AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-31, 16:30   Link #761
calubin_175

While the h-game industry is dying, it appears that h-game magazine publishers are also suffering. Here is tech-gian article on how poor one of the editor is:

http://www.techgian.jp/official/news/

If that's the case, Schwarzmarken better move to Dengeki or something. Kadokawa is also merging all of its subsidiaries into one company, which includes ASCII(Dengeki) and Enterbrain(Famitsu, Tech Gian).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...into-1-company
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 18:53   Link #762
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

One of the reasons H-games are getting less popular now is because a large number of them are pretty formulaic: Romantic comedy or guro/horror. It doesn't even feel like most of them are trying. The really popular ones actually don't -need- to be H in order to sell anymore (EG Da Capo, To Heart), and the others don't usually have anything notable enough to attract an audience.

About the only thing an H-game can claim (other than H-scenes) would be something that you can't pull off in mainstream games. EG they have to have a story that can really mess with your head in ways a PG-ratedgame can't. And not all of it need be erotic material, but it would need ot be directed at a mature audience.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 20:12   Link #763
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Sounds like a long long time more for TDA 03. Oh wells.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 20:21   Link #764
calubin_175

Anyway, I hope they will some day release a fat figure of Kasumi, like Fatsune Mikudayo.
Old 2013-03-31, 20:53   Link #765
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark
Sounds like a long long time more for TDA 03. Oh wells.
- I wonder if this means that TDA03 will have a completely different character artist as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175 View Post
Anyway, I hope they will some day release a fat figure of Kasumi, like Fatsune Mikudayo.
WHAT.
Old 2013-04-01, 00:17   Link #766
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
BTW grevierr, do you have a garage kit version of the recently released Shiranui Second Phase 1? Is the sculpt identical to the A3 Type-94 1C or based on the A3 joint strike package version?
Hi, Got my Toaru Nigata no Railgun in today.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 00:22   Link #767
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Quote:
ಠ_ಠ

Nice 1-C you got that grevierr , need to individually paint the parts eh..?
MitchelJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 05:21   Link #768
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Okay, I get paid tomorrow, so that means I can now order my 1/144 Strike Eag...
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/rev...-2825&page=top
SOLD OUT

....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----------
Old 2013-04-02, 05:58   Link #769
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Says back ordered, so will have stock soon...
Or you can try HLJ.
http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYKP-231

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2013-04-02, 15:26   Link #770
calubin_175

Wow is it that popular, hope they will make a non-scale with gun sweeper load out.

Upon seeing this model was what made me start liking Muv-Luv even though I was watching the TE anime and did not know TSFs beforehand. Overall, the Strike Eagle with its head design alludes to a space marine from Hollywood Sci-Fi, such as Starship Troopers.
Old 2013-04-02, 17:06   Link #771
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
About the only thing an H-game can claim (other than H-scenes) would be something that you can't pull off in mainstream games. EG they have to have a story that can really mess with your head in ways a PG-ratedgame can't. And not all of it need be erotic material, but it would need ot be directed at a mature audience.
I think some of the writers just aren't trying hard enough to make the 18+ elements actually mean something to the story so as to be indispensable to it. An older Leaf game like Tenshi no inai 12-gatsu is in this category because its story began with its characters ending up in sexual situations because they had little else to live for, and then discover how much further they have to fall when going down that path. I'm sure newer writers can come up with stuff like this that examines issues and themes pretty well.

Sometimes the adult elements aren't always the sexual ones, though. A recent up-and-comer in the H-game world, Innocent Grey, really likes to put its characters through bloody deaths and refuses to censor those elements, so its works have never received console ports. And yet I remember reading that its h-elements in several of its games are more or less tacked on and leave you with the feeling of "what, no buildup? Why bother then?"--yet they still keep putting those elements in.

I wonder where exactly the MuvLuv h-games fall on this scale.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 03:05   Link #772
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

In other news, I'm puzzling my way through amiami in an attempt to buy the Prominence and UN 3rd Army patches.

The official TE Prominence Jacket will cost me over RM500; however if I buy the patches it'll cost me 100, and I can find a jacket of that type for around RM160-260 from a Singapore shop called Black Tactical. There's also mentions of some supply stores in Damansara and Puncak Jalil, so I'll head there to get the plain jacket. And maybe some blue combat pants.

Can't afford boots just yet, but I do have some shoes that look similar - maybe I'll get shoe dye, or spray paint then black.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 03:15   Link #773
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
In other news, I'm puzzling my way through amiami in an attempt to buy the Prominence and UN 3rd Army patches.

The official TE Prominence Jacket will cost me over RM500; however if I buy the patches it'll cost me 100, and I can find a jacket of that type for around RM160-260 from a Singapore shop called Black Tactical. There's also mentions of some supply stores in Damansara and Puncak Jalil, so I'll head there to get the plain jacket. And maybe some blue combat pants.

Can't afford boots just yet, but I do have some shoes that look similar - maybe I'll get shoe dye, or spray paint then black.
Actually if you are coming down to SGP to buy, you should get it from the Army Market at Beach Road. Boots are like 70+ sgd as well there.

Drop me a PM if you come by.

Old 2013-04-09, 03:59   Link #774
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

I suggest getting the patches done by the local clothes shop.Just send them the sample logos of the patches and they will do the rest.

You know where they use the machine to make stitchings on the shirts and other clothing.I've done it before with my school/club logo and it looks nice.Might save you the money for the boots.
Old 2013-04-09, 04:33   Link #775
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

The design archive that YF19EX posted a few weeks ago is on pre-order at amiami!

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...%24pagecnt%3D1

I am so pre-ordering it! :U
Old 2013-04-09, 04:45   Link #776
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Thanks for the heads up. Placed my order.

Old 2013-04-09, 21:04   Link #777
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Actually if you are coming down to SGP to buy, you should get it from the Army Market at Beach Road. Boots are like 70+ sgd as well there.

Drop me a PM if you come by.
I would, but I can't, sadly. Took out a study load a few years ago and I haven't finished paying it off; till then, my passport is blacklisted and can't be renewed.

Don't suppose I could send you a check and get you to buy them for me? ;D

Currently looking at this jacket and this other option; the former is cheaper but only in XXL, while the latter is in L and XL but is twice the price. First jackets I've seen of the same type as the TE jackets.

Alternately, I'll try this store nearish to my house; they apparently do a lot of business with police and other parties. Maybe I can find a similar jacket there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchelJohn View Post
I suggest getting the patches done by the local clothes shop.Just send them the sample logos of the patches and they will do the rest.

You know where they use the machine to make stitchings on the shirts and other clothing.I've done it before with my school/club logo and it looks nice.Might save you the money for the boots.
Hmmm, thanks for the idea. Maybe I'll go shopping around... know any good shops near the Puchong area? Or any shops at all?

Though it looks like I may have to seriously put all these plans on hold, because I was driving today and realised that with my eyes relaxed, even while wearing my glasses, or when I was squinting, the world was all blurry. Laptop screen and spedometer are clear, rest of the world blurry. Looks like I'll need new glasses first.

So yeah, this is my recreation plan for this year: 1) lose weight; 2) make a sucessful TE cosplay.

I've actually got two concepts. Concept 1 is canon TE: that means jacket, blue combat pants, black boots, and a black T-shirt worn underneath. Plus maybe some clip on shades for that aviator look. XD

Concept 2 is what I call Class B equivalent: TE jacket, blue dress pants, and a black button-up collared shirt, with UN rank insignia on the collars, and dress shoes. If I can't get all the stuff for Concept 1, I'm going with concept 2, since I have everything but the jacket.

And of course, pictures will come. Sadly, I'm not a cute girl, so be prepared for brain bleach! (Nah, I'll just look like some pudgy REMF, and not a badass pilot.)

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 08:42   Link #778
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h174006587
So close. YET SO FAR.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 23:35   Link #779
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Btw have an extra copy of MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE TSF CROSS OPERATION vol3 that was bought by mistake by a relative from Japan. If anyone wants to buy it PM me.

Old 2013-04-11, 00:06   Link #780
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Btw have an extra copy of MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE TSF CROSS OPERATION vol3 that was bought by mistake by a relative from Japan. If anyone wants to buy it PM me.
M-must not be tempted... D: