AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-03-19, 18:53   Link #50981
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

RIP the original Sacred Twins

Time to pull the plug I guess
Old 2014-03-19, 20:01   Link #50982
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, you still have Mirror-verse...somewhat...

Reading the 'new' version now.
Old 2014-03-19, 20:11   Link #50983
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akisa Akimune View Post
Yahoo! Youpi!

By the way, what do you think of a fanfic about Ichika X Honne?
Can be done, however I could see this either as a Kanzashi subroute or until we have more information on Honne, yea.

@Zero: What have u done?! You flatlined the original fic! >_<

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 20:19   Link #50984
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Can't blame him.

Tell me, blitz, what end are you aiming at with ST?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 20:32   Link #50985
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

My fic actually get adapted (NOT adopted, there's a difference) several times in the past, in which case I pull my own fic as result.

I am proud of my fic getting an AU on it's own, and I hate it when some troll pestering me about how inferior and bad it is. I am a bad writer, in the essence that what you see is what you get unless I got a cowriter in tow, critics pointed on me will met deaf ears.

Anyway, Blitz, if you have time, can you fix the first three chapter before I put a discontinued tag?
Old 2014-03-19, 20:47   Link #50986
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

But SEED, should I remind you one fact?

Blitz's style, what can I say, is far different from you. With this first chapter, I could see that he will remove all these shenningans of the original, instead focus on "Siblings Bonding".

Not that I complain. But maybe this wouldn't be Sacred Twins anymore.
Old 2014-03-19, 20:50   Link #50987
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

When I first made it, It's supposed to have a great whiplash in tone and mood, which is the reason why it's copied from Light novel.

The first three chapter are deliberately made like that, so chapter 4 and 5 have greater impact. Think of it as Muvluv Extra to Unlimited transition.

Blitz are good enough author to keep the humorous nuance but get rid of badly written sentences, though if anyone want to help, I'd be grateful.
Old 2014-03-19, 21:12   Link #50988
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

That is why I want to see how could you manage with GBF. For now, it's like you both lack and full of something for it. Lacking of the setting. It's a whole different mood to the canon. Short of the climaxes moments, the friendship, heroism, parentally,... But you've got enough talent with lovey dovey things and conspiracies, to the level of overflow.
Old 2014-03-19, 21:12   Link #50989
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hmmm, I'll say this: in comparing both versions together, Zero's starts off a lot more light-hearted and amusing, which was one of the major selling points of the original Sacred Twins. With that said... Blitz's version might not gather the following of your original because this one might seem almost ... bland in comparison. I know, I know, it's going at the story from a completely different angle but as long as you have 'Sacred Twins: Remake,' people are going to want to draw comparisons like this to it. So as long as you don't mind, this version MIGHT not be as well-received. Unless we give it more 'presence'... and by that I mean, fleshing out the manuscript. ... Ah crap, I still gotta do the first couple of chapters of Mirror don't I... 0.0 *runs*

And honestly Zero, with all the help everyone has given each other over the years (yes, years), all our fics are products of each of us.
Old 2014-03-19, 21:13   Link #50990
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hahahaha maybe there's that

I need to steal a glance on 3's shoujo novel again just to be sure.
Old 2014-03-19, 21:22   Link #50991
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hmmm, I'll say this: in comparing both versions together, Zero's starts off a lot more light-hearted and amusing, which was one of the major selling points of the original Sacred Twins. With that said... Blitz's version might not gather the following of your original because this one might seem almost ... bland in comparison. I know, I know, it's going at the story from a completely different angle but as long as you have 'Sacred Twins: Remake,' people are going to want to draw comparisons like this to it. So as long as you don't mind, this version MIGHT not be as well-received. Unless we give it more 'presence'... and by that I mean, fleshing out the manuscript. ... Ah crap, I still gotta do the first couple of chapters of Mirror don't I... 0.0 *runs*

And honestly Zero, with all the help everyone has given each other over the years (yes, years), all our fics are products of each of us.
I honestly can't write first person properly, hence why I ditched it. But here's the problem, if you don't write from the first person view, it's hard to write what the character is thinking, hence why it was easier to write when I was being the beta of Zero's original Sacred Twins, because it was better to go through multiple views.

@fireminer: If you could only see how many messages between Zero and me when I tried to "darken" the fic lol.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 21:31   Link #50992
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

150 conversation +
Old 2014-03-19, 21:40   Link #50993
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Truly, to darken SEED's fic is like asking Babylon to abandon the idea of Idols and Kamen Rider. Forever.
Old 2014-03-19, 21:41   Link #50994
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

*has been reading Vandam I notes*

How did I go from this to Idols again?

Though I wonder why, after planning the entire fic, I still haven't finished this fic yet.

*scribbling*
Old 2014-03-19, 21:43   Link #50995
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ah, the nostalgia, it was just after the critical mass of marty stu and the ensuing wasteland, wasn't it?

Vandam back then was tongue in cheek take on teen-in-military fiction.
Old 2014-03-19, 21:43   Link #50996
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

No, it's possible. It makes the whiplash going from light and humorous to dark and very serious all the more poignant.

Blitz - I think you write the opposite of me - I usually do first-person/convo first before adding the descriptive/narrative parts later. If you want, I can take a crack at it and you'll look over it?

And now that we mention going over old fics...I'm reading my edits of Mirror and I cringe...lol
Old 2014-03-19, 21:55   Link #50997
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I can't say I will be rebooting and changing tact; Vandam I does end with the creation of SHOOTiNG ST@R.

However, the decision to immediately progress into my rewritten version of canon characters rather than running parallel to tanking canon will mean what comes after will have more mellow OCs and more... less-plot-armored and more "state representative material" (?) canon characters.

ISP-48 will be on hold; that's either too damn far in the future or I'm just not going to bother writing that much.
Old 2014-03-19, 21:56   Link #50998
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Why Tempest, SEED and Blitz can't just focused one single fic? You guys compliment to each other.

Dokugan Ryuu. White Knight. Truth be Told. White Expression....

The most popular fanfics of this fandom. You know, they makes me wonder what the readers truly seek in Ichika. These guys, they just throw out of the window character development, and instead going with "Gary Stu". And even me with TFSP.
Old 2014-03-19, 21:58   Link #50999
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

We have too many ideas that keep changing in our heads by the time we write them out. And then we get bored of them when they end up not being what we originally wanted... Honestly, if we could type at the speed of which we can generate a story inside our head - there would be twice as many IS fics out there.
Old 2014-03-19, 22:19   Link #51000
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

What Tempest said

I'll parrot the readers sentiment once again

1. They want smart Ichika instead of dumbass version in canon
2. They want the 'best' waifu to win, that is, either Chifuyu or Charlotte, or as of recently, Tatenashi.

Fulfill these two and you will be set for a saga.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest