Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-15, 15:59   Link #61
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
IMO, this battle was gag-worthy and rushed in ways I've never seen before in an anime considering how long it took to get to this point. It's as if Kubo either was being pressured to end the arc by his associates or he just got tired, gave up, and wanted to move on asap. </rant>
No, the battle wasn't rushed at all. This is the pace that most normal anime move at. Unfortunately, in the world of shonen anime where it takes 5 minutes to do a recap, properly-paced episodes like 309 feel super fast by comparison.

Anyway, this episode and the previous one were some of the best in the series. I feel like, if Bleach moved faster, explained things more clearly with less mindless exposition, and was more willing to kill characters, the series would actually be seen as high quality if not fantastic quality.
Old 2011-02-15, 16:13   Link #62
Kafriel
Senior Guest

For the ultimate battle that decides the fate of the universe, it WAS pretty short...
Old 2011-02-15, 16:18   Link #63
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

... Aizen did fuse with the Hogyoku's power. It was just that Urahara used a spell to prevent him from involving EVEN more, and also Ichigo pretty much made Aizen to use full power and completely failed because of Urahara's mind.

Anyway, the fight could have been even better if it lasted 1 more episode. They rushed it too quick. More action!!
Old 2011-02-15, 16:22   Link #64
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
I feel like, if Bleach moved faster, explained things more clearly with less mindless exposition, and was more willing to kill characters, the series would actually be seen as high quality if not fantastic quality.
So... Bleach lacks a lot of things...

Come on, the final fight was rushed, we saw just a few minutes of the final forms of Ichigo and Aizen and Urahara's not-so-Dynamic Entry was even shorter. Kubo trolled us with those Aizen's and Urahara's lines about the King, so, we were so close to the answers that almost everybody want to know, but in the end we saw nothing.

Kubo gave us MONTHS of pointless battles between minions, but the big fight with big guns just took a couple of episodes/chapters...

Pierrot did an outstanding job though. They can't do much more with Manga's material (because there isn't ).
Old 2011-02-15, 16:35   Link #65
Kallen4life

yep, adaption wise it was perfect .. a perfect Bleach episode

blame the manga and Kubo for the fat phail
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-02-15, 17:05   Link #66
DarkHollowIchigo

I'm seeing people saying the battle was to short and when the battle gets dragged out, it takes to long. No matter what happens, there always will be people disliking something that happened.

I'm glad how this episode was, perfect.
Old 2011-02-15, 17:32   Link #67
Kallen4life

btw, didn't see it in the manga, but in his final form Aizen'shuman face skin was pushed aside to reveal the black hollow skull thingy .. freaky
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-02-15, 17:48   Link #68
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
I'm seeing people saying the battle was to short and when the battle gets dragged out, it takes to long. No matter what happens, there always will be people disliking something that happened.

I'm glad how this episode was, perfect.
I have my own opinion (just an opinion), isn't about if it was short or if it took forever. To me, Kubo failed how he wasted material. In the previous fights we got flashbacks, we were informed about several things... but in this fight we got just a flashback of Ichigo being stabbed same way Rukia stabbed him to gave Ichigo her powers... after that Urahara came and had a very interesting conversation with Aizen about the King, about his reasons to do all this... but, Kubo didn't bother in show nothing about that.

So in the end. KT was saved and that's it. But we don't know nothing about Aizen's reasons to be so mad about the King and Urahara understood those reasons saying "oh, so you watch it" but nobody told us what was that.

Kubo lately is skipping the main issues of Bleach and just goes random.
Old 2011-02-15, 17:56   Link #69
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I have my own opinion (just an opinion), isn't about if it was short or if it took forever. To me, Kubo failed how he wasted material. In the previous fights we got flashbacks, we were informed about several things... but in this fight we got just a flashback of Ichigo being stabbed same way Rukia stabbed him to gave Ichigo her powers... after that Urahara came and had a very interesting conversation with Aizen about the King, about his reasons to do all this... but, Kubo didn't bother in show nothing about that.

Quote:
So in the end. KT was saved and that's it. But we don't know nothing about Aizen's reasons to be so mad about the King and Urahara understood those reasons saying "oh, so you watch it" but nobody told us what was that.

I think we all know we will find answer soon so don't be so harsh on it. Kubo isn't dodging it. There were questions left after Soul Society too that were answered in the Arrncar arc. The Soul King is big and Kubo knows it so he will bring it up

So... Bleach lacks a lot of things...

Come on, the final fight was rushed, we saw just a few minutes of the final forms of Ichigo and Aizen and Urahara's not-so-Dynamic Entry was even shorter. Kubo trolled us with those Aizen's and Urahara's lines about the King, so, we were so close to the answers that almost everybody want to know, but in the end we saw nothing.

Kubo gave us MONTHS of pointless battles between minions, but the big fight with big guns just took a couple of episodes/chapters...
The arc was emant to be short he wasn't trying to get a lot done this arc more than likey the Soul King will be kept a secret which I like. Kubo is adding some mystery
Old 2011-02-15, 18:04   Link #70
kitten320

To be true, I stopped carrying for King long time ago and I don't give a damn about him anymore...

And lol I so expected Ichigo to hug poor Zangetsu
Looks like yaoi fangirls will go crzy soon...
Old 2011-02-15, 18:11   Link #71
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:

Oh but i respect everybody's opinion, i was just stating a fact that it would not matter what Kubo would do, there would always be someone disliking it.

Surely there are things i would disagree with or dislike, but i do like bleach still. Bleach is as imperfect as this world we ourselves live in.
Old 2011-02-15, 18:29   Link #72
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
Oh but i respect everybody's opinion, i was just stating a fact that it would not matter what Kubo would do, there would always be someone disliking it.

Surely there are things i would disagree with or dislike, but i do like bleach still. Bleach is as imperfect as this world we ourselves live in.
And then it is the opposite with One Piece I mean yea OP is awesome, but if one person talks about it they get jumped on
Old 2011-02-15, 18:48   Link #73
ARCSmoker

OK so new here but ive seen all the episodes and read a bout them a bit each episode to better understand them...but one question...

did they just kill off Ichigo as a character. Yes ive read the thread in its entirity and have seen that Ichigos dad regained his powers but really...someone has to tell me its killin me lol.

Also, can anyone explain to me why when in the Final form the sword never actually materializes? Was that just like a magic dust sword or what?
Old 2011-02-15, 18:52   Link #74
secretzfan
*Fansubber

That was the Final Getsuga Tensho. Ichigo is not dead he only weakened Aizen. Tell you the truth in the anime they depicted it better than the manga did since when I saw the managa the ending really did seem suckish, but now it seems actually good. Remember what the Getsuga Tensho was well Final Getsuga was to become his attack. He only learned it from his sword spirits. Who naturally would have loved him after all they needed him alive he was the king and without him they are nothing
Old 2011-02-15, 19:52   Link #75
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voinic View Post
Another thing that still baffles me again and again.....Ichigo's Bankai.

Isshin used the Getsuga Tensho while still in his Shikai form unlike Ichigo he can't use the Gestusa Tensho unless he activates the Bankai.....=> so bascially Ichigo's /Ishin's Bankai is actually The Final Getsuga Tensho.

IF I may say: It's once-in-a-lifetime Bankai.

Guys, Aizen said: Oh! That form, it seems as though he had seen it before in which case....it's the one and only Isshin-sama.
ishin use Getsuga Tensho in his sealed form without releasing.
Old 2011-02-15, 21:17   Link #76
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
The ep was simply another ripoff of YuYu Hakusho. Like the majority of the series has been (erm and DBZ of course). However I still like Kubos characters better
lol you mean this right

Spoiler for Pics Comparision:

its not totally a rip off but ye the concept and even the character designs are kinda the same
Old 2011-02-15, 21:21   Link #77
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I absolutely loved the animation they used for Aizen's final moments when the seal was activated. If you've been watching Bleach for as long as we have and randomly saw that scene...you wouldn't of thought it was Bleach till it showed Ichigo in the next scene.

Also...I thought I recognized the shape >.>

Old 2011-02-15, 22:02   Link #78
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
lol you mean this right

Spoiler for Pics Comparision:

its not totally a rip off but ye the concept and even the character designs are kinda the same
Isn't Bleach a spin off Yu Yu Hakusho anyway
Old 2011-02-15, 22:52   Link #79
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Isn't Bleach a spin off Yu Yu Hakusho anyway
yu yu hakusho has tournament though,

but ye the concept of the spirit world and the human world and the monster world is kinda thesame with bleach's soul society, human world and hollow world
Old 2011-02-15, 23:02   Link #80
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, the reason Aizen didn't use his shikai against Ichigo is, because he couldn't.

Aizen needs to do his little ritual first (show somebody his sword and talk about) before he can use his shikai on somebody.
All he has to do is release the weapon while his opponent is looking at the blade. If need be, I'm sure I can post at least a dozen different opportunities Aizen had to do such a thing. He doesn't need to talk. If he does, it's for the benefit of the viewer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
As for his bankai. He doesn't have one, he just made the other captains think he did
Nice try, but he has Bankai. He confirms it everytime he releases his shikai without saying a word.
Quote:
Nah, Aizen was too confident in Hogyoku's Power. He thought that it wasn't necessary to use KS.

In the end, Aizen was a slave of the Hogyoku and he thought that if his zanpakuto was disappearing it was because the Hogyoku said that he doesn't need his zanpakuto anymore.
I won't debate over whether I think you're right or not since that's not my issue. Personally, that seems to be what most would assume IMO. I'd just like to go on record for stating that one of the big problems I have is that you're forced to speculate on the matter in the first place. You shouldn't need to. If Aizen indeed didn't use KS because of the hougyoku, then it would've been nice for Kubo to have him say so. The same thing goes for his Bankai. Or better yet, it would've been much better for Kubo to think of a way for Ichigo to win after getting trapped under KS, or after he took on his Bankai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
No, the battle wasn't rushed at all. This is the pace that most normal anime move at. Unfortunately, in the world of shonen anime where it takes 5 minutes to do a recap, properly-paced episodes like 309 feel super fast by comparison.
Agree to disagree then. Because like I stated before, considering how long it took to get to this point it was short. And there have been many battles in this series that have had more time devoted to them than this. Some of which, a lot of fans didn't even care about that much. I think a lot of the privaron espada and a lot of the main Espada had longer fights (even if only slightly so). And how long was Ichigo vs Kenpachi? Byakuya? Grimmjow? And Ulquiorra? Ulquiorra's fight especially, was one of the longest of them all. But yet when it comes down to the final battle, over 5 years in the making, it's over in a flash. So if you think that's "normal" then so be it, but I call that rushed. There's so much more Kubo could've done with this fight beyond Ichigo arriving--->pwning--->talking--->pwning some more--->flashback---->FGT.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-02-15 at 23:47.
Closed Thread