AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 31 Rating
Perfect 10 10 16.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 25.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 37.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-02, 07:04   Link #41
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Nagi's general attitude and spontaneity indicate that when or if she has children, they'll either be looked after by Maria or the army of SP's...

I totally wouldnt mind being look after by the SP. Oh the things i would make them do its nice to have your own personal army. But then again who would want Maria taking of them. Out of everyone its clear that Saku is the most qualified to watch or raise kids. People with younger siblings who help out tend to do better when raising children of their own.
Old 2007-11-02, 07:18   Link #42
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I totally wouldnt mind being look after by the SP. Oh the things i would make them do its nice to have your own personal army. But then again who would want Maria taking of them. Out of everyone its clear that Saku is the most qualified to watch or raise kids. People with younger siblings who help out tend to do better when raising children of their own.
lol that's not really my point... What i'm saying is despite the fact that she's only young i still can't see her raising kids in the near future (e.g. 20's) As she is now i really don't see room for maturity. She's certainly intelligent I'll give her that, but intelligence isn't everything, street smarts are also important and she's greatly lacking in that department.
Old 2007-11-02, 08:14   Link #43
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
03:42 is the lolicon duck and cat!
Boy did i miss that one! I rewatch episode 31, and voila Ah-kun and Ka-kun are there. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
Sakuya's family isn't as rich as Nagi's, but calling her fortune second tier is probably an understatement. She owns her own private jet (and some more really expensive things if you read the manga)
Agreed, Sakuya is definitely among the super rich and also Isumi as well.
Old 2007-11-02, 08:40   Link #44
EBitinDechtit

10/10 Ep., dressing Hayate as a girl always cracks me up. Maria's reaction was priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
So much smacking in this episode.
Yeah, both Hayate AND Nagi received awful lot of divine retribution from Sakuya.

The outfit Nagi wore around 0:15-->1:25, what exactly was it? The symbol on the hat made me think of a nurse's outfit.... But that can't be right?
Old 2007-11-02, 11:02   Link #45
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBitinDechtit View Post
The outfit Nagi wore around 0:15-->1:25, what exactly was it? The symbol on the hat made me think of a nurse's outfit.... But that can't be right?

from Karakuri Circus. She's a beastmaster but I still think it looks like a nurse.
Old 2007-11-02, 11:51   Link #46
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
lol that's not really my point... What i'm saying is despite the fact that she's only young i still can't see her raising kids in the near future (e.g. 20's) As she is now i really don't see room for maturity. She's certainly intelligent I'll give her that, but intelligence isn't everything, street smarts are also important and she's greatly lacking in that department.
I think a part of her problem is the fact that she has never had siblings. The face she made when she said have siblings is nice said it all. I do agree with you that she is intellgient no doubt but she is also very selfish and i agree i dont see her maturing very much. But then again she is only 13 i mean people can change look at the difference that Saku made when she was younger and the difference Hayate has made in such a short time.
Old 2007-11-02, 15:53   Link #47
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
I can't believe Nagi tried to make another stew again.
The animators needed an excuse to reuse those cels.

Seriously, there was a lot of lazy animation this ep. I guess its true about the budget cutbacks.

Still, Saki without glasses is

Quote:
She's a beastmaster but I still think it looks like a nurse.
Having seen Abiru from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, I'd say it's a good idea to be both.
Old 2007-11-02, 16:39   Link #48
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Her 20's aren't in the near future. They're half her life distant!

Immature? She's thirteen. Immature and thirteen is practically a pleonasm. If immature 13 years old never grow up to have children, the human race will be extinct in short order.

Sakuya, too, is immature. Just look at her Manzai obsession, and how it influences her interactions with everyone around her.

Hell, I know I was immature at her age, and I'm pretty sure you were, too.

Street smarts? Useful for people who have to get to street level. Nagi, OTOH, can wave most of the "street" problems away - that's why she employs people. For a thirteen years old, she is reasonably adapted to her environement. Of course, it's not saying much.
Old 2007-11-02, 22:26   Link #49
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I'm not saying it's wrong to be immature at 13, just that at this current point in time i don't see her changing very much even in her 20's. It's just the type of environment she lives in, people need some sort of stimulation to grow and mature, while Nagi housed up in a huge mansion, having her every wish granted and acting on a whim.. Well there isn't alot of stimulation for her to grow and mature, unless you count the manga books but i doubt they'll help.
Old 2007-11-03, 02:32   Link #50
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She has Maria and Hinagiku as role models, and her interactions with Hayate which do not always go as she wishes.

She also has friends like Sakuya and Isumi.

All of that will help her mature. Sure, she'll never know what it means to make do without something you want for financial reasons. But that's not all there is to maturity. And hardly something needed for a Sanzenin.
Old 2007-11-03, 12:38   Link #51
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I don't think it matters about raising children. Not because of their age, skill or personal nature, but because:

Saku: Will be travelling around the world head hunting all the best comedians. Children will grow up resenting the fact their mom was never there for them.

Nagi: Will be hermiting in her room using the interweb to rule the financial world. Children will grow up resenting the fact their mom was never there for them.

Isumi: Will be lost. Children will grow up resenting the fact their mom was never there for them.

Poor kids might be born with a silver spoon in their mouths, but after countless kidnap attempts and people just getting to know them for their money it is a miracle that their parents Nagi et al turned out as well as they did.
Old 2007-11-03, 19:30   Link #52
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I don't think it matters about raising children. Not because of their age, skill or personal nature, but because:

Saku: Will be travelling around the world head hunting all the best comedians. Children will grow up resenting the fact their mom was never there for them.

Nagi: Will be hermiting in her room using the interweb to rule the financial world. Children will grow up resenting the fact their mom was never there for them.

Isumi: Will be lost. Children will grow up resenting the fact their mom was never there for them.

Poor kids might be born with a silver spoon in their mouths, but after countless kidnap attempts and people just getting to know them for their money it is a miracle that their parents Nagi et al turned out as well as they did.
Seems the characters in this show have a habit of not following their parents' examples, which is mostly a good thing.
Old 2007-11-04, 02:20   Link #53
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Seems the characters in this show have a habit of not following their parents' examples, which is mostly a good thing.
Wait, I don't remember if it was ever explained what happened to Nagi's parents. I don't remember them ever mentioning her parents at all.
Old 2007-11-04, 21:19   Link #54
Fruitfly

Quote:
Yukiji probably did. Look at how she turned out. I bet she'll be worst than Nagi at raising kids. Well that might be a good thing after looking at Hina.
Old 2007-11-04, 21:31   Link #55
kimchipride
Geass User

Great Ep! I didn't get the parody with the fight with the 3rd butler. can someone explain it?
Old 2007-11-04, 23:32   Link #56
Muyasuki

9/10 easily.

A very great episode focusing on one of my favourite characters, Sakuya. It really helped give a sense of her overall character. When it was revealed what was in the briefcase, I almost died.
Old 2007-11-05, 01:08   Link #57
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchipride View Post
Great Ep! I didn't get the parody with the fight with the 3rd butler. can someone explain it?
From what I read in this thread, it's parodying Bakusou Kyoudai Let's & Go and Dash! Yonkuro which are based on a toy called Mini 4WD. The third butler is an imitation of the main character of Dash! Yonkuro. The hockey stick is supposed to be used to control the car, but he doesn't use it. I believe the fan is also from Dash! Yonkuro. The main character cheats (looks like it) by yelling at his car to make it go faster. (you can see it in this youtube video)

CrazyPerson wrote some stuff about the parodies from Bakusou Kyoudai Let's & Go on page 2.
Old 2007-11-05, 18:12   Link #58
kimchipride
Geass User

Quote:
From what I read in this thread, it's parodying Bakusou Kyoudai Let's & Go and Dash! Yonkuro which are based on a toy called Mini 4WD. The third butler is an imitation of the main character of Dash! Yonkuro. The hockey stick is supposed to be used to control the car, but he doesn't use it. I believe the fan is also from Dash! Yonkuro. The main character cheats (looks like it) by yelling at his car to make it go faster. (you can see it in this youtube video)

CrazyPerson wrote some stuff about the parodies from Bakusou Kyoudai Let's & Go on page 2.
Lol Thx for the info... can't wait for tomorrow's episode

Btw... When does Eclipse usually upload HnG? Tuesdays around what time? Pacific time plz

Last edited by kimchipride; 2007-11-06 at 01:31.
Closed Thread