AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-01-08, 06:26   Link #1281
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
Aaw, too bad. I really looked forward to hotblood gaming with JAM in the background.
At least with this you can hope that Little Meteor put more effort with the extra time they gained to the game so that it'll be more detailed when it's released.
Old 2013-01-08, 07:38   Link #1282
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

I heard that Raptor, Shiranui, Gekishin will be available to play. Time to create a TSF squadron for ourselves?

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 09:58   Link #1283
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

RAPTOR. ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES.

... who am I kidding, I'm a Malaysian. I'll fly a Gekishit and pretend it's a Phabulous Phantom and die quickly.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 10:12   Link #1284
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

wish the game have a thunderbolt II ..... from group of A 10 II call themselves "Pit Masters"
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 10:27   Link #1285
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Wishing for a Gripen is probably a bit much... so I'd go for a Raptor most likely.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 20:16   Link #1286
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

... who am I kidding, I'm a Malaysian. I'll fly a Gekishit and pretend it's a Phabulous Phantom and die quickly.
>implying Malaysians cannot into badass 47E or even Black Widow.
Dude don't let us down man.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-01-08, 20:56   Link #1287
Ray
Garnet

What, no Berkut? But I'm Russian! I want a Berkut! No, I don't care that two people have to pilot it. I. Just. Want. A. Berkut!
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 21:14   Link #1288
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
>implying Malaysians cannot into badass 47E or even Black Widow.
Dude don't let us down man.
We COULD be badass enough. But you know how our govt is - buy cheapskate shit at high prices to line Najib's pockets.

Let's not forget how the Army bought Adnan IFVs and DIDN'T BUY SPARE PARTS.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-01-08, 21:29   Link #1289
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
We COULD be badass enough. But you know how our govt is - buy cheapskate shit at high prices to line Najib's pockets.

Let's not forget how the Army bought Adnan IFVs and DIDN'T BUY SPARE PARTS.
Maybe the threat of getting CHOMP by giant alien beings should get us some better military equipment?

The government is stupid,but not that stupid....I think
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 22:54   Link #1290
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

It's the Malaysian government. Never underestimate their ability to be stupid. Why, the Next Generation Patrol Vessels were purchased, ridiculously expensive, and UNARMED!

Granted, Fitted For But Not With is hardly a Malaysian defense procurement issue (I'm looking at you, Royal Navy...)

Edit: Holy fuck, there's a new TSFiA translated. You can find it here.

I'll just say this: Remember those A-10As in Hamburg? The ones who fought to the last man, dying where they stood?

They didn't all die.

"I do believe that few infestations exist in this world that a big gun and lots of bullets cannot solve." - Doctor 1.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-01-08 at 23:24.
Old 2013-01-09, 00:45   Link #1291
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Quote:

Don't bring down my Malaysian hopes man... D:
MitchelJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 01:28   Link #1292
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
It's the Malaysian government. Never underestimate their ability to be stupid. Why, the Next Generation Patrol Vessels were purchased, ridiculously expensive, and UNARMED!

Granted, Fitted For But Not With is hardly a Malaysian defense procurement issue (I'm looking at you, Royal Navy...)

I'll just say this: Remember those A-10As in Hamburg? The ones who fought to the last man, dying where they stood?

They didn't all die.

"I do believe that few infestations exist in this world that a big gun and lots of bullets cannot solve." - Doctor 1.

KANNONENDOKTOR!

Alright don't forget them RMAF has some Mig-29's.
We can assume they're Lastochka's right? Right? T_T

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-01-09, 01:35   Link #1293
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:

They didn't all die.

actually, me and the translator-kun were embarrassed to realize we translated the name of the A-10C unit in question wrong. The A-10C unit was actually named Kanonendoktor (cannon doctors in english) in the story and is an West German unit as indicated by the Iron cross on the A-10C pictured in the TSFIA article in question(now available for view on the wiki page).
And as to why an implied American Veteran is leading a German unit, theories are abound on 4chan. From being an Old veteran quitting the US Army to fight for the land his Band of brothers have died defending and to fight alongside the Europeans he have come to love, to the possibility that this man is in fact one of the German boys who grew up and eventually returned to continue the legacy of the Thunderbolt II and the American heroes he wishes to emulate. Also since the A-10C are believed to be on loan to the Germans by the US, it could mean that the squadron consists of veteran soldiers exchanges for the purpose of mentoring and training the west Germans on forming their own dedicated TSA attack squadrons. either way Age will probably never explain why and in the end it really doesn't matter.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 02:22   Link #1294
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
actually, me and the translator-kun were embarrassed to realize we translated the name of the A-10C unit in question wrong. The A-10C unit was actually named Kanonendoktor (cannon doctors in english) in the story and is an West German unit as indicated by the Iron cross on the A-10C pictured in the TSFIA article in question(now available for view on the wiki page).
And as to why an implied American Veteran is leading a German unit, theories are abound on 4chan. From being an Old veteran quitting the US Army to fight for the land his Band of brothers have died defending and to fight alongside the Europeans he have come to love, to the possibility that this man is in fact one of the German boys who grew up and eventually returned to continue the legacy of the Thunderbolt II and the American heroes he wishes to emulate. Also since the A-10C are believed to be on loan to the Germans by the US, it could mean that the squadron consists of veteran soldiers exchanges for the purpose of mentoring and training the west Germans on forming their own dedicated TSA attack squadrons. either way Age will probably never explain why and in the end it really doesn't matter.
Or it's really just an American defense unit that happened tasked there by the UN.
Old 2013-01-09, 02:43   Link #1295
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Or it's really just an American defense unit that happened tasked there by the UN.
While that would make the most sense, is not the case as Age choose to give the unit 's name in German. and as i mentioned before. the symbol of the German Bundeswehr- the iron cross, can be clearly seen on the a-10s in this story.

and the unit patch of the A-10C in question.
as you can see its clearly labeled as the Bundeswehr which is the West German Army
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 03:00   Link #1296
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
While that would make the most sense, is not the case as Age choose to give the unit 's name in German. and as i mentioned before. the symbol of the German Bundeswehr- the iron cross, can be clearly seen on the a-10s in this story.and the unit patch of the A-10C in question.
as you can see its clearly labeled as the Bundeswehr which is the West German Army
Could be a UN pilot using a German A-10C, as an American retired working for the Euro Front is quite impossible. American peoples pride is too high to serve as another nation's soldier(except under special circumstances), so I think "An American pilot on duty using German's A-10C" is the most likely to happen.
Old 2013-01-09, 04:06   Link #1297
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchelJohn View Post
Our government may be stupid,but even stupid people will know where to throw money when they about to get fucked by alien.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 06:49   Link #1298
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Quote:
KANNONENDOKTOR!

Well... can't say the same for our SU 30MKM's though :U
MitchelJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 07:20   Link #1299
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

Quote:
KANNONENDOKTOR!

The baseline MiG-29 is the Lastochka. It's the upgraded MiG-29OVT that's designated as Fulcrum.

Quote:
All that matters is that this man saw all of his friends die, is probably a sole survivor, and went through a horrific and extremely traumatizing experience.

And he volunteers to face certain death, so that others may live - and all his troops will follow him into the jaws of death.

His mind isn't steel, it's goddamned depleted uranium.

...also, if it's okay with you, I have a sudden desire to start editing the TSFiA pages for grammar and punctuation and the like. <_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Our government may be stupid,but even stupid people will know where to throw money when they about to get fucked by alien.
I'm a pessimist. I'm pretty sure Najib would prioritize holding onto his money rather than survival.

Then again, as of 2001 Malaysian and Singaporean forces are holding okay, so I assume this means that Dr. Mahatir and Lee Kuan Yew are running the show, and have - if not buried the hatchet - at least called a temporary truce. Both men were, when all was said and done, realists.

So I suppose in Alternative Malaysia, Wawasan 2020 is less on becoming a 1st World country and more about building a 1st World army.

Quote:
Well... can't say the same for our SU 30MKM's though :U
Pretty sure the Su-30MKM doesn't exist in Alternative; looking at what's been shown so far, I think the Su-37M2 would fit it's particular role. And to be fair, the Su-30MKI/MKM series are essentially an attempt to make a more realistic, relevant and affordable Su-37 for mass production.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-01-09, 08:19   Link #1300
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

The baseline MiG-29 is the Lastochka. It's the upgraded MiG-29OVT that's designated as Fulcrum.

All that matters is that this man saw all of his friends die, is probably a sole survivor, and went through a horrific and extremely traumatizing experience.

And he volunteers to face certain death, so that others may live - and all his troops will follow him into the jaws of death.

His mind isn't steel, it's goddamned depleted uranium.

...also, if it's okay with you, I have a sudden desire to start editing the TSFiA pages for grammar and punctuation and the like. <_<

I'm a pessimist. I'm pretty sure Najib would prioritize holding onto his money rather than survival.

Then again, as of 2001 Malaysian and Singaporean forces are holding okay, so I assume this means that Dr. Mahatir and Lee Kuan Yew are running the show, and have - if not buried the hatchet - at least called a temporary truce. Both men were, when all was said and done, realists.

So I suppose in Alternative Malaysia, Wawasan 2020 is less on becoming a 1st World country and more about building a 1st World army.
Alt. Malaysia? Apparently the BETAs aren't here yet, so I guess we got lucky.

About the Mig's, I sure hope it's Lastochka's. Lest be be stuck with vanilla Hornets and some random jets.

柚香マイワイフ!<3

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto