AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-10, 22:49   Link #2061
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
It is crazy, but all OPs/EDs in anime always give out hints/clues. I'm just trying to see if I can pull any out..
Oh, I understand that. I just hope that they actually start having Shoko interact with L-Elf soon is all.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:53   Link #2062
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
What I got confused as well is if L-Elf either deduced or through intuitive inquiry came to the conclusion that there were more Valvrave aside from the other model DORSSIA attempted to hijack and retrieve?
How they even knew about the Valvrave in the first place ?
Maybe Dorssia already have number 2 or the doctor the teacher was talking about...
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:57   Link #2063
Irenesharda

Quote:

What I got confused as well is if L-Elf either deduced or through intuitive inquiry came to the conclusion that there were more Valvrave aside from the other model DORSSIA attempted to hijack and retrieve?
No, you could see he was surprised by what he found when he opened the doors. He didn't know they were there. He was probably snooping around the bowels of the module gaining intel, and of course finding a hideout where he could stay for a while and plan.

Also, does anyone know if the Dorssian emperor has a name yet? I know his seiyuu is Koyasu Takehiko, but has the character been named yet?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:59   Link #2064
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Personally, I see death flags for Shoko and Saki. At least when I take a look at some characters that are similar to them in a sense. Shoko being more like Haru and Shirley, while Saki being more like Flay and Kallen.

Kallen being a noteworthy example because she didn't die.
Old 2013-05-10, 23:05   Link #2065
battleengine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Personally, I see death flags for Shoko and Saki. At least when I take a look at some characters that are similar to them in a sense. Shoko being more like Haru and Shirley, while Saki being more like Flay and Kallen.
y death flag for saki
battleengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 23:11   Link #2066
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by battleengine View Post
y death flag for saki
Personally, I think her feelings for Haruto are gonna cause her to try and be more proactive in a sense. Both in trying to get his affection and by fighting by his side, be it as the pilot of the Greenrave or some other way. Said ways may involve her putting herself in risky situations that may end up getting her killed.

Sorry if that's a weak example
Old 2013-05-10, 23:12   Link #2067
Irenesharda

You know, I totally forgot about Guilty Crown until I went to take a look at what everyone was talking about. :P

But yeah, I remember that anime now. I remember I dropped it three episodes in.
I remember that the MC was sooooooo annoying that I couldn't take him any longer. And the boring pink-haired chick wasn't making it any better.

Maybe I'll give it another try, if just to fully compare it to Valvrave, but I can't make any promises.
But I already know that I like Valvrave 10x more.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 23:13   Link #2068
iCK

How do we get this to become its own sub forum?
This has 104 pages already and it only just aired episode 5 yesterday.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 23:14   Link #2069
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Speaking of Guilty Crown, if that series can get it's own sub forum then Valvrave should get one as well. We just need to keep this board active and keep the discussions going. Enough activity and it should work.
Old 2013-05-10, 23:29   Link #2070
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Something I want to raise about this show but only briefly.

I was checking upon the technical aspects for Valvrave at the Anime News Network website and to me something came as a surprise.

I found out that Katsura Hoshino is behind the original character designs for this show.

Really? I mean the Katsura Hoshino from D.Gray-man manga?

Sorry, if I brought this up when I should had at the time this thread began to open.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 23:42   Link #2071
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Yeah, she also did the artwork for the BD box set.
Old 2013-05-10, 23:49   Link #2072
LostSome

Quote:
I found out that Katsura Hoshino is behind the original character designs for this show.

Really? I mean the Katsura Hoshino from D.Gray-man manga?

Sorry, if I brought this up when I should had at the time this thread began to open.
Yeah, I made a comment after episode one that Hoshino can`t have a normal human MC for long.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 01:00   Link #2073
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Question is: Who will be the pilots of the other colors?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 01:08   Link #2074
vanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post

Kallen being a noteworthy example because she didn't die.
Though admittedly, Haru and Shirley were never marketed as main characters/heroines, while Flay and Kallen sure were. Kallen+CC. For Flay, heck before Seed start aired, all promo pics were indicated that she will be the only heroine, while Lacus images were so scarce and only labeled as "mysterious girl". And she really was, with Cagalli until about half of series, when Lacus finally appeared and sucked all popularity with her awesomeness

I like Shoko because she's nice, friendly, cheerful, active, hardworker, try her best to make everything around her better though she herself actually also scared and nervous (hence her grabbing skirt habit). Feels like I will want someone like her beside me when I'm down, she will try her best to mend and radiate optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Lol, you sound like my real life fujoshi friends, where their het ship is HarutoXShouko. Of course, I gotta put up with their HarutoXL-Elf goggles, but fortunately a couple of them prefer L-ElfXA-Drei. XD

Well I consider Haruto x Shouko a success het pairing then if they can attracted and approved by fujoshis (truly not an easy feat that).

They're very cute together, has nice chemistry. Their genuine love and care to each other since the start of story is refreshing. Quite rare in anime, despite childhood trope. I like Haruto's cruel venomous attitudes when he thought Shoko died; the relief, happiness, and strong will to return when he knows she was alive. I like that Shoko doesn't mind to scold Haruto to make him a better person like in 1st eps, also she even berates herself when she knew the reason why Haruto didn't pick up her call. All in all, I think they're a good combi, at least until now.

Last edited by vanca; 2013-05-11 at 01:44.
vanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 01:14   Link #2075
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Question is: Who will be the pilots of the other colors?
With the way how the fifth episode ended, I speculate that Saki, at least, will become one of the pilots.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 01:49   Link #2076
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I'm just glad we can have these discussions without a shipping war starting.
Old 2013-05-11, 01:54   Link #2077
Destined_Fate

Eh. We're still betting on which girl is gonna die as there are death flags everywhere. Though if the next episode is Saki revealing her relationship with Haruto than it might ignite a shipping war and if she runs into L-Elf at the end of the episode?

It will be a shipping war like never before!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 02:02   Link #2078
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Oh man, I thought Mikono vs Zessica was bad lol.

We don't need another war! It won't solve anything! *Quatre voice*

As for death lotteries, I got no problem with that. I'll put 5 down on Shoko and Saki each. 10 on the female teacher. I still don't know how much to bet on Raizo.
Old 2013-05-11, 02:06   Link #2079
Key Board
Carbon

I hope it doesn't end like Guilty Crown.

Shu wasn't exactly the most likable protagonist of the season, but man, did it suck being him at the ending.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 02:12   Link #2080
battleengine

saki will become the pilot so i dont think she will die
battleengine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire