AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 16 34.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 27.66%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 12.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 17.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-18, 20:52   Link #121
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
You make a good point here. I think I would have shown characters a bit more bloodied up. Maybe have someone end up with an arm-cast, have someone else start a wearing an eye-patch (implying a serious eye injury).
There's a problem with that: budget.
Old 2014-01-22, 03:06   Link #122
AP24

The first season and Refrain were 3-cours altogether. They should have made them 4-cours in total so that each character arc had 1 or 2 more episodes and some scenes didn't have to be cut out.
Old 2014-01-23, 08:15   Link #123
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
The first season and Refrain were 3-cours altogether. They should have made them 4-cours in total so that each character arc had 1 or 2 more episodes and some scenes didn't have to be cut out.
I'll be quoting myself on this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
There's a problem with that: budget.
But yeah, 3-cours was just a bare short of "too short to be enjoyable".
Old 2014-02-19, 06:58   Link #124
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I felt that the whole last episode could have been a bit better. There was a lacking moment of tension in the whole rescue thing.

This was missing:

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2014-02-21, 09:59   Link #125
Semi-Otaku

It was perfect ending, but left me with emptiness. I don't know how I can explain that though.
Old 2014-02-21, 23:28   Link #126
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi-Otaku View Post
It was perfect ending, but left me with emptiness. I don't know how I can explain that though.
Well there is still EX content

Last edited by Leo_Otaku; 2014-02-22 at 00:03.
Old 2014-02-22, 08:38   Link #127
Semi-Otaku

Quote:
Well there is still EX content
I will watch it then.
Old 2014-04-06, 08:07   Link #128
Vegard Aune

This might be a bit tangential, but I see a lot of people saying how Maeda's endings (excluding Air) seem to be way too upbeat and happy considering all the tragedy leading up to them...
This just makes me wonder, how many here have read his original manga-series, Hibiki's Magic? Because one thing I've noticed there is, the endings to each story do tend to be a lot more bittersweet than what we normally get in the visual novels. I mean, I can't right off the bat think of any examples of chapters ending on a total downer, but at the same time, whenever one of the more serious chapters pops up (aka, any chapter that isn't just "The academy falls under the influence of some unstable magic experiment") the outcomes generally tend to lean more towards just "let's try and help them cope with whatever bad things happened to them" rather than "let's somehow render the tragedy completely irrelevant "

...Oh and on the topic of this ending... yeah it was a bit too happy in a way. I mean, it's not that I wanted to see everyone but Rin and Riki die in a fire, but having everyone not only surviving, but completely recovering after just a couple of months, does kinda undermine some of the drama from before... Though I don't mind too much. It's just another case where I do enjoy the ending we got but there's a part of me that feels like a more bittersweet ending (say, they get the classmates out of the fire but Kyousuke still dies or something) might have been more fitting. Just like how there's a part of me that kinda feels like Clannad AS should have ended at episode 19.
Old 2014-04-06, 23:21   Link #129
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
This might be a bit tangential, but I see a lot of people saying how Maeda's endings (excluding Air) seem to be way too upbeat and happy considering all the tragedy leading up to them...
This just makes me wonder, how many here have read his original manga-series, Hibiki's Magic? Because one thing I've noticed there is, the endings to each story do tend to be a lot more bittersweet than what we normally get in the visual novels. I mean, I can't right off the bat think of any examples of chapters ending on a total downer, but at the same time, whenever one of the more serious chapters pops up (aka, any chapter that isn't just "The academy falls under the influence of some unstable magic experiment") the outcomes generally tend to lean more towards just "let's try and help them cope with whatever bad things happened to them" rather than "let's somehow render the tragedy completely irrelevant "

...Oh and on the topic of this ending... yeah it was a bit too happy in a way. I mean, it's not that I wanted to see everyone but Rin and Riki die in a fire, but having everyone not only surviving, but completely recovering after just a couple of months, does kinda undermine some of the drama from before... Though I don't mind too much. It's just another case where I do enjoy the ending we got but there's a part of me that feels like a more bittersweet ending (say, they get the classmates out of the fire but Kyousuke still dies or something) might have been more fitting. Just like how there's a part of me that kinda feels like Clannad AS should have ended at episode 19.
I believe a lot to do with it is because he works for KEY and not just himself. AIR's ending wasn't as well received to game players, so my thinking is he is almost told to make a happy, happy endings. I do se a big difference in projects he works on alone as opposed to KEY works.

I really hate how Miyuki's death is really underplayed. I think they could have gone into lengths to mention she died. I really liked her. I agree that their should have been a student or two that maybe even lost a leg.
Old 2014-04-13, 18:07   Link #130
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Key sad/bad endings have also often proved themselves to be just as contrived as their happy endings. For the same reason, since the late game tragedy is forced, leading to a mediocre conclusion no matter what. There's one that hasn't been adapted into anime that I won't care to spoil much here, but it just felt very flat and phoned in.

Little Busters would be one of the ones that comes off as acceptable and I have a greater respect for the writing although other works suffered from adaptation problems. I'll just leave it at that.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread