AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-25, 12:39   Link #61
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
:@RedFrame could you please remove that KAEDE FAN CLUB=KILL RIN thing, I don't agree with that and I'm sure KiNa, the KKK president will agree. Killing Rin is KKR's exclusive job
Following your order commander, as a KKK members...
Old 2005-12-25, 15:17   Link #62
MarmoO

I hated Rin since the first episode, when he said, standing next to Kaede "Don't take the wrong impression, she is Just my childhood friend", I don't have this episode, so I can't say what he said originally, but I hate ppl who use "just" when talking about other ppl, well, english is not my first language so it may be only me who finds this offensive. What makes me hate him, difference in behavior towards girls in 7(Asa) and 9(Sia) episodes, fuc*ing, inconsiderate polygamist. When Kaede was sick he only took care of her when she collapsed, if not, he probably would let her do all the work by herself, he never really tried to stop Kaede from acting like she did, he never tried to clear things between them, he took her as a maid for granted. The way he treated Primula, when sending her back made me mad. I’m not sure, but he has naver took a decision on his own, he was almost always relying on others. Episodes 19-20, I understand he wasn’t hungry, but he didn’t say that Kasede shouldn’t cook for him before she made a food for him, because he is going to eat outside, he didn’t show even a bit consideration for her hard work – just throw it away, throw away this, the result of your hard work, you made it for me? LOL, well it is a trash so it should be thrown away, you are a trash as well. The way he treated Kaede when playing tv game with Primula, at this moment I wanted to see this guy, see him dead. There were much more, but I don’t think there is a reason to bring it here, because for some ppl, shit-ppl like him will be always nice ones, as long, as they choose the one they like. (Btw, what makes me mad most is this, that such shithead is considered all the time as “yasashi Rin” “you are too kind" my ass, man, I hate it. I agree, that he changed after 20 episode, but it doesn’t mean I’m going to show such character even a bit of consideration.

Last edited by MarmoO; 2005-12-25 at 15:59.
Old 2005-12-25, 17:27   Link #63
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmoO
I hated Rin since the first episode, when he said, standing next to Kaede "Don't take the wrong impression, she is Just my childhood friend", I don't have this episode, so I can't say what he said originally, but I hate ppl who use "just" when talking about other ppl, well, english is not my first language so it may be only me who finds this offensive. What makes me hate him, difference in behavior towards girls in 7(Asa) and 9(Sia) episodes, fuc*ing, inconsiderate polygamist. When Kaede was sick he only took care of her when she collapsed, if not, he probably would let her do all the work by herself, he never really tried to stop Kaede from acting like she did, he never tried to clear things between them, he took her as a maid for granted. The way he treated Primula, when sending her back made me mad. I’m not sure, but he has naver took a decision on his own, he was almost always relying on others. Episodes 19-20, I understand he wasn’t hungry, but he didn’t say that Kasede shouldn’t cook for him before she made a food for him, because he is going to eat outside, he didn’t show even a bit consideration for her hard work – just throw it away, throw away this, the result of your hard work, you made it for me? LOL, well it is a trash so it should be thrown away, you are a trash as well. The way he treated Kaede when playing tv game with Primula, at this moment I wanted to see this guy, see him dead. There were much more, but I don’t think there is a reason to bring it here, because for some ppl, shit-ppl like him will be always nice ones, as long, as they choose the one they like. (Btw, what makes me mad most is this, that such shithead is considered all the time as “yasashi Rin” “you are too kind" my ass, man, I hate it. I agree, that he changed after 20 episode, but it doesn’t mean I’m going to show such character even a bit of consideration.
Um... Well.. you know I sympathize with you and perfectly understand your cause and your reasoning (after all I've repeated those same arguments countless times in the past and will, if need be, in the future), but this IS a Rin Appreciation thread, you could have just come to our KKR thread and post that there.
Old 2005-12-25, 18:15   Link #64
MarmoO

Quote:
Um... Well.. you know I sympathize with you and perfectly understand your cause and your reasoning (after all I've repeated those same arguments countless times in the past and will, if need be, in the future), but this IS a Rin Appreciation thread, you could have just come to our KKR thread and post that there.

well, I know, but ppl here are picturing “da Bastard” as almost flawless harem lead (“one of the best harem leads”, “he tried his best”, "bla, bla, bla…", so it's rather obvious that they are to biased to check KKR, right? . In that case I felt I was forced to remind some basic facts here, without any vicious intentions or something, of course .
Old 2005-12-25, 18:21   Link #65
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
well, I know, but ppl here are picturing “da Bastard” as almost flawless harem lead (“one of the best harem leads”, “he tried his best”, "bla, bla, bla…", so it's rather obvious that they are to biased to check KKR, right? . In that case I felt I was forced to remind some basic facts here, without any vicious intentions or something, of course .
I can't tell about the harem male lead argument, haven't watched many of those. But if he's a splendid harem male lead, I'm not going to watch older harem anime (thus preserving my peace of mind). But as I was saying, it's their thread, so we should leave our arguments for the main threads, if need be, and for our own. It's like I get into the AAA and start saying stuff about Rin and Asa. Even if I really believe I'm right, it's not appropriate. And I certainly wouldn't want them talking crap about Kaede on the KKK thread (as they have done on various occassions before the forum was hacked, I can remember one or two, not that I expect much from most of them, although there are some shining examples, mostly new people), so I try to be careful when posting on opposing threads
Old 2005-12-25, 20:23   Link #66
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
Quote:
You should seriously join the KKR...u'll make a great member...
Old 2005-12-25, 21:52   Link #67
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimen Scythe
You should seriously join the KKR...u'll make a great member...
Yes! You've already realized what a jerk Rin is, so join us at the KKR!
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26401
Old 2005-12-25, 23:43   Link #68
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Quote:
<snipped Rin hatred>
Girl, formatting, please. That almost made my eyes bleed. :/

That said, I *could* do the inverse of what npal has said he'd do, being argue the exact opposite to what you've said. Indeed, I've already done so, in incredible detail. But right now (largely since the database was destroyed etc) I'm not particularly fussed.

I'll just leave this with a few points: your perspective influences everything. The writers aren't out to please a single person in this forum's demographic. And this isn't the right thread.

I do read the KKR thread on occasion when I'm a tad bored/listless. I'm not a member of any particular 'club' - although if I was, I'd be a member of both the AAA and the KKK, as they are not in the least mutually exclusive. And I do like Rin, for a lot of detailed reasons that basically boil down to the fact that Rin is real.

I like that.

-Andiyar
Old 2005-12-26, 06:37   Link #69
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Quote:
I can't tell about the harem male lead argument, haven't watched many of those. But if he's a splendid harem male lead, I'm not going to watch older harem anime (thus preserving my peace of mind).
I appreciate your two cents here, but I'd also like to clear up something.

If Shuffle fans regard Rin as their ideal harem lead, then they are welcome to endorse that opinion, as the "facts" you gladly laid out beforehand could be interpreted in many ways, much like when Rin came out as an asshole to you in episode 1, and for me, a reply any other guy would give when 1)she really is just a childhood friend and 2)he didn't think any harm would come from such a nonchalant remark.

Though we do talk about the issue, I don't recall anyone proclaiming Rin as the ideal harem lead. (For me, Yukito wins the title, hands down.) Instead, Rin appeared to me as a character which I could relate to in some ways, and I liked him enough. Though Rin occasionally does stupid things, it's silly to change my opinion about him based only on those actions. There is a difference between tolerating and liking, and I liked Rin. As I've said before, when it comes to harem, that is no small thing.

I understand that a lot of Shuffle fans have different opinions about Rin, and that is why the charter is worded as it is now: that Rin is likeable, not the Ultimate Harem Lead, and encourages both positive and negative posts (as long as they all like the guy anyway). This place (I've yet to come up with a better word, since 'club', in this forum's case, implies that it requires utmost devotion for the guy ) was created to gather people who like Rin, and thinks all the slapping around is too much. :P
Old 2005-12-26, 11:11   Link #70
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
basically, if u hate Rin, u r most welcome in the KKR...
Old 2005-12-26, 11:45   Link #71
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
Quote:
basically, if u hate Rin, u r most welcome in the KKR...
the KKR president has spoken... O_o
come and fires up KKR thread.
" join you must "said by Master Yodi RedFrame hihihi... XD
Old 2005-12-26, 14:26   Link #72
Keluangman

oh! a rin apprieciation club!!!! me join =]
from my point of view he is decent
and if compared with a few other harem leads he is better
i understand the rin hate going around i just hope *they* dont take it too far
no ones perfect not even in anime even dreams
Old 2005-12-26, 14:42   Link #73
MarmoO

Quote:
i just hope *they* dont take it too far
Are you talking about my vodoo doll made especially for Rin?

Quote:
1)she really is just a childhood friend and 2)he didn't think any harm would come from such a nonchalant remark.
He said it standing next to her, for me those words made him a cold hearted piece of bastard and it made a good background for his actions in 19&20 episode "you are just a bother my dear childhood friend, get lost b*tch". At last I got a game today so I can change few things at least .

Last edited by MarmoO; 2005-12-26 at 15:54.
Old 2005-12-26, 17:45   Link #74
cry
Berry Bunny

i usually find that male leaders are annoying (takayuki grom kgne, and ESPECIALLY manaka junpei from ichigo 100%) but Rin is fine.
Of course he's a male leader so he HAVE to be indecisive (grrr), but i think that finally, he's human and realistic. i hate perfect characters.
His behaviour with kaede is really interesting, first a very kind aspect of him is showned with nerine , primula or sia, but in fact he has defaults and can be blind. When he realised the pain he caused to kaede, he changed.
Without it, he couldn't have a good start with the girl he loves (asa).
i liked the fact that he didn't take three years to pick a girl...
Old 2005-12-26, 18:09   Link #75
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

ugh...dont remind of KGNE...damned Takayuki...
Old 2005-12-26, 18:33   Link #76
evil-samurai

Well I dont Appreciate Rin, nor do I really want him to die (hmmm. well somtimes I do ) ~> Though I do Appreciate some characters The! Two! Kings!

I like his some of his Core Charater, (design,voice) They way he laughs with Isuki is Great, he does alot of times treat girls well but the way he handeled many things is laughable Sometimes I think he did a Good job and others times he is the King of the As*holes when handling situations.

Well Rin will be a as*hole for not treating Kaede (and other girls too) well at times of need, so no matter if I was just a fan of Shuffle or a particalur character I cant appreciatite such a character for treating a person who was so important in his life so poorly.
"It not always what you do its the way you do it" and for Rin they is so much to say about this either way you put that line

You could be the nicest guy in the world as well as being a toally as*hole at the same time. So in all Rin is far from a Character I would Appreciate.

Well crisis as you mentioned the "Ultimate Harem Lead" A Great harem lead is hard to find I think and at the moment in Canvas 2 I think there is a good Realistic male lead overall (Hiroki), he acts nice but also thinks about what he does, so I think if you like or even really hate Rin watch Canvas 2 and I think that you will find you will like Hiroki character or atl east the way he acts around the girls.

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2005-12-27 at 09:15.
Old 2005-12-26, 19:23   Link #77
Asa-Fan
*~Sami the Pizza Girl~*

Send a message via ICQ to Asa-Fan Send a message via MSN to Asa-Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Asa-Fan
I've returned to wach ofer Rin-sama with all the club members
Old 2005-12-26, 22:08   Link #78
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

u're wasting ur time then...Rin doesnt need appreciation...
Old 2005-12-26, 23:50   Link #79
Keluangman

Quote:
u're wasting ur time then...Rin doesnt need appreciation...
and i am sure you are wasting yours too.. saying it here
Old 2005-12-26, 23:52   Link #80
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

i kno i kno...but the truce is over...and i was bored...but that was my previous self...i am bound by the human condition...
Closed Thread