AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-29, 14:40   Link #381
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

O man, this Chihaya episode was definitely teasing her backstory. I wonder if it will be revealed sometime later down the road...

Other than that, that A capella version of Aoi Tori was beautiful, and even better it also doubled as the ED of this episode.

If anyone is interested, here's a video of the full version of Aoi Tori.

Old 2011-07-29, 16:09   Link #382
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Hamzou to the rescue! Takane was great with her obsession over the costume.
Old 2011-07-29, 17:32   Link #383
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Love this episode. Chihaya's quickly becoming one of my favorites alongside Yayoi, Hibiki, and Iori. Beach episode next week~

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 17:46   Link #384
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

This thread needs more GO MY WAY!!~
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 18:49   Link #385
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

My impressions.

-Takane LOVES dat drog outfit.

-Once again, they seem to emphasizing the low key set up that 765 is initially going through. And emphasizing that what they're doing is actually pretty plebeian, focusing on practice and that their first few jobs are unglamorous that don't cater awesome food. It seems distinct from K-on! where the first few episodes seemed to focus on the girls not focusing on the difficulty in having a rock band, but more of them sitting around eating cake. I like this approach better.

-The TV producer is bloody incomprehensible to anyone who isn't a rodent. Fortunately Ganaha can talk to rodents. Who has already watched the show.

-The president is easily frazzled and excitable. Kotori is a queen of Zettai Ryouki.

-Ganaha>>>Chiyaha at physical tasks

-Isn't a clumsy girl. She's a positive girl.

-Based on where the camera men are orienting their camera's, it's obvious what kind of show this is.

-Chihaya is the embodiment of stoic. And is crazily obsessed with singing (and her obsession shows in the quality of her singing).

-Chihaya is apparently capable of smiling. Rather happily. Though it seems she's ultimately a melancholic figure in this show.

preview: Beach episode next week. And though we got a lovely view of the two heavy hitters, Ritsuko has kinda caught my eyes more.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 18:53   Link #386
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I still believe that most people are simply not exposed to the wonders of the royal breed of the Fruit Kings.
EXACTLY. And that's what makes them venerable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It's like eating caramel-laced cream with an overwhelming sweetness complemented by an extremely mild, almost non-existent bitter depth to prevent the taste from being completely one-sided sweetness.
But it's the smell that somehow gets to people... I don't know, I simply can't smell anything bad... KEHHEHEH...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I can stand them (having been exposed to some incredibly large ones almost a foot and a half long), but 'sweet aroma'? Hell no. I can eat Durian in candy form though.
I've seen it in cake form and pancake form...It's still pretty much the same... Just more expensive and chilled >.>

I really can't smell anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Dude, you're basically talking about rest of the world outside of SEA there
EXACTLY!

WORLD-FRICKING-DOMINATION BABY!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 18:59   Link #387
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The show may be fragmenting its cast a bit (a necessity, given the size), but it is moving itself along. In the span of four weeks, they've gone from lounging around the studio to preparing themselves photos so they can get jobs, from a local gig, to a spot on TV. The beach episode looks to be some R&R after their first two jobs, but they're moving up the ladder in the way most personalities do.
Though it's equally possible they're on another job. Albeit one that's a bit more comfortable than their last venture out into the country.

And damn. I think I just figured out how Takane gained her stature and bust!
Old 2011-07-29, 19:17   Link #388
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
It seems distinct from K-on! where the first few episodes seemed to focus on the girls not focusing on the difficulty in having a rock band, but more of them sitting around eating cake.
This can largely be attributed to setting. This show is set an agency, so anyone who joined there must have done so with their career in mind. (Variances aside). Whereas K-ON! involves a school club that its members mostly joined for fun and socializing amongst themselves as much as their fans.

Nothing wrong with either approach, but each is built upon the kind of story it's trying to tell. Not to mention that, while they're both part of the entertainment industry, being an idol singer and being a musician/singer/songwriter involve slightly different kinds of people to make them happen. As an example, Yui and company have all the choice in the world to decide the outfit for their next stage show (with some bargaining), but the 765 girls have to wear what management tells them to (with some bargaining).
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 19:48   Link #389
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I guess you could say it's a bit of a matter of being fatigued with anime that focus predominantly around high school life. Personally I don't find characters engaging in highschool socializing as interesting as the socializing that they do in a professional background. That's one reason I've been liking Hanasaku Iroha so much. Despite most of the main characters being High School Girls, the emphasis is on them doing other things and their relationships developing along those lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Nothing wrong with either approach, but each is built upon the kind of story it's trying to tell. Not to mention that, while they're both part of the entertainment industry, being an idol singer and being a musician/singer/songwriter involve slightly different kinds of people to make them happen. As an example, Yui and company have all the choice in the world to decide the outfit for their next stage show (with some bargaining), but the 765 girls have to wear what management tells them to (with some bargaining).
That's not entirely what my beef was. Nor is it really an excuse.

While the Light music club isn't professional like 765...lets be honest. Even if you're not doing something as an amateur, if you don't want it to be crap you gotta put an incredible amount of energy into it. Lots of people form bands and just kinda goof around, but also remember that most bands suck. So at least from my perspective it seemed inappropriate to focus more on the girls doing moe things with eachother (like eating sweets and gushing over them) rather than the nitty gritty aspects of being in a band. Pro or not, doing something like this and not having it sucks takes work.

This doesn't mean that people who enjoyed K-on shouldn't enjoy Ko-n. I'm just pointing out that Ko-n and Idolm@ster are really entirely different kinds of shows, and it's Idolm@ster being a different kind of show than k-on as being a major reason why I'm liking it so far.
Old 2011-07-29, 22:32   Link #390
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Chihaya, Takane, Azusa, Miki, Hibiki, and Makoto...

Anyway, while it may seem like it's goofing off a bit and not "serious", this does show how becoming an idol isn't exactly quick and easy, which is nice while still being able to be funny/cute/etc.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 22:58   Link #391
mifunehonda

There is the person who make Aoi Tori English version, and sings.
I am sorry not to understand ways of link well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnwYriB1l7g

Last edited by mifunehonda; 2011-07-29 at 23:42.
mifunehonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 12:58   Link #392
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Wow, that was pretty decent. ^

and rofl, I just noticed that the host with the puppet was wearing a full-on black body suit. xD
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 14:19   Link #393
twinklestar
anime fanbot..LOL!

Really love this anime.
twinklestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 15:09   Link #394
Midonin
Last Engage

Looks like the simulcasting starts from the very first episode. I can still give the videos some hits, though. All the better to support. A bit late in the game, but I must persist. Even as the shows deviate, I can find some common ground.

Midonin's The Two iDOLM@STERs Comparison Diary
Week Four

iM@S
Haruka gets involved a cooking competition that's shown to the public. Any errors made with the dishes (such as tripping when carrying them) are shown to an audience of...let's say tens. Problems involved with being an Idol happen behind the scenes, mostly involving Haruka's fellow worker, Chihaya. Frog costumes are involved. The producer realizes he doesn't know much about the girls.

Xenoglossia
Haruka and her new dorm mates have a cooking party that takes place in private. Issues with the food (such as tripping while carrying it) have their consequences in private. Problems involved with being an Idol Master (such as letting one rock split into two and head towards the Earth with intent to collide), are seen before the audience of the entire planet, mostly involving Haruka's fellow worker, Iori. Chicken costumes are involved. The girls realize they don't know much about their robots.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 02:29   Link #395
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... well, I enjoyed the episode. (7/10 vote for ep 4 from me.) I like this kind of slice of life material, and the subject matter being an idol agency and idols appeals to me for some reason. I agree that depicting the difficulties of an idol in making it big often involve such ...erm ... "undramatic" work. "heh:

That being said, Chihaya and the rest were fine and all ... but for me it was Haruka who "stole the ep" for me for some reason.
Old 2011-07-31, 02:43   Link #396
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Megami
Old 2011-08-01, 04:45   Link #397
jcdietz03

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
and rofl, I just noticed that the host with the puppet was wearing a full-on black body suit. xD
Apparently that's where ninja costumes (found in popular media) come from.

From TVTropes/Ninja:
"The classic ninja costume is, in fact, the outfit worn by stagehands in traditional Japanese theatre."

LOL @ Kero Channel Producer
KeroPro: It's got to be like boom, bang, pow!
765Pro: I understand.

Quote:
-Based on where the camera men are orienting their camera's, it's obvious what kind of show this is.
Maybe they are trying to make fun of themselves. This show (iDOLM@ASTER) doesn't show panty shots but there's plenty of other fanservice.

I like Chihaya's out-of-character line: totta-gero~!

Didn't know what a Durian was. I've never had one. I'm pretty sure they're not available on the US east coast where I live.

Mood whiplash will be the norm for this show, I think.

Last edited by jcdietz03; 2011-08-01 at 05:08.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 07:50   Link #398
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
Didn't know what a Durian was. I've never had one. I'm pretty sure they're not available on the US east coast where I live.
OT: Durian, I'm sure, are usually found in the fruit section of Asian supermarkets and grocery stores. I swear, they're strong as a skunk's bomb, yet it's surprisingly sweet, whether fresh or made as jam.
Old 2011-08-01, 07:57   Link #399
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post

Mood whiplash will be the norm for this show, I think.
It's good to know you like to try it but it's too bad you can't import them due to it's odor. While there are Durian farms in Florida and Hawaii, i recommend you try Durians grown in South East Asia.
Old 2011-08-01, 10:10   Link #400
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
O god, finger toes at the end when she's listening to CD's, cannot ever unsee.

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s