Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 11:58   Link #1821
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenio View Post
Spoiler:

enough fanservice for girls, now let boys and men feel the sexiness of narukami
Spoiler for big big big big pic:
it won't open. It looks like you link it from zerochan but it won't open.
Old 2012-01-21, 12:02   Link #1822
Xenio
Flower

resized and reuploaded!!! feel "her" cuteness!!!
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 12:29   Link #1823
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
resized and reuploaded!!! feel "her" cuteness!!!
Spoiler for xenios picture:

What is this? What Narukami would look like, if he was a girl?

Last edited by warita; 2012-01-21 at 13:18.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 12:54   Link #1824
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I have never played the game unfortunately..... but I am getting the feeling that the anime spoiled me for the game. I saw several people mentioning that the anime has way more comedy and slice of life moments than the game and thats what I like about this anime.
Well there's some things the game still does better than this adaptation. For example the plot gets a lot more focus and they go into a lot more detail on the investigation allowing for a greater understanding of what's happening. They're really only scratching the surface in the anime here.

And it's not like the game doesn't have any comedic or SOL moments. In fact it manages to strike a very nice balance with the more serious side of the game. It's just that in the anime the funny stuff is a lot more prominent.

I do recommend playing it if you get the chance. There's a difficulty setting, so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting through the dungeon crawling part of the game on an easier difficulty.

Also judging from your *ahem* "fangirling", you might not like with the fact that Yu has virtually no personality in the game and is practically a Mary-Sue. (He never talks, the player makes all his decisions, tends to be good at everything he does etc.) There's various hints towards what his general attitude is like, but not much else. Just figured I should warn you.

Quote:
sorry for hijacking you girls' fangasm over Yuu, but I think the FeMC from P3 is better than the emo kid :P
He's far from emo. It's just implied that compared to Yu, he's more reserved and keeps to himself, considering how he's listening to music a lot of the time.

I think a good way to distinguish the two is with Tanaka's theme song. P3MC calls it "annoying" whilst Yu calls it "cheery".

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-01-21 at 23:52.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 13:01   Link #1825
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
i dont think his gay, he just has some womens hobbies and his embarrased about it.

And lets not forget the massive nosebleed he got from Chie and Yukiko in their swimsuits
He likes cute things, after all. But I wouldn't say he's not into both, you know. The end of his SL was somehow... open to whatever the viewer understood.

Ok. Narukami is certainly sexy, but I daresay that runs in the family. I mean, just look at his uncle, Ryotaro: he's a hot guy, too XD. I bet they're blood related to the Suous fom P2: too much coolness for not being like that .

Ah, concerning MC from p3, He do have some dialogue options that were really rude and cruel. I think he is approaching jerkass territory.

Last edited by Zaresh; 2012-01-21 at 13:18. Reason: adding things
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 15:09   Link #1826
HandofFate

Can people really get drunk off the atmosphere just like that?
Also in the ramen shop, why didn't Naoto think it strange that there's a talking guy in a bear suit with them.
Old 2012-01-21, 17:12   Link #1827
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

For the figure junkies:
Spoiler for Yu Narukami figure:

Comes with removable glasses and a stand to place the cut-in post and/or Izanagi figure (which is sold separately).

Price is 2940 Yen / $38 US.

Now this is one I'd even grab if I could find it somewhere not online.~
Old 2012-01-21, 19:46   Link #1828
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Why not just compare all of them together

Though personally, I prefer Arisato's blue hair design better

Wow, where to begin with this episode ? From the moment [Burn my Dread] started playing instead of the OP I knew this was going to be all manner of awesome Throughout the entire episode they were using all of P3's soundtracks.

Then there's the new material in the love Hotel and the Club, in both cases Narukami was the Boss As expected, they've somehow manage to get all the girls to play out all the choices
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 20:27   Link #1829
Xenio
Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
If I recall correctly, and that's saying something because I played P3 long time ago...

Spoiler for P3 characters:
here is what the wiki say and i think P3 MC have that personality, but yeah, just like you say, i also think P4 MC is nicer and more friendly

Quote:
Through the tradition of Shin Megami Tensei series, he is a Silent Protagonist (though he does, technically, speak in battle when summoning a Persona), where his personality is based upon players' actions and decisions. Though, from his choices and text-boxes, it can be revealed that he is somewhat reserved and calm, similiar to his manga counterpart.
Quote:
The Shirt of Chivalry, a type of costume for males in FES and P3P, is noted for the Kanji symbols on their backs that symbolizes the character. The Protagonist's kanji means "honorable man", being the field leader of SEES and being able to strengthen bonds through Social Links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Why not just compare all of them together

Though personally, I prefer Arisato's blue hair design better
it still don't have P1 protagonist and Tatsuya (P2 Protagonist), now with all persona protagonist here, who do you think is the hottest of all persona protagonist? for me it P3>P4>Trinity Soul>P2>P1

P1 Protagonist

Tatsuya (P2 Protagonist)

Shin Kanzato (Trinity Soul Protagonist) for who don't know him in Chaos2Frozen pic (he is the one who looking back)

btw, i think we need a subforum with image thread already

Last edited by Xenio; 2012-01-21 at 20:51.
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 21:10   Link #1830
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

I wonder why P1 protagonist is always so genki in fanarts and so gloomy in oficial arts. It makes me want to do a try on P1... Nah, just kidding. I know how hellish is that game and I think I'm going to pass.

I prefer P2: EP design of Tatsuya to P2: IS design. It's a lot cooler. Red fits him well.

It would be nice having a subforum for all the SMT related stuff, but I guess there are a lot of places more suitable for it. It's mainly about games, after all :/.
Old 2012-01-21, 21:42   Link #1831
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

You guys forgot Maya as the protag for Eternal Punishment.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 22:44   Link #1832
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Nono, definitely not off topic, it's just that certain interest groups rarely make their presence felt

In between, here is the term's explanation

EDIT: It would also be really nice if you (plural) could enclose the large images in BB/spoiler tags to save space and my mouse's roller life expectancy
I... don't think we are fujoshi. Not me, that's for sure. I don't have anything against male - male relationships, but I don't like boys love genre. Hehe, I'm not even a romantic person, not in the twilight sense. Too cheesy for me. But, for example, I really enjoy the kind of relationship portrayed on Bakemonogatari. And about the otaku thing, weeeellll, that's arguable, too. It depends.
Old 2012-01-21, 22:52   Link #1833
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ I was joking

As for P4's last episode it had a lot of yaoi-service (not only ecchi), in general the game-line is accessible to otaku of both sexes; plus with significant tweaking in its localizations, it even made decent sales (and atrocious reviews/blog-posts) oversees
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 23:20   Link #1834
Razziell22

Quote:
now with all persona protagonist here, who do you think is the hottest of all persona protagonist? P3>P4>Trinity Soul>P2>P1
Definitely P3 MC Minato<3

Then P4>P1>Trinity Soul>P2

Spoiler for Some cross over pics:

Last edited by Razziell22; 2012-01-21 at 23:40.
Razziell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 23:28   Link #1835
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Shin Kanzato (Trinity Soul Protagonist)
*HISS* Abomination! IT MUST BE CLEANSED WITH AGIDYNE!
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 04:33   Link #1836
DukeOfVeglia

Two things that made this episode great for me:
1. P3 music and town.
2. The insane amount of ROFLing from my part.

Also, quite unexpectedly, they seem to be going for the Chie romance route. I was almost sure they would pick Yukiko.
DukeOfVeglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 07:41   Link #1837
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeOfVeglia View Post
Also, quite unexpectedly, they seem to be going for the Chie romance route. I was almost sure they would pick Yukiko.
As someone else pointed out and appears to be right about...
Spoiler for Chariot Commu:
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 13:12   Link #1838
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I need to remind everyone that this is not a general purpose "fans of the Persona game franchise" thread. This is a thread about the Persona 4 anime only. Limited comparisons to the game are allowed when they are relevant to the anime (and do not reveal any future material), but that's it. This is also not a "images from Persona games" thread. Game players should direct themselves to the relevant game threads for any and all game-related discussions. I deleted a bunch of posts already (and I'm sure there are more that should go), but please be aware that these sorts of game conversations are not allowed here.
Old 2012-01-22, 14:13   Link #1839
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Yuu honestly has too much swagger for the rest of the male cast to compete, it's kind of unfair. They need an anime only male to balance out his dominance.
Old 2012-01-23, 08:46   Link #1840
Yuna Amakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeOfVeglia View Post
I don't think so. I think they merely did part of Chie's SL so they can say they have done it. Have they done Yukiko's SL? No, they are probably waiting for
Spoiler:
. Before this episode, many people were saying they were going with MC/Rise. Well, for me they are just going with harem and that's it.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy