AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-02-10, 10:36   Link #21
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
OK...um...needs more tweaking...>.>;;

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 12:06   Link #22
Headspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213
Sorry, but looks like you really didn't go through my post, didn't you?

I just can't read a story that starts out of nowhere. If you think that I'm just a bastard flaming you, believe what you want since I'm trying to help here.

I thought you got better a bit and went back to the drawing board.

Looks like you didn't.

Only thing I can say is that plan out your plots first. Writing it head first is never a good idea.

My DVF? It took five-month plot planning and I'm still changing stuff about who to kill off and how I should end each season.

If you want your fanfiction to be a groundbreaker, even though its your first one, go back and plan it out.

Also, read some novels written by famous novelists. If they have a good repuation or has a writing style that perks your eyes, then go for those books and create your own writing style.

Just one more thing. I can't help but to say that you have a horrible writing style. And try to make a better detailed action scenes as well. For mine, I had watched several action movies, Armored Core Series intro movies (a game that has a kick-ass action intro scenes) and, believe it or not, Final Fantasy games.

If you have anything to ask, just post it here along with your next chapter, if you want to, of course. I'd like to tell how I could help other people who wants to be a fanfiction writer from scratch.

I can't help but to laugh as well as be serious when reading this post. Everything you said here pretty much wraps up of what I think about this story. That and many of the charecters are children of past SEED hero's. Not that i think that idea is a bad one just that there are too many of them for my taste.
Headspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 12:51   Link #23
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headspace
I can't help but to laugh as well as be serious when reading this post. Everything you said here pretty much wraps up of what I think about this story. That and many of the charecters are children of past SEED hero's. Not that i think that idea is a bad one just that there are too many of them for my taste.
Soooo... was that a compliment?

Anyway, I have to agree with the character numbers being too many. Of course, the character numbers were larger in SEED and DESTINY but most of them were support/filler characters, meaning that they really weren't significant.

See, Dark here has TWELVE main characters that s/he must cover almost in every chapter. And for my taste, that's way too many significant, or main, characters to cover at the same bloody time.

Dark, another advice. You might want to keep the character numbers really short. I only cover four characters in my fanfiction for now and I intend to keep it that way for a while.

One last thing. I know that almost all the characters are children of paring couples, like Lalia being the child of Kira and Lacus. Somehow, I don't see this as an original idea. I haven't seen a fanfiction in the FF.Net so far, but it just doesn't feel like that the idea of the next-gen children fighting in a war like their parents did too original.

If this is discouraging you, I'm sorry. I never intend for any kind of discouragement.

@Everyone: BTW, could everyone call me Knighty? If you are lazy enough to type only seven characters instead of thirteen, or just want to, you can, alright?

EDIT:@Headspace: I was being sarcastic where it was a compliment or not. I knew you were.

Last edited by Knightmare213; 2006-02-11 at 13:33.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 13:08   Link #24
Headspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213
Soooo... was that a compliment?
Yeah i was agreeing with you. You couldn't tell?
Headspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 01:30   Link #25
[DarkazurESky]

thx ppl. Disregard any info. I will reframe my works so will have good fanfic for ppl to enjoy. I will just have three main and some supports.
[DarkazurESky] is offline   Reply With Quote