when I click play... It said to insert the correct cd... but it's the game disk
What should I do?
I install two games now but none of them work
Please help...
Old 2007-09-05, 06:09   Link #2
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Do yaoi games work? *just kidding*

Try mounting CD images to see if there's any difference.
If they're Japanese on a non-Japanese windows it's to be expected.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 06:13   Link #3
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
Do yaoi games work? *just kidding*

Try mounting CD images to see if there's any difference.
If they're Japanese on a non-Japanese windows it's to be expected.
try using applocale(if it doesnt work change you lang setting to japanese) with deamon tools
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 06:17   Link #4
Syaoran
Inactive Member

I once installed a Japanese Windows 2000 with QEMU and recently with Virtual Box under Linux (Windows versions also exist).
That solved a lot of trouble :3

But... it's kinda hard to work with a Japanese OS >_>
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 06:36   Link #5
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

It's an english game I think... I wonder if its allowed to say the title of the games...
Heart de roommate and the other one a g-collection game
I don't know how to mount... Im using windows xp.... Ive installed the daemon tools..
Old 2007-09-05, 06:42   Link #6
Thingle
Banned

Try double checking your age. Seriously, maybe your OS is not set to support those east asian language packs. You can turn those on in the control panel.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 06:52   Link #7
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

how? seriously? step by step please? Im completely confused?
Old 2007-09-05, 07:36   Link #8
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Control Panel -> Regional & Language Settings -> Languages Tab -> Mark Install Files for East Asian Languages -> Click Apply.

It should ask for your Windows installation CD. Put it in and it should install it just fine. If it doesn't work, then it might not be a problem with language settings but an Image/DVD issue. You said they were in english, after all right?

Open Daemon Tools, right click it's icon on your tray area ( around where your clock is located ) and choose to Mout an Image. If that option isn't available, you'll need to create a virtual drive with Daemon, which isn't hard to do. Just use the same menu and play around with it. After that, mount the CD image ( .iso, .mdf and such ) and see if it plays.

Sometimes, games you installed from CD images won't work even if you put a CD with that particular image in your CD/DVD drive. To go around that, you'll need to mount it using either Alcohol120% or Daemon. Or, of course, getting a no-dvd/no-cd patch. But depending on the game, they might not be available.

Good luck.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 08:12   Link #9
cyth
Banned

You guys make it sound like eroge is available only on cd images. How about purchasing the actual games instead?

As for switching to Japanese locale you don't need to with Heart de Roommate or "that other G-Collections game".
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 08:30   Link #10
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
You guys make it sound like eroge is available only on cd images. How about purchasing the actual games instead?
And you make it sound like someone actually does that!

Just kidding, obviously. Anyway, he didn't give us much information on what he's doing, so I guess we're really just throwing in random solutions for the most common problems we have. It took me a while to figure out how to play a game I got quite a while back, and it wasn't until I learned about Applocale that I got it to work.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 15:41   Link #11
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
I installed the game in the install disk
Then when it said insert the game disk I inserted it but
when I click play... It said to insert the correct cd... but it's the game disk
He's using a physical disc, so the question would then become whether he burned them himself or whether they're the legit discs. And the forum doesn't endorse us helping him if it's a case of the former, so don't bother answering.

Is it an English-language version of the game, or a Japanese-language version? If it's Japanese, do the steps that Zero Shinohara mentioned to install Japanese, but perform an additional step: in the Regional and Language Settings, go to the Advanced Tab and select Japanese as the language for non-Unicode programs (it's in the top-most section called "Language for non-Unicode programs" - ignore the code page conversion tables). Note that doing this may mess up some default fonts on a few programs, and your backslashes will look like yen symbols to you under most fonts (others will still see them as backslashes though).

The alternative, as others mentioned, is to use Applocale with the Japanese language setting on specific programs only. However, if Windows isn't able to read a physical disc properly (likely due to Japanese characters in the filename), then you have no choice but to set non-Unicode support at the OS level, and not just the application level.
Old 2007-09-06, 06:46   Link #12
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Alright I'm gonna clear this up once and for all.

Heart de roommate requires that the game disc (not the install disc) to be inserted since it contains all the background music (shove the disc into a standard CD player and play from track 2 and you'll see what I mean) the other thing is that most g-collections games (the 5 ex virtualmate games don't have this) require a disc to be inserted either for content (audio and movies that aren't/can't be installed) and/or to confirm that you still have the CD you installed it from.

Edit: what I suggest you do is insert the correct disc before you start the game and if that doesn't work then you can try asking on the peach princess BBS (which does cover g-collections as well before anyone says anything)

Last edited by demonix; 2007-09-06 at 06:50. Reason: Added extra info
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 07:56   Link #13
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Ive already inserted the game disk... and I saw the game teaser menu but when I clicked play it says... please insert the correct cd and restart application... It's not japanese and it says... English version... My problem is I cant start it and only the game teaser menus are functional..... and how do you play your games... I think my last resort is to copy the game disk and use the "mounting" system... but it doesn't start at all...
How do you play ur games....? Sorry for bothering but I really need help....!!!
Old 2007-09-08, 06:05   Link #14
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
I don't use the teaser menu to start the game I always run the game direct so I can suggest that if you haven't got a shortcut for the game on your desktop then goto where you installed the game and then send a copy of the executable to the desktop (using send to->desktop (create shortcut) option) then insert the necessary disc, close the menu that comes up and run the game from the shortcut.
Also as I've said before the game disc for heart de roommate contains all the background audio for the game so one other way to test it is to place the game disc (not the install disc) into a standard CD player and play from track 2 (if there's a track 2 there) and if it plays like it should then it's not the disc that's at fault (for that past that is).
(just for an extra note the teaser menu on the 2 disc games should tell you what disc you have inserted so if it states game disc in the menu then you've got the correct disc inserted but if you have the game disc inserted and it shows as the install disc then it's most likely you've got a bad set)
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote