AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-08-24, 21:04   Link #1261
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

The horror.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 21:10   Link #1262
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You know the real hilarious irony is that 'Index' would now be more slice of life than 'Railgun'
more ironic that Touma is the only protagonist of a manga that does not have the name on the title in this franchise?
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 22:32   Link #1263
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
You know the real hilarious irony is that 'Index' would now be more slice of life than 'Railgun'
I will complain the day that happens in the anime and not just a 4koma.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 22:40   Link #1264
Nanahara Taiki
Nero

I wonder what timeline will the manga took place, before his fight against Kihara Amata? After he joined GROUP? Or somewhere between Vol22 and NT1?
Nanahara Taiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 22:42   Link #1265
Miraluka
Banned

Remnant Arc would be a good start.

*Manga starts with a flying teleporter girl on the sky night*
Old 2013-08-24, 23:32   Link #1266
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Oh god, the artstyle for the Accelerator manga looks hideous! On the other hand, if I read correctly, Index has the style from a manga I'm already reading, awesome.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 00:50   Link #1267
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Okay guys... first of all. Just having a new manga is ridiculous. Don't criticize him for taking the time to write a new one. I mean I'm sure it'll have him meeting a lot of other characters that we know. We know Railgun and Index manga kind of do this, so... if we think about it, then we should realize he might meet other level 5's, it might go into the dark may project, it might cover a ton of things that we would want to see.

This is huge news. I don't see why you guys are minimizing it. I'm sure it'll be like the railgun manga. At the beginning people were talking about how it was a spinoff and because of that how unappealing it would be because it would have to fit into the plot... Now look at things... last months' chapter was so popular that people freaked out about it all over. I'm guessing a similar thing will happen. Kamachi can include any character he pretty much wants in the Accelerator manga.

The reason Accelerator is the best character IMO to write about is 1. because he is already an excellent character, 2. He doesn't have that much of his past fleshed out except random details... we don't even know his real name... we don't know anything about his parents... and he is probably the most important Index character other than Touma and Index in terms of influence on the story... All in all, any new information about him is the most world-building that we can get.

Kamachi's decision to have a manga about Accelerator is amazing because it gives him a chance especially with his recent introduction into the railgun anime to have his own manga where he can star. We might even see an Accelerator anime one day, how amazing would that be.

The Accelerator manga might be an off and off thing or something like that especially considering how much Kamachi is already doing. On the other hand, Kamachi has already been described as a prolific writer, being able to produce tons of written work in one day consistently. So most likely he has a lot of extra ideas that he can't fit into just his light novels and his manga. Think about it this way. People complain when Accelerator isn't in a light novel, people complain when characters don't have enough space in the action. However, I actually think that this happens because Kamachi's ideas can't fit in the available space. He probably already has a ton of spare ideas that he wants for the next part of the series and other ideas he hasn't been able to put in yet. He clearly loves writing this series a lot and so it isn't actually "work" for him, but more like fun...

Anyway, this Accelerator manga should animate for the first time (or at least sketch) some of the darkness of Academy city because he is in regular contact with them... and otherwise we get to see about his normal life... it would be very interesting life to see as he tries to live a life away from the darkness...

I actually find this manga to be as good as Railgun manga especially since Accelerator's my second favorite character and Mikoto's only my third... But... anyway. Any actual real character development or world building in Acceleraildex is amazing because it gives us a lot more additions to the story. Each manga probably can have the main protagonists meet with a lot of interesting characters. So this way, I think that it'll be fine if we just focus on those three characters IMO. Anyway, I'm really excited by this news.

The only thing better than this manga would be the following: A manga of Aleister Crowley
at first i was nervous about the accelerator manga because of the fact that i think it might damage the fanbase a bit moresince look at railgun now because there are allot of railgun only fans, but now...... im incredibly exited after reading what your typed since your right, we hardly know about accelerator besides a few random details and he does ties as my favorite male character with touma. i don't think we have to worry about index having a more mest up fanbase because accelerator already has the 2nd most screen time in index and plus because he gets allot of screen time like hamzura so i doubt people who follow this series for accelerator only well drop this series(plus they already came this far, why drop off when you know everything is getting better as well?).
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 07:45   Link #1268
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Oh god, the artstyle for the Accelerator manga looks hideous! On the other hand, if I read correctly, Index has the style from a manga I'm already reading, awesome.
this is normal in the beginning, when the Index manga began publishing it had a drawing very amateurish, but in a few years it had a absurd evolution .
Spoiler for comparison of trace:

You can take the example of Railgun too.

Last edited by Acer; 2013-08-25 at 07:57.
Old 2013-08-25, 07:55   Link #1269
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kazuma Kamachi - Helping new artist grow through sheer workload practice

Quote:
- One would suddenly receive proposals for new characters for the new book and the next one.
- While it was thought that he would be calmed when the animation started, he kepted his usual pace while sending change proposals to the animators.
- All illustrators and manga artists experienced fainting.
- Because he was told "there is nothing much", the mangaka would meet Kamachi, and five minutes later would returned stuffed with drafts.
- "If I don't meet him as much as possible, there would be no increase in work" is a misguided thought: Plans for new characters would be sent by delivery to the homes of the illustrators.
- Even while making new characters, he is able to propose new fashion or facts of the regular characters.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 09:15   Link #1270
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

[Reads yesterday's post]

Pause.

[Rummages through his drawer for you-know-what]

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 16:39   Link #1271
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Kazuma Kamachi - Helping new artist grow through sheer workload practice

- One would suddenly receive proposals for new characters for the new book and the next one.
- While it was thought that he would be calmed when the animation started, he kepted his usual pace while sending change proposals to the animators.
- All illustrators and manga artists experienced fainting.
- Because he was told "there is nothing much", the mangaka would meet Kamachi, and five minutes later would returned stuffed with drafts.
- "If I don't meet him as much as possible, there would be no increase in work" is a misguided thought: Plans for new characters would be sent by delivery to the homes of the illustrators.
- Even while making new characters, he is able to propose new fashion or facts of the regular characters.

Wait... Is this actually true? That's ridiculous I can't actually believe it lol...

Wow... I thought you guys were joking. Or are you joking... ?

BTW Acer... I didn't realize the Index manga got THAT much better. That was a pretty dramatic change like you said IMO.

And you're chou right... It's pretty ironic Touma's the only character who does not have his name appear in the title of any of the works especially since he's kind of like the most important character in the entire Acceleraildex-Nichijou universe.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 17:10   Link #1272
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
this is normal in the beginning, when the Index manga began publishing it had a drawing very amateurish, but in a few years it had a absurd evolution .
Spoiler for comparison of trace:

You can take the example of Railgun too.
It looks like he adapted Haimura's style a bit more. I like it.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 17:16   Link #1273
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Wait... Is this actually true? That's ridiculous I can't actually believe it lol...

Wow... I thought you guys were joking. Or are you joking... ?
It's a list of official-unofficial set of urban myths regarding Kamachi by the people working with him
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 18:07   Link #1274
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
It's a list of official-unofficial set of urban myths regarding Kamachi by the people working with him
Do you know which ones are known to be true for sure (if any) ?
Old 2013-08-25, 18:09   Link #1275
Acer
Death to the infidels!

My fear is that someone dies.
Old 2013-08-25, 20:47   Link #1276
R.LocK
My turn

Poor Miki.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 08:02   Link #1277
Miraluka
Banned

For once, he deserves it...
Old 2013-08-26, 10:29   Link #1278
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
For once, he deserves it...
Why is that...?
Old 2013-08-26, 14:51   Link #1279
Acer
Death to the infidels!

news came in :http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-his-own-manga

This year's October issue of ASCII Media Works' Monthly Comic Dengeki Daioh magazine, which shipped on Tuesday in Japan, announced that Toaru Majutsu no Index character Accelerator will star in a new manga series, Toaru Majutsu no Index Gaiden: Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator (A Certain Magical Index Side-Story: A Certain Scientific Accelerator). The manga will begin in next year's February issue of Dengeki Daioh, which ships on December 27. Newcomer Arata Yamaji will write and draw the side story.
Old 2013-08-26, 15:54   Link #1280
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Holy crap I've been avoiding this thread to avoid movie spoilers (cause of that manga) and I had no freaking idea that I missed something this awesome. I am literally about to have a heart attack from pure joy and anticipation. Do you have any idea how long I've wanted an Accelerator side-story for? I've longed for this ever since I watched episodes 19 and 20 of Index I like five years ago now. I'm so impossibly psyched.

I guess we'll have to go back to calling the series the "To Aru" series instead of Raildex

Tags
fantasy, shounen