AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-08-17, 14:42   Link #341
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk37 View Post
This makes alot of sense. We don't know the reason for her removing the ring but I'm not going to assume. Naturally, the first thought that comes to mind is that she's done with him.

I'm disappointed with how they panned out in GS Destiny. What real reason do they have for not being together? Apart from responsibilities - where marrying Yuna came in and from not being there for each other because they were fighting a war?

The hug between them and the comment Athrun made after not seeing the ring on her should indicate that things will be alright between them but as everything was left unanswered, we can only presume.
However, in the ending of TV Movie 4, Athrun wore an Orb Admiral uniform, meaning that he might be reunited with Cagalli in Orb.
Old 2013-08-17, 14:57   Link #342
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Or Zaft kicked him out for good, seeing how he has a habit of defecting .. alot.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 15:45   Link #343
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Not to mention his other habit of trashing every MS he gets. I bet insurance wasn't paying anymore and that's why he got booted.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 15:47   Link #344
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Hell, he can't even steal one without wrecking it. That ZAKU at the start, that GOUF he absconded Meyrin with...
Old 2013-08-17, 17:42   Link #345
Aquaman OS

Considering Zaft let Kira sign up with them, who has never been anything but an enemy to them, I doubt letting Athrun back in again would have been a problem.

Athrun likely just didn't want to. He wanted to remain in Orb, either because of Cagalli, or just because most of the critical TSA people went to Zaft so it would be better to stay in Orb.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 18:05   Link #346
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Athrun and Cagalli is cannon....

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-08-17 at 18:31.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 18:23   Link #347
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Considering Zaft let Kira sign up with them, who has never been anything but an enemy to them, I doubt letting Athrun back in again would have been a problem.

Athrun likely just didn't want to. He wanted to remain in Orb, either because of Cagalli, or just because most of the critical TSA people went to Zaft so it would be better to stay in Orb.
well to be fair Kira was a buy one get one deal. There's no way they would've gotten Lacus without getting him as well. Doubt they would've said no to having the best pilot in the CE universe on their side anyways. sure beats having to fight him themselves. There's definitely a reliability issue with them towards Athrun though.
Old 2013-08-19, 04:47   Link #348
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Athrun and Cagalli is cannon....
No, the ending(s) leave it quite open for debate, seeing how Cagallli picked her duties above Athrun earlier in the show and he walked off with Meyrin in the F+

Athrun was working in Orb at the start of Destiny, one can assume he has a military position after the war was over, Cagalli being irrelevant of that, If anything, he could be with the AA's crew, taking Kira's old spot

Quote:

Well, now, Kira never defected from Zaft before, so, you know, benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Hell, he can't even steal one without wrecking it. That ZAKU at the start, that GOUF he absconded Meyrin with...
Man, Athrun really is a player, he has a Harem of girls he tosses away like he trashes his mobile suits, lol
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 06:02   Link #349
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
No, the ending(s) leave it quite open for debate, seeing how Cagallli picked her duties above Athrun earlier in the show and he walked off with Meyrin in the F+
Sure Cagalli might as well take care of post war Orb first.... but then, when it's ok already... nothing's stopping them... As if it takes forever to rehabilitate Orb.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 19:46   Link #350
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
well to be fair Kira was a buy one get one deal. There's no way they would've gotten Lacus without getting him as well. Doubt they would've said no to having the best pilot in the CE universe on their side anyways. sure beats having to fight him themselves. There's definitely a reliability issue with them towards Athrun though.
On that note, would anyone care to explain to me why Kira joined ZAFT? Couldn't he be simply Lacus' bodyguard, if that's what he went with her for? I'm pretty sure I remember him not liking to fight, which makes his enlistment all the weirder.
(And why the heck was he wearing a Commander's uniform? Where I live, even the most skilled need to earn their rank first.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Indeed. Although she isn't glued to Athrun's shoulder like Lacus is to Kira's, which makes me think this is more of a one-sided attraction on Meyrin's part, seeing how she's following him like a lost puppy.

Quote:
Athrun was working in Orb at the start of Destiny, one can assume he has a military position after the war was over, Cagalli being irrelevant of that, If anything, he could be with the AA's crew, taking Kira's old spot.
While it may be his job that brings him back to Orb in this case, one should consider what his original reason for even getting a job there was. True, he would have had trouble going back to PLANTs as he was branded a traitor and his best friend had gone to Orb, so going there himself made sense. But it sure wasn't out of necessity that he became Cagalli's bodyguard, practically sticking to her 24/7.
The fact that they were shown to have developed a far more intimate relationship than what was necessary job-wise and the fact that he freaking proposed to her are proof enough that those two like each other. Not because of the war or to pair the spares but because they genuinely like each other. So the odds that those two reconcile once things settle once more are quite high (if there even was an argument).

Unless the writer decides to pull another random fiancé out of nowhere.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 19:57   Link #351
Kurohane

To me, Atrhun and Cagalli never broke up. Sure, during Destiny, their relationship had problems, but they held out through the difficult times. Just because Cagalli took off the ring near the end doesn't mean she doesn't want to be with him anymore. In likely hood, she discovered she wasn't ready to be engaged to him, and decided to take things more slowly, especially since Orb was in a state of recovery, and she wouldn't have that much time to put into the relationship. As Atrun said, they follow the same path. As long as they do, they have all the time they'll need to get their relationship back in order.
Old 2013-08-19, 20:02   Link #352
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
On that note, would anyone care to explain to me why Kira joined ZAFT? Couldn't he be simply Lacus' bodyguard, if that's what he went with her for? I'm pretty sure I remember him not liking to fight, which makes his enlistment all the weirder.
(And why the heck was he wearing a Commander's uniform? Where I live, even the most skilled need to earn their rank first.)
Kira wouldn't be able to do much outside of a mobile suit if he didn't have a rank. Although I don't really see him as someone that orders people around, possibly to their deaths. He's never had to do anything like that.

Imo, if he's not a pilot, he's a techie or an engineer.

P.S. I prefer Meyrin because she has child rearing hips and no personal baggage. What's more, Cagalli needs a stud, someone to mind her body, heart, and soul. Obviously Athrun is not content to do that.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 20:20   Link #353
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Since he resolved to fight to protect the peace, and that's why he rejected the Destiny Plan, that means he gave up his previous stance of "Only fight if Lacus/Cagalli/Orb is in trouble" in favor of becoming an active peacekeeper. Thus he'd be active in Zaft, rather than just hanging around Lacus all day.

That was their development, and price they paid for rejected the Destiny Plan. Instead of taking it easy which Malcio they had to step out in the world stage.

As for Kira's white coat, that's because he's a commander. Zaft doesn't have formal ranks like the EA and Orb do. Just the commmander, vice commander and the mobile suit squad leader and so forth. Kira was put in command, so he's the white coat.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 19:23   Link #354
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
As for Kira's white coat, that's because he's a commander. Zaft doesn't have formal ranks like the EA and Orb do. Just the commmander, vice commander and the mobile suit squad leader and so forth. Kira was put in command, so he's the white coat.
Which has to make operating in the field an amazing pain. Always wondered about that...

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 01:56   Link #355
Admiral Larsen

Quote:
Since he resolved to fight to protect the peace, and that's why he rejected the Destiny Plan, that means he gave up his previous stance of "Only fight if Lacus/Cagalli/Orb is in trouble" in favor of becoming an active peacekeeper. Thus he'd be active in Zaft, rather than just hanging around Lacus all day.

That was their development, and price they paid for rejected the Destiny Plan. Instead of taking it easy which Malcio they had to step out in the world stage.

And a bad development it was for those two as they should have been the ones attempting to maintain the peace, particularly Lacus as the chaos of SEED Destiny was the result of the death and destruction of their war. As the old saying goes, they broke it, they bought it and now its their problem.

As as for Athrun and Cagalli, they should not get back together. They're too different. Cagalli will always be torn by her duty to her country (which at times seems like a lifetime commitment and will be haunted by the fact that she should have stepped up the plate much earlier.) Meanwhile Athrun will always be haunted by the legacy of his father and will also sometimes feel the need to support his former home. It's really a sad shame on how this worked out for this was one of the few things that on the outside seems to get right in SEED (if one discounts the developments between Kira and Cagalli (before they found their true relation to each other).
Admiral Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 02:27   Link #356
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Larsen View Post
And a bad development it was for those two as they should have been the ones attempting to maintain the peace, particularly Lacus as the chaos of SEED Destiny was the result of the death and destruction of their war. As the old saying goes, they broke it, they bought it and now its their problem.
Uh, what? the war in SEED was started by Blue Cosmos and the war in Destiny was started by LOGOS (with the Zala supporters dropping the remain of Junius 7 as catalysts).
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 02:39   Link #357
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually, the war in Destiny seems to have been started jointly by Durandal and LOGOS both--it's heavily implied that Durandal basically let them in to steal the Second Stage mobile suits. Durandal had a mole in LOGOS, one Matias Adukurf... whose sister, Matisse Adukurf, just so happened to be in charge of the Break The World operation. Pretty damn suspect.
Old 2013-09-19, 16:41   Link #358
Washu-Chan