AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-26, 07:27   Link #7901
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

He seems to be only getting new techniques and ways of using it. He doesn't really need any new ones anyway, just mastery over the current ones. In fact, getting too many would stump his growth in skill and character so I don't want to see him getting a new one at least sometimes soon. Maybe later once he's fully developed, but not now.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 07:47   Link #7902
Chris38

Personally, I think that Godou is going to receive the "White Sword" that Circe talked about, moments before she has "died".

It might not happen soon, but I think that's going to be the next major change to the skills that Godou has at his disposal.

Before that occurs, we will probably be getting the usual "power up" treatment that occurs in each volume ... in other word's, having Godou use some of the skills that he currently has at his disposal, in a slightly different way, compared to the events of the earlier volumes.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 12:52   Link #7903
Forkys

does anyone know to who pandora refers to when talking with Godou in volume 4 on the strongest steel?"No, that's not it. Leaving aside the other godslayers, Because you were born at the ends of the east, Specially I'm telling you this. On the island where Godou lives, sleeps the strongest" Steel ", so you have to Be careful, for the time being. Understand? "
Forkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 16:31   Link #7904
Kadi
知識の探求者

One of the beauties of Campione is in how you slowly get clues about that guy over the course of the next 10 volumes. After vol 14 we've seen a few great theories but still nothing conclusive. So keep reading and creating your own theories!
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 13:10   Link #7905
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

^ That's because it is presented as a Episodic/Serial hybrid-type series where it is episodic but with small things that connects each episodes of the story before finally welding all the arcs together. Incidentally, that kind of series type has roots in folktales so if it's deliberate, then I have to give applause to the Author. It would especially be interesting if it also follows the Hero's Journey story structure but just as it is, I believe that as it is it's already nice enough.

To be honest, what made me really love the series was the characters. They all have few, but very strong character traits. Once I examined them, all of them are nice and interesting. It was to the point that I don't have a single favorite character in the series because all of them are all interesting.

How about you guys?
Old 2013-07-28, 02:42   Link #7906
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
^ That's because it is presented as a Episodic/Serial hybrid-type series where it is episodic but with small things that connects each episodes of the story before finally welding all the arcs together. Incidentally, that kind of series type has roots in folktales so if it's deliberate, then I have to give applause to the Author. It would especially be interesting if it also follows the Hero's Journey story structure but just as it is, I believe that as it is it's already nice enough.

To be honest, what made me really love the series was the characters. They all have few, but very strong character traits. Once I examined them, all of them are nice and interesting. It was to the point that I don't have a single favorite character in the series because all of them are all interesting.

How about you guys?
I believe much about the series is intentional. Even Godou being an infuriating idiot of a dumbskull in the beginning.

As for falling in love with this series... I had many reasons. The haremettes are all likeable, Godou gets better, all important characters are continuously developed, it does away with and pokes fun at so many, many cliches, there's all those little details from earlier volumes that come up again (Godou "doing his usual morning run" in V12 was AMAZING)... Well, with the bases of "not infuriating" and "I don't feel dumb" covered, I think it's the details, getting away from the cliches and the rare, rare subtlety that draw me in the most. ...still three aspects, huh? This is difficult... *hopeless idiot here*
Old 2013-07-30, 23:23   Link #7907
haseo0408

For my part, what made love this series so much was all the characters, the unique personality of each of Godou´s wifes is awsome and their interactions with Godou go from really funny to almost unbearably cute; Godu himself has as much development as the girls which is really good, he goes from relucent idiot pacifist to almost capable warrior, Erica goes fromm arrogant to proper lver/wife and as time goes one you can see her tsundere side letting loose more often.

Then there is mythology, this series has a huge amount of all kinds of myths and legends and being a crazy reader of any kind of legends and different religions this story is my Holy Grail.

The other Kings are so different from each other as one could dream but all the same trait: they are crazy. From the first to the last have this thing that makes them so dangerous, forget the Divine Authorities, it´s that relentless crazy personality what makes the warriors they are.

I could go on forever.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 13:38   Link #7908
Forkys

He does not get a new authority for the 14 volume, although in almost every volume is fighting with one hetickým God. And when it is in volume 10 finally seems to finally also gets a new ability that suddenly reveals that it attributes to steal ... If only the author improve his physique by at least it will start to learn martial arts or fighting with a sword, but not everything has to be over and over again, first with the sword to destroy one's ability and then somehow miraculously defeats him. Due to the fact he is in ordinary life completely useless. If I were a heretic God then i would send against him an ordinary killer because he would be unable to survive. And how has the author plans to Godou fights against King of the steel when the king was able to kill off before all Campion. In times when everone knew how to fight with sword or magic. While if Godou did not have the authority, so he would be completely useless. And even those authorities have outrageous restrictions.
Forkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 16:49   Link #7909
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkys View Post
He does not get a new authority for the 14 volume, although in almost every volume is fighting with one hetickým God. And when it is in volume 10 finally seems to finally also gets a new ability that suddenly reveals that it attributes to steal ... If only the author improve his physique by at least it will start to learn martial arts or fighting with a sword, but not everything has to be over and over again, first with the sword to destroy one's ability and then somehow miraculously defeats him. Due to the fact he is in ordinary life completely useless. If I were a heretic God then i would send against him an ordinary killer because he would be unable to survive. And how has the author plans to Godou fights against King of the steel when the king was able to kill off before all Campion. In times when everone knew how to fight with sword or magic. While if Godou did not have the authority, so he would be completely useless. And even those authorities have outrageous restrictions.
Wow, look at how angry you are. You must have a lot of free time to read 14 volumes of something that seems to make you rage so much... if that's all you see, I wish you luck with your future endeavors in reading generic shounen stories. Bye!

Now, does someone have a new theory about the King of the End? We've had that discussion of "NEEDZ TO GO HUNTING GODZ FOR NEW AUTHORITIEZ TO GETZ POWERZZ ... to actually really get killed by the King of the End" often enough already.

P.S.: Nope, no information on V15 yet.
Old 2013-08-01, 18:37   Link #7910
Breimoon

it didn't seem like he was raging.....
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 01:04   Link #7911
J4n1

Not raging, just incoherent.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 06:07   Link #7912
Trung-t-rung

For my part, well, Campione is one of the first light novel series I've read. The first thing I like about it probably is the MC, Godou himself, he is not the usual weak harem male lead in an action oriented that let the girls do the jobs and himself just does nothing, or do some buffs on the sidelines. Godou is an actual fighter and do the main job while the girl do the supports.
The second things is about the harem, no one is left out and each one of them has their own charms.
The third is the fight, while he does rely a lot on Sword, he also has other tactics that makes the battle become more enjoyable.
The only thing I can complain about this novels is about the power levels of character. Even Gods in this series seem kind of weak compare to other Gods characters from others series. I'd prefer if they are at least city-busters or country-busters. The same can be said about Campiones
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 07:54   Link #7913
Yami no Ou
まおう

^what you said about Gods is really true,they're pretty weak if you think about it,however in the Campione verse if they would be city busters or country busters that would be a total disaster since no magic can restore the place to how it really was,imagine a country being destroyed suddenly what would people think of it? but oh well thats just one point and I love this series very much
Old 2013-08-02, 08:19   Link #7914
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
The only thing I can complain about this novels is about the power levels of character. Even Gods in this series seem kind of weak compare to other Gods characters from others series. I'd prefer if they are at least city-busters or country-busters. The same can be said about Campiones
To me, they are quite strong, just like in the myth. It's just they treat the world like their playing ground, do whatever they want and don't show off unnecessarily like doing world domination. Melquart or Athena can destroy a few cities at whim and Sungokong can turn the whole Japanese citizens into monkeys easily.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 09:54   Link #7915
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
For my part, well, Campione is one of the first light novel series I've read. The first thing I like about it probably is the MC, Godou himself, he is not the usual weak harem male lead in an action oriented that let the girls do the jobs and himself just does nothing, or do some buffs on the sidelines. Godou is an actual fighter and do the main job while the girl do the supports.
The second things is about the harem, no one is left out and each one of them has their own charms.
The third is the fight, while he does rely a lot on Sword, he also has other tactics that makes the battle become more enjoyable.
About the power level thing, it isn't that they don't have power but that their abilities are really weird. Luo Hao, for example, apparently has the ability to cover the world in flowers..... which would tear apart any man-made structure (roads, bulidings, tunnels, bridges) that was in the way.

Godou could use the sun to take out a city if he wanted, since even when focused on a single person it causes absurd amounts of damage. And he has a blackhole sword.

Athena could plunge the whole world into darkness while eliminating all human creations.

Voban can create and army of undead warriors and wolves to kill everything he wants.

Basically, they don't hold to the normal shonen type "One who punches harder wins" type combat.
Old 2013-08-02, 12:01   Link #7916
Algester

Campione huh... well to me I think the reason why I got interested with the series is basically the legends behind the myths... goes to show how much I know about my mythologies really interesting stories for me, then again I'm only used to using a single book about myths and it just so happens it just covers greek myths by Edith Hamilton (ohh wow I actually still remember the name), and to me... well character wise I'm an Athena x Godou shipper despite its "technically" an impossibility, or its just my tastes...
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 04:48   Link #7917
bakapervert
A pervert

The god and Campione is able to easily destroy a city or a country easily. Its just that so far the fight is focused in one-on-one where there is no need for the fighters to bust out a move for wide scale destruction. After all such move like that can be easily tanked by Campione or god with their ridiculous toughness. Its more effective to use a focused attack to harm those monsters. I think if they want all Campione except Godou can easily obliterate a country. And anyway, about Godou getting more authority or learning martial arts, while its quite annoying how until now he still doesn't get a new real authority or not learning how to defend himself from the more mundane enemy, its also a lot more interesting how Godou is using his authority in more creative way to fight rather than just pounding each other until one side lost.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 05:00   Link #7918
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
The god and Campione is able to easily destroy a city or a country easily. Its just that so far the fight is focused in one-on-one where there is no need for the fighters to bust out a move for wide scale destruction. After all such move like that can be easily tanked by Campione or god with their ridiculous toughness. Its more effective to use a focused attack to harm those monsters. I think if they want all Campione except Godou can easily obliterate a country. And anyway, about Godou getting more authority or learning martial arts, while its quite annoying how until now he still doesn't get a new real authority or not learning how to defend himself from the more mundane enemy, its also a lot more interesting how Godou is using his authority in more creative way to fight rather than just pounding each other until one side lost.
Actually, even Godou himself can easily obliterate a city by using the Boar or the Stallion, and with the Goat, he can suck out the life force of all of the people in that city, just like how a devil would act.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 05:29   Link #7919
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
infact just think that happens when Godou fights with the Boar ALL THE TIME just be thankful he's just targeting a specific target... and he utterly crushed the colosseum when he and Erica, ERICA of all PEOPLE fought... yeah... imagine if it were larger things than a "city" imagine what the Boar would do, remember for the Boar to work effectively he has to target a large target... what if the target was large but a wee bit smaller than a city...
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 20:55   Link #7920
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
Campione huh... well to me I think the reason why I got interested with the series is basically the legends behind the myths... goes to show how much I know about my mythologies really interesting stories for me, then again I'm only used to using a single book about myths and it just so happens it just covers greek myths by Edith Hamilton (ohh wow I actually still remember the name), and to me... well character wise I'm an Athena x Godou shipper despite its "technically" an impossibility, or its just my tastes...
Oh, I have that one too. Unfortunately, the Author doesn't use that book, he uses Robert Graves' The Greek Myths. In fact, I had once suggested in the FF.net Campione forum to search about things related to the Argonauts and 'Arthur' there to find clues about Artus' identity.

On the note of powers, I actually like him being that 'weak'. The reason is that it makes the victory much more satisfying than if he just curbstomp everything on his way. Although it it much more satisfying if it was both like in JoJo (Managing to deal with the enemy Stand's ability rewards with the ORAORAORA punch-fest). In addition to that, it makes changing his characters easier too as it would lead to much pain (value), which would lead to habitual questions, the part that could effects the reference (in addition to value itself) which would the belief, the basis for all decisions and also states. Long story short, it made character development possible and easier (God, I need to stop speaking in psychobabble).

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem