AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-12, 19:24   Link #1
Blue flame
anime bores me lol

cool side characters

anime or manga, that has cool characters, unique type of characters. i consider final fantasy unique, bleach also. i dont want the main character to be the only cool guy or girl. any typical shonen might be good but i want it to be more on the seinen side. if any1 seen or read tenjou tenge that is sorta what im looking for besides the fact that half the series is a damm flash back. also i find it very entertaining when a girl beats the hell out of a guy and the guy has to spend time like training to get better then her ,

animes like samurai champloo, bleach if u havent yet seen episode 166 watch it now, finaly fantasy series, naruto but is alright, i saw aika and thought it was good but a bit ecchi, at first i thought kiba was like pokemon and i was extremely wrong . persona 3 i find very unique because of characters ok u guys get the point
Old 2008-04-12, 19:37   Link #2
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

I find that Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Baccano! characters epitomise "cool". A lot more than Bleach and Final Fantasy characters.

They're also both action anime, though Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a bit like the "powerup shounen"-type of anime.
Actually, not really.
Old 2008-04-12, 19:43   Link #3
Blue flame
anime bores me lol

o really, tengen toppa got me so depressed that i couldnt watch it anymore
i got attached to the suposively the main character until he dies right in front of my eyes and i couldnt do less but to watch his death and i rewinded and rewinded the sad part and screamming why , as for baccano i heard its very gawky and random so i havent tried it yet
but since uve helped me out in my previous post im not gonna hesitate watch it now
Old 2008-04-12, 19:57   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Baccano! is neither "gawky" (whatever that might mean) nor random, but the first episode is confusing and unlike the remainder of the show. Watch through episode 3 or so before deciding whether to continue.

Fantasy Asian dramas like Twelve Kingdoms or Seirei no Moribito feel the most like Final Fantasy games to me. Other shows in the "epic adventure" style include Noein, Scrapped Princess and Crest/Banner of the Stars. Seirei and Scrapped Princess have the "building a party to fight evil" feature as well, as does Noein though to a lesser degree. 12K is a bit more focused on individual action, but the heroine Youko depends on a lot of people to accomplish her task. For "coolness" the Emperor of En in that show scores high on my list as does Rakujun. Crest of the Stars focuses more on the main couple rather than a "party" of adventurers.
Old 2008-04-12, 20:25   Link #5
Blue flame
anime bores me lol

gawky means ackward and i just finished watching the first episode of baccano and all i have to say is wtf................. immotals blah blah who the hells the narrator?whose the main character, pppl getting shot in the head . confused but it seems entertaining soo ill continue watchng it , serei no morobito was good but then i noticed that its not about the fighting rather how the main character lives with the kid so ill finish it later ,, but the fighting is intense
Old 2008-04-13, 15:57   Link #6
Niji

Wolf's rain and Basilisk have awesome side chars. Both a bit on the dark side. I take Tsume as side char here. Actually he, and some others are so cool, you may want to see Wolf's rain anyway
Closed Thread