AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-20, 00:03   Link #241
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Meh, what can we say? We're Chal fans until the end! >D
Old 2011-03-20, 00:07   Link #242
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
(at least now I have Laura to myself...)
wha-? I object!

[Laura luv mode ON]

Laura's mine, mine only! I'm the only one who can give her enough love, don't make me start spamming the image-thread with Laura pics, ok?

[/Laura luv mode OFF]
Old 2011-03-20, 01:45   Link #243
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

A RL Charlotte would be a dangerous thing to behold. You won't even be able to look at her directly without the proper eye equipment...

...hold on...

My body...my body is ready...

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2011-03-20 at 02:03.
Old 2011-03-20, 06:16   Link #244
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Even without "Anime Reality" that makes all girls look good regardless if they actually are within its given context, Charlotte was described by Ran in the light novel as looking like a model with beautiful blond hair, an angelic aura and an extra silky touch to the point where Ran's internal monologue denounces the existence of God - no seriously.

Spoiler for Volume 6 - Chapter 2 (Baka-Tsuki Translation):
Well, technically the translation uses a double negative and it's probably all just a figure of speech, as such, I would strongly discourage using the existence of Charlotte Dunoa in a serious theological debate to prove or disprove one or more supernatural deities - but if anyone did, it would be freaken' awesome.
Old 2011-03-20, 12:30   Link #245
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

^ lol, ooook. xDD;;

But yeah, Chal in RL would be too awesome to behold. Just imagine how many guys would be after her. xD;; She´d probably be the most popular girl. Not the stuck up kind, but the one that gained her admirers through kindness. xD
Old 2011-03-20, 22:49   Link #246
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Funny thing:

Currently forum posts go like this:

Houki: 66 posts
Cecilia: 67 posts
Rin: 45 posts
Laura: 67 posts
Chal: 231 posts

Now, Add Houki´s, Cecilia´s, Rin's and Laura´s: 245.

Chal: 231 posts Other girls all combined together: 245

We're like 14 post to tying and then just one more to surpassing them. Pfft, Chal is so totally the runaway favorite. <3
Doesn't surprise me at all. In a recent Japanese poll (favourite girl), there were about 50% votes for Chal alone
btw, post #246, so one above 50%

Quote:
lol although I do doubt that there´s girls like Chal out there. I mean, seriously. I´m female and none of my female friends are like that. Nor cousins, classmates or any other girls. Let´s face it, a RL Chal is just too good to be true. xD;;
I don't know any girls who are like Chal either... sad, but it seems indeed too good to be true

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
A RL Charlotte would be a dangerous thing to behold. You won't even be able to look at her directly without the proper eye equipment...

...hold on...

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2339/caruso.gif

I'll just rely on my Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses
Quote:
Designed to help you develop a relaxed attitude to danger. At the first hint of trouble they turn totally black thus preventing the wearer from seeing anything that might alarm them. Appeared in episode 3 of the TV series and in chapter 5 and 6 of the novel The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
Old 2011-03-20, 23:31   Link #247
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

lmao, will you guys still continue to like Chal even after IS ends? I know I will, maybe not as much as now (as in being her self proclaimed #1 fan) but whenever I rank my fave charas, she´ll definitely be in the top 3. xD
Old 2011-03-20, 23:50   Link #248
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
lmao, will you guys still continue to like Chal even after IS ends? I know I will, maybe not as much as now (as in being her self proclaimed #1 fan) but whenever I rank my fave charas, she´ll definitely be in the top 3. xD
It depends on how the series will end

Who knows, they might screw her character and nothing we can do abt it
Old 2011-03-21, 00:08   Link #249
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

True, true.

I've been reading the LN translations and there´s one thing that´s got me mad. Chal´s love attack strategy is becoming too mellow! D: She needs to put more force into it, be more aggresive in her pursue for Ichika´s heart. T.T

Although being aggresive probably doesn´t suit here personality....
Old 2011-03-21, 03:18   Link #250
indr0008
Physicist

Quote:
I'm a huge Charlotte fan. xDD And an even bigger Ichika x Charlotte supporter.

BTW, I found this:

Spoiler:

Charlotte won more than half of the votes. 8D...I'm happy, even though I don't know what the poll is about. Can someone please translate it? xD;;
Do you have the newest version of this poll?

Laura cant be that low
Old 2011-03-21, 03:54   Link #251
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Quote:
True, true.

I've been reading the LN translations and there´s one thing that´s got me mad. Chal´s love attack strategy is becoming too mellow! D: She needs to put more force into it, be more aggressive in her pursue for Ichika´s heart. T.T

Although being aggressive probably doesn't suit here personality....
I'm not sure if it's because we can actually hear her internal monologue in the LN, but she does seem to have been getting a little bit timid in her pursuit of love in a cute but rather indecisive sort of way as of late which does worry me, because I love the confident and self-aware Charlotte the most. The fact that Charlotte is so friendly to everyone including the other girls (Even Ran) also makes it hard for her to pursue any aggressive attack plans for Ichika love without trampling on people's feelings. She is also actively cheering Laura on in her own quest for Ichika love, which you could say is a massive conflict of interest, although very Charlotte like in her usual way.

Personally though, I'm not actually a big fan of aggressive relationship pursuits. I would prefer for Charlotte to focus on developing her IS piloting skills and relationship with the rest of the cast over her love relationship with Ichika and become the hunted instead of the hunter, so to speak. There's just something a little more attractive about girls who are only slightly interested ^_^.

Quote:
I hope she gets more love in the LN, but as far as the anime goes, she's definitely in my top 3 favorite anime girls of all time and will probably stay there for a very, very long time. The only other anime girl I've liked this much was Shiika Anmoto of Mushi-Uta, incidentally voiced by the exact same CV as Charlotte... imagine that. I liked her so much that I made it a goal in life to watch EVERYTHING that Kana Hanazawa does a voice in, which is how I ended up watching Infinite Stratos actually. However, unlike Infinite Stratos, Mushi-Uta was rather obscure and it's second season got an abortion, so it was a very, very lonely time to be a Shiika fan. So here's where irony comes in, I created this animesuki account because I was a Shiika fan, but I never actually used it until 4 years later when I became a Charlotte fan.

Last edited by Shiikamayo; 2011-03-21 at 04:08.
Old 2011-03-21, 15:15   Link #252
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

@ Indr0: Nope, I don´t have a more recent version. I´ve been looking for it non-stop but I still can´t find it anywhere.

@ Shiika: So true, her love attack has become kind of indecisive as of late. Its like she´s becoming this totally shy, timid girl that would be happy with just being near the guy she likes. :S She´s being way too considerate of the other girls, specially Laura and Ran. :< I understand that Laura is her bff and that she wants her to be happy, but come on Chal! You gotta pursue Ichika´s love too! D: And the whole interaction with Ran, when they went to get Ichika a watch, if I were in Chal´s shoes, I definitely wouldn´t have invited Ran to help me choose the watch of the guy I like. It would be like totally admitting defeat in front of her, or saying: "Oh hey, I like him too but its ok if you take him away from me, I don´t mind" DDD:

If any of the other heroines had been in Chal´s situation:

Houki: Would have punched Ichika after inviting Ran along and then stalked off by herself...or...would have gone along with it but would be constantly competing with Ran to show her that she´s at the lead.

Cecilia: Pretty much the second option that Houki has.

Rin: Would break out in a tsundere-ish way and try to make Ran back off.

Laura: Would most probably just ignore Ran or....try for an attack, although kind of subtle.

That´s my opinion anyways. xD;; But I still prefer 200x more the Ichika x Chal ship than any other ship. xD
Old 2011-03-21, 18:00   Link #253
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Meh, what can we say? We're Chal fans until the end! >D
Indeed! She's just too kawaii~ X3

Quote:
I'm a huge Charlotte fan. xDD And an even bigger Ichika x Charlotte supporter.

BTW, I found this:

Spoiler:

Charlotte won more than half of the votes. 8D...I'm happy, even though I don't know what the poll is about. Can someone please translate it? xD;;

Amazing. But I agree, Laura shouldn't be that low. XD Char on the other hand.. That was less than I expected, but none the less, it proves she's amazing :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post

...hold on...

I think i'd die from the shear kawaii-ness. Blonde and violet eyes... *has a heart attack*

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-03-21 at 23:58. Reason: Let's be mindful of the multiple-posting when just editing your post is sufficent.
Old 2011-03-21, 18:27   Link #254
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
Do you have the newest version of this poll?

Laura cant be that low
http://research.news.livedoor.com/r/58396
3000+ votes later, and the rankings are relatively still the same. Looks like Laura stole 1% from Cecilia though.
Old 2011-03-21, 18:54   Link #255
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
3000+ votes later, and the rankings are relatively still the same. Looks like Laura stole 1% from Cecilia though.
Much appreciated OceanBlue! ^_^

I was looking for that everywhere so I could vote for Charlotte myself, ahaha, happy that you were able to hunt it down for us. ^_-

Quote:
I think i'd die from the shear kawaii-ness. Blonde and violet eyes
I've been wondering about this for a while, but "officially" Charlotte is suppose to have gray colored eyes in the light novel if I recall correctly... I think violet is much nicer though and gives her a slightly supernatural vibe so you aren't going to hear me complaining to the Infinite Stratos anime character designer anytime soon.
Old 2011-03-21, 19:00   Link #256
Sinta

I'm amazed that Charlotte is during so well. I mean she's ok, but I don't understand why shes that popular. (Not trying to be a troll, just curious as to what you all see in her)
Old 2011-03-21, 19:20   Link #257
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I think a better way to attest characters' popularity would be checking places like: pixiv, 2ch, moeren, and similar boards/forums...
from what I could see, Laura fanarts-pics material had an instant-boom from eps 8-9, so... and lots of recent "overseas" forum-polls also have Laura as 2nd-3rd favourite.
Even nyantype/megami scans were all about LauraxCharlotte...
Old 2011-03-21, 19:54   Link #258
indr0008
Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
I think a better way to attest characters' popularity would be checking places like: pixiv, 2ch, moeren, and similar boards/forums...
from what I could see, Laura fanarts-pics material had an instant-boom from eps 8-9, so... and lots of recent "overseas" forum-polls also have Laura as 2nd-3rd favourite.
This show called Infinite Stratos only needs Laura and Charlotte to survive :P

*runs from Houki fans

I'm looking forward to Tatenashi though
Old 2011-03-21, 19:55   Link #259
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
You can't deny 33k voters though. In my opinion, this has much more of a presence than "overseas" polls. That being said, I think the voting started before the Charlotte episode, so I'd imagine that a lot of the voters are light novel readers or everyone likes Charlotte's design. Not to mention that Cecilia is second behind Charlotte in Pixiv as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
I'm amazed that Charlotte is during so well. I mean she's ok, but I don't understand why shes that popular. (Not trying to be a troll, just curious as to what you all see in her)
Probably depends on personal opinion, but for me, it's that she's very sweet, somewhat genre savvy, and dere without the tsun [which is a really big deal for me in this anime especially]. She's just the right combination of a lot of good traits. Hanazawa Kana doesn't hurt either.
Old 2011-03-21, 20:02   Link #260
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

@Archangel: More votes? xDDD She already has a lot of fans if you ask me. Look at it this way. Normally animes have about two or three mains girls, now when in a poll, usually the most popular one comes out victorious with about a 30-40%, with just THREE GIRLS. Now, Go ahead and add two more...usually the winner would again come out victorious with about a 30% -35% or so. The fact that Chal has 54.4% means that she´s the #1 for more than half of the fanbase. Now, that just being #1...so, the rest of the 45.6% is divided among the other five girls. Meaning that a little less than half of the fanbase is divided between 4 girls.

But now consider this: About a little less than half of the fanbase has other Chara´s other than Chal as their fave. But I can give a guess from what I´ve seen, that at least about an 75-80 or so % of the remaining 45.6%, choose Chal as their second favorite.

And yeah...

Pretty popular eh?

EDIT: Did that make any sense?
Closed Thread

Tags
characters