawashiro for Tomokane. I was expecting to hear Serizawa, but she manages to make herself sound even more boyish that's it's scary. From now on, I will have to frequently remind myself that Tomokane is a girl.

Quote:
Pretty much. This was my reaction when I first read the manga as well.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 17:15   Link #50
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
yep yep, it's definite proof that Yggdra art style = MEGA CUTE!

ep 1
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 01:52   Link #51
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

The anime reminds me of Hidamari Sketch - I'll be watching it

The ED was quite unexpected lol

Episode 1 Screenshots
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 02:21   Link #52
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I just got through with a re-watch of Sunshine Sketch and Sunshine Sketch X 365. Partially as a strange way of celebrating the airing of this anime. I even re-watched Sketchbook recently.

In any case, the color rangers are awesome. Especially Manipulation Monochrome. Heh, it's kind of fun to use memory of what I've read from the manga to understand the first episode a bit better.

Just for the heck of it, avatars of Oomichi Miyabi! Including ones of Manipulation Monochrome! Yeah, this is definitely going to be one of those series I just have to make avatars for. Not that I've been that active about showing them off here. Still just for the sake of Miyabi, I had to do so this time.

Old 2009-07-08, 09:08   Link #53
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Heh.
Spoiler for Oomichi Miyabi:

My only problem with her in the manga was the HURR DURR, BLACK LIKE MY SOUL trash they tried to feed me. Last chapter in the volume kinda made up for it.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 10:28   Link #54
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ From that description it makes her sound emo
Well she sure isn't like that here, yet. Not that I mind since I find her silent and smooth personality quite hilarious. *splat*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 10:56   Link #55
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Granted, Oomichi isn't particularly a new trope (aka AzuDa Sasaki with a mind-wiki edge) but she is a hilarious little character with her "no one's watching me" moments and vaguely Wednesday Addams-like manner.

So to just get it out of the way if naysayers jump on the series -- no, there's nothing particularly "new" here if one were describing the show but its execution of bizarre perkiness and the Mahoraba-ish puni artstyle is quite entertaining. Liking the manga quite a lot but still waiting for someone to sub it I'll give it a few more days and then grab a raw if none appear.
Old 2009-07-09, 16:54   Link #56
Midonin
Last Engage

This technically predates the anime, but an amusing fan video.

GA meets "Mebae Drive"
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 17:10   Link #57
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

It has comedy, great character designs!

This is what K-On should have been!

haruka Tomatsu FTW!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 21:45   Link #58
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
It has comedy, great character designs!

This is what K-On should have been!

haruka Tomatsu FTW!
Well, they all "live" in the same magazine, so yeah, this just screams crossover. From what I see, it's Hidamari Sketch on crack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
The VAs were pretty much 1:1 as I imagined them to be. Like the rest of you guys, I was a little surprised with who they actually cast for the roles. I especially like Miyuki Sawashiro for Tomokane. I was expecting to hear Serizawa, but she manages to make herself sound even more boyish that's it's scary. From now on, I will have to frequently remind myself that Tomokane is a girl.
With an ass like that, how can she be mistaken for a boy? I would really pity a boy with an ass which looks like that. It has a "Please slap me" sign pasted all over it.
Old 2009-07-10, 09:44   Link #59
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Finally snapped a raw.... since it seems no one is giving this series fansubbery love yet.

Noda-chan insanity complements Miyabi zen.
Old 2009-07-10, 10:06   Link #60
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Saw the RAW for episode one. Looks random and shallow to me.

Tags
manga time kirara, seinen, slice of life