AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2012-04-18, 04:33   Link #61
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
NTR in Angel Beats! is.....<_<
You could make stuff all tragic and sad like that but....I dunno does it fit the theme? Don't think so...
Of course it don't fit, it's Key we're talking about. NTR is very much out of place in Maeda's works. But the discussion just went there, so

Edit: I'm not aware of pairings since I didn't follow the anime too deeply so that's a discussion I can't join.
Old 2012-04-18, 09:01   Link #62
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
And I agree with your latter sentiment, since as I said, we have an anime base that already showcases chief dynamics. Yuri should remain just the unassailable leader of the SSS, with all the boys clamoring for her as Otonashi and Kanade go lovey-dovey to the side.
The early part of the series definitely presented Yuri x Otonashi as a possibility until Otonashi noticed she didn't know what she was talking about on a great many subjects. I think a route where he never notices, never goes to Kanade and ends up with Yuri instead would be a fascinating path, even if it only leads to bad ends.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 11:29   Link #63
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
How about the possible pairings for the rest of the cast? Although on second thought, I don't think all of the girls have interests with boys in the SSS. Hisako has signs of liking Iwasawa, and the dynamics between Sekine and Irie suggests another yuri pairing. That just leaves Yusa and Shiina, who are too quiet to show any signs of affection towards the opposite sex.
Don't forget Fujimaki and Ooyama. Even if their relationship isn't romantic, they're definitely close together for some unstated reason. Perhaps they shared a previous life together.

Seriously, the supporting cast of characters in Angel Beats is so big and mysterious. I wouldn't mind the VN being delayed several years if it means that it'll be long enough to address the characters properly.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 23:23   Link #64
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

In case anyone is wondering, there has been simply no word at all about the VN. Seems that with LB causing a haywire all over the place the novel should be being worked on behind the scenes at least. I have full confidence in Jun Maeda to give him the needed time to fix the concept of Angel Beats!

Cheers;
Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 20:53   Link #65
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...o-be-announced as long as it still going to happen don't mind when
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 20:05   Link #66
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Well I'll be. I had to open my mouth for there to be news!

This IS news at least. Ho long does it take for Key to release a game after they announce it? A year?

They're probably waiting for that margin...

Arty

Old 2012-10-25, 11:02   Link #67
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It takes them at least 2-3 years. Usually speaking, a story driven VN takes like 2 years, while usual charage/moege takes 1 year.
That's of course not including other type of VN nor fan disc.
Old 2012-10-27, 21:11   Link #68
Dizzyworld2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Well I'll be. I had to open my mouth for there to be news!

This IS news at least. Ho long does it take for Key to release a game after they announce it? A year?

They're probably waiting for that margin...

Arty
Hopefully they'll greenlight AB! production on April Fool's. Has there been a year where key did not announce anything for April Fool's after they started it?
All I could think of are:
2009 (?) - Rewrite announced
2011 - Rewrite 2nd Opening
2012 - LB! anime
Dizzyworld2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 14:26   Link #69
Balzac
Assistant Professor

I'd imagine this means 2013 is another "empty" year for Key game-wise - inclusive of fandiscs and the like . I remember 2009 and 2006 being those as well. But are all indications pointing to Key actually having Angel Beats! as their next VN project? After Rewrite, I'd thought there would be more room for non-Jun Maeda projects to branch out - and then this project was announced.
Old 2012-11-02, 07:45   Link #70
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

All I want is Angel Beats! to have the actual plot developed as it should be. I see a HUUUUUGE amount of potential in this story, and the basis is already there for us to drool over.

Jun Maeda is just working on his magic right now, but understand... his mana is recovering atm.

Also, April fool's announcement (once again) would be absolutely EPIC, lol. I remember the uncertainty behind the Little Busters! trailer...

In any case, us loyal followers should be on the lookout for any kind of information that comes out from now on because we're nearing the apex of this long trip that started in 2010... so chin up people.

Arty

Old 2012-11-03, 16:55   Link #71
Balzac
Assistant Professor

As said, they could formally announce the project next year, but then as I'd implied there'd be no visual novel releases from Key on that year or next year. Yes, I know they're occupied too with that Little Busters! anime (and perhaps its success would mean a Rewrite anime will then be followed), but that shouldn't stop them from developing their primary content.

Whether their next feature will be Angel Beats! or another Maeda-independent project (Planetarian, Rewrite) is something for the fans to eagerly wait for, and was the point of my previous post. I'm hoping it's the former, but then again, the news that it hasn't even been formally announced makes me pine for any sort of Key-related material. I want my Key dose of comedy damnit!

Last edited by Balzac; 2012-11-10 at 21:06.
Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 00:16   Link #72
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Are you ready guys?

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-14428.html
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 04:48   Link #73
Sickn3ss

My mind is totally ready, but I don't think my wallet is yet lol.
Sickn3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 06:52   Link #74
yuugi99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
So what does it say?
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 07:18   Link #75
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The headline says, "Angel Beats Game Still Far From Completion, But Progress To Be Seen Before Summer 2013".

The Twitter accounts listed are that of President Takahiro Baba of Visual Arts (@vavasyatyou) and the Jun Maeda himself (@FJ_Staff), although Jun Maeda hasn't tweeted using his account since April and is supposedly on break.

According to Maeda's last handful of tweets, the VN will continue to be told in Otonashi's POV. However, some of the parts in the anime which gave a negative impression to the viewers will be rewritten. Maeda also stated that there will be new songs for Girls Dead Monster. As of April 2012, Maeda said that he is already working on the music and scenario for the VN at the same time.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 12:03   Link #76
GDB

So let's see... "progress by summer 2013" means they have at least a year left to go by the time they show stuff, so another year and a half from now, minimum. Add in translation time, and we won't have an English version until likely 2016 at the earliest.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 12:10   Link #77
tsunade666

So it begins!!! woo! I'm ready for this. And my wallet will be ready by the time its in the market
Old 2013-02-07, 13:51   Link #78
Kudryavka

Woo! I'm glad this is actually real and coming now!

Though I hope it's either a new storyline or a different take on one of the existing ones, not end up like an adaptation.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 14:09   Link #79
Gundamx

As long as there is Yuri ending I am happy.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 14:57   Link #80
Kirayuki

Main/mothership title of Key games always take forever to finish (heck they even wrote "Far From Completion" ), and they don't necessarily release a new game each year. If anything, I'm betting it will come out next year at the earliest.

Also considering AB has large number of characters, there is high chance they will do something like Clannad where almost if not all characters have their own routes.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote