Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-10-02, 17:14   Link #241
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
No, at least not as ultra as Susanoo´s defense. However it does have it´s side effects. That kinda evens things.
Funny how the thing that protects you is killing you slowly, its an oxymoron

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 17:18   Link #242
pizzajincuuriki
I have it inside me :]

Gaara's defense has been defeated on more than one occasion. Sasuke, Kimimaro, Lee, and Deidara. NOT PERFECT.

Raikage defense just got beat by a karate chop made of the same shiz. Lightning. NOT PERFECT.

Naruto? Since when does Naruto have a perfect defense? If you are talking about the kyubi chakra that surronds him, that got beat by a twelve year old Sasuke without MS. SO FAR FROM PERFECT ITS RIDCULOUS.

Neji's perfect defense got defeated by spider webs and arrows. NOT PERFECT.

Sasuke's beats Extreme blows from super saiyan ninjas, lava, And gaara's sand magic. When it cracks, he puts more chakra into it. And yeah it slowly hurts you. But you cant be hurt outside of that So far its pretty effin perfect. . And so far, he has spammed it.

Last edited by pizzajincuuriki; 2009-10-02 at 17:20. Reason: eh
pizzajincuuriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 17:20   Link #243
Whittless

Omg can sasuke do anything on his own? gosh now zetsu/madara have to save his butt? R u serious? Also i thought using the mangekyou was hard... Oh and whats with the new kekkai genkei, r they just like elemental combinations? I mean how does dust become some square/circle thing? Akatsuchi was pretty awesome tho. Im interested to see what the "moon's eye" plan is...
Whittless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 17:21   Link #244
Whittless

but didnt raikage get thru susanoo with lightning armor? Also sasuke didnt invent tht technique, he stole it from Itachi!
Whittless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 17:22   Link #245
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
The one thing that beats even Susanoo´s defense is patience. It doesn´t seem very mobile, so why bother attacking when one could simply hide and wait for Sasuke to run out of power.
Old 2009-10-02, 18:25   Link #246
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Seems that Madara will give his speech again lol
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 19:44   Link #247
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
The one thing that beats even Susanoo´s defense is patience. It doesn´t seem very mobile, so why bother attacking when one could simply hide and wait for Sasuke to run out of power.
I'm wondering if the lack of mobility could have something to do with Sasuke's lack of mastery over the ability. When Itachi used it, even though he wasn't running around like a madman, it showed a pretty advanced mobility in being able to fight off Orochimaru, and even Itachi hadn't mastered it. While it seems that increased mastery = increased damage over time, I wonder if increased mastery might also be equal to increased mobility, or even just general usability.
Old 2009-10-02, 20:31   Link #248
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

The only mobility i see is the way with the swords. You see Itachi's Susanoo "stood" and fend off Orochimaru with just the long stretched sword. It looks to me that the spirit is just for a moment's advantage. To seal away or block off the toughest of attacks. It's not made to chase around. *Like I mentioned, it's kind of like the contract with the Death God jutsu.. You sell away your life in the end.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 21:24   Link #249
Scorpian
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Are you going to count that too?
Well I never tried to claim Raikage didn't land a hit.... I actually had their little fight 1 - 1; a tie... Sasuke hit him with the chidori sword, the "Raigor Bomb" and "Amaterasu" were blocked and dodged respectivly; Sasuke got knocked down from Raikage's strike at the end.(so I seen it as 1 - 1) Even if Gaara didn't interfere, its pretty likely they would have both died and still would've essentially been a tie. Anyway, I was just pointing out that what you said wasn't true. "Boo & hiss" @ you discounting pure canon.
Scorpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 23:04   Link #250
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

I'm not sure whether it has to do with his mastery of the technique or not, but Susanoo's defense as used by Sasuke did not seem particularly impressive. The Mizukage would have easily killed him had Zetsu not interfered and I never got the impression that she was even going all out. Her Boil Release is insane, it's just as bad as Amaterasu and is almost unbeatable if you get stuck inside the vapor's range.
Alleluia_Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 23:07   Link #251
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
The only mobility i see is the way with the swords. You see Itachi's Susanoo "stood" and fend off Orochimaru with just the long stretched sword. It looks to me that the spirit is just for a moment's advantage. To seal away or block off the toughest of attacks. It's not made to chase around. *Like I mentioned, it's kind of like the contract with the Death God jutsu.. You sell away your life in the end.
Additionally, Itachi, realizing the lack of agility with the technique, could have installed the Yata Mirror upgrade specifically to nullify his negative agility stat. In other words, if Susano'o can't move, and it's defense, while super, is still limited by the fact that it is only a barrier, then by using the Yata Mirror which reflects all opponents attacks back, the need for agility is effectively eliminated (at least for short battles).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 00:36   Link #252
KidKoolAid

I agree with Alleluia_Cone mizukage didn't seem serious at all. That makes me happy , because if she was that dangerous just barely taking sasuke serious I can only imagine how she would be if her back was against a wall.
KidKoolAid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 00:54   Link #253
james0246

^To be fair, Sasuke was already bleeding from his eyes, as well as hacking up blood, so it is not like she had to take him that serious (and it is not like her not taking him serious was in any way indicative of what her attitude would had been if Sasuke was at full power with a filled chakra tank).

Last edited by james0246; 2009-10-03 at 01:16.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 02:49   Link #254
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpian View Post
Well I never tried to claim Raikage didn't land a hit.... I actually had their little fight 1 - 1; a tie... Sasuke hit him with the chidori sword, the "Raigor Bomb" and "Amaterasu" were blocked and dodged respectivly; Sasuke got knocked down from Raikage's strike at the end.(so I seen it as 1 - 1) Even if Gaara didn't interfere, its pretty likely they would have both died and still would've essentially been a tie. Anyway, I was just pointing out that what you said wasn't true. "Boo & hiss" @ you discounting pure canon.
I actually knew it wasn't true. I was responding to this you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnas View Post
You know, none of the attacks hit Sasuke so you know he didn't get owned as bad as people claim.
What i wanted to do was make ajnas himself/herself recall the bit where the Raikage smashed through his Amaterasu/ Susanoo shield and then ajnas would be forced to admit that Sasuke did actually get hit.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 03:09   Link #255
kontos

This is my first post, first of all hi to all fans.

On chapter 465 Danzo go away from the room, then in 466 Uchiha Mandara come to the room to save sasuke.

Same hair
Same sharingan (those two have it on the right eye)

I think Danzo and Mandara is the same person..

Sorry for my english
kontos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 03:51   Link #256
Alchemist007
*Author

Purely talking about physical features, the only thing that makes me not 100% is that Danzou has a burned looking right side of face.
Old 2009-10-03, 06:52   Link #257
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra_dragon View Post
lol that pobabely exactly what happened, and i just wanted to point out that it isn't age...even if he will get to itachi's age it doesn't necceraly means that he will be as good as him.

i wonder why Madara said to the Raikage that he will ahve anthor go and Sasuke?
and why does everyone thing Zbuza was so great? out of the 7 swordman he is probably the weakest.

i do hope that Madara isn't the typical villaen...telling his "plan" (i hope) will be all part of his true olan when he will fool the kages.
and what is it with ninja's telling their abillites all the time?
mizukage: oh i can use thre elements and have two bloodlines
sasuke: thanx! now i dont have to wonder about your powers!
mizukage: no problem !
ninja's are supposed to be secretive...
actually i think the weakest swordsmen was ranmaru, the lightning guy who got owned by nei, lee, naruto and TEN TEN but that was during filler so i dont know if that can be of any use
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 08:28   Link #258
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzajincuuriki View Post
Naruto? Since when does Naruto have a perfect defense? If you are talking about the kyubi chakra that surronds him, that got beat by a twelve year old Sasuke without MS. SO FAR FROM PERFECT ITS RIDCULOUS.
It depends which tailed mode you're talking about. Naruto's Kyuubi chakra is similar to Susanoo in that it is demon-shaped, shields the user from external attacks, but has the side effect of harming the user. 4-tailed Naruto could not be pierced by Orochimaru's Sword of Kusanagi. 6-tailed Naruto could block and repel a Shinra Tensei. 8-tailed Naruto could break out of Chibaku Tensei. Since Kishimoto is always reinforcing the parallelism between Naruto and Sasuke, I'd say that Sasuke's Susanoo is meant to be the counterpart to Naruto's Kyuubi.
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 08:38   Link #259
iBeast

Man ToBi= Danzou...idk how much more obvious Kishi can make it...
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 09:05   Link #260
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Man ToBi= Danzou...idk how much more obvious Kishi can make it...
He better make it way more obvious...

The fact that Madara was holding Sasuke with his right arm, which Danzou is unable to use, coupled with the fact that Danzou and Madara were in two different places at once, leads me to believe that this is not the case.

On the other hand, Kage Bunshin is around, their hair looks similar, and the whole "arm/eye" thing could be a rouse. But then, why would Danzou take interest in Orochimaru? And, coupled with that, what interest could Madara possibly have in Orochimaru?

I won't necessarily discredit this theory, but I'm not going to bank on it being true either.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion