AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-13, 21:55   Link #4141
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
Are you saying there was no logical period, before and during the fight, that he could have used mist dispersal successfully but chose not to due to his limitations? Because I believe without his limitations, there would have been no fight in the first place.
Well, there clearly was, but it remains a fact that he chose not to do so, but not because of his limitations (his seal) or his restrictions (mist dispersal, Material Burst). I think, and this is only speculation, Tatsuya wanted to personally confront Lina and talk to her. Something along that line since nothing else seems to make sense.

As for the bold, I hope you recall that I said that as well in my previous post.
Old 2013-04-13, 21:59   Link #4142
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
Let's end it here. This is a endless spiral we been here many times before and no one ever wins it just more heated and heated because everyone thinks they are right and them it gets personal, so let's drop it.
I find it really interesting to read the different interpretations of the same thing. It makes me reread the novel with different mindsets and that's not bad, is it?
Old 2013-04-13, 22:07   Link #4143
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
I find it really interesting to read the different interpretations of the same thing. It makes me reread the novel with different mindsets and that's not bad, is it?
True but the mindsets have been stated, now it's getting to prove the other one wrong on a theoretical of a event the already happened (in the web arc).
Old 2013-04-13, 22:12   Link #4144
millie10468

Quote:
True but the mindsets have been stated, now it's getting to prove the other one wrong on a theoretical of a event the already happened (in the web arc).
Point taken.

But I should point out that this is all we can do until we get something new to read. Unless you have something else we can talk about?
Old 2013-04-13, 22:14   Link #4145
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
Tatsuya was factoring in his own abilities at the time, he was talking about that specific battle against her in which he had no way of accessing half of his powers.

That's what I meant.

And it's not that simple to use Mist Dispersion, yeah he can use it on just a part of her but that's an extremely difficult magic and against someone of Lina's caliber it's most definitely very difficult to hit her where he wants(she's not going to just sit there and let him hit her, she's a moving target) to otherwise he might get her in the head or something and she will die.

This is his birth magic we're talking about. He can use it like his hands and feet. He doesn't even need to see his target thanks to his Elemental Sight.

Tatsuya was caught off guard, she pulled a CAD that he didn't expect her to even have, he didn't want to kill her, he couldn't use half of his power. I'm not saying he would've 100% won otherwise, what i'm saying is, the outcome of that battle between them if it was to death and both could use all of their abilities is unknown.
Off guard?

Spoiler for Summary:

He had already deduced her weapon's capabilities before he gave chase. The seal probably didn't even make a difference. Mist Dispersal is still lethal and Lina didn't have any defense against it. The only way the seal could've made a difference is if it affected his casting speed.

As I said before, due to the nature of Mist Dispersal it only takes one shot to kill or incapacitate. So whether he had the intent to kill or not didn't really make any difference in his fight.
Old 2013-04-13, 22:19   Link #4146
babbo3d

Quote:
Point taken.

But I should point out that this is all we can do until we get something new to read. Unless you have something else we can talk about?
true i concede your point.
Old 2013-04-13, 22:30   Link #4147
waffler

guys guys i think we all know why tatsuya does not use mist dispersal at the beginning at the fight, since he is a gentleman, he lets lina do what she want and make her feel good before he becomes rough and melts her with mist disperal
Old 2013-04-13, 22:35   Link #4148
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
guys guys i think we all know why tatsuya does not use mist dispersal at the beginning at the fight, since he is a gentleman, he lets lina do what she want and make her feel good before he becomes rough and melts her with mist disperal
Nothing says gentlemen like letting her blast his arm into ashes (not dust).
Old 2013-04-13, 22:38   Link #4149
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Nothing says gentlemen like letting her blast his arm into ashes (not dust).
A true gentlemen always indulges a woman with a slap or two. In this case, it was the vaporizing of his arm.
Old 2013-04-13, 22:46   Link #4150
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

New to the series, so please do not bully me. I only read the first chapter of volume 1 and a little bit of chapter 2. My impressions are very enlighten, so much detail and yet still leaves some mystery to it. Just wondering on how the story progress over the course through 9 volumes, what is everyone's response towards it? I don't really need specifics just need some encouragement to read it all tomorrow.
Old 2013-04-13, 22:57   Link #4151
Seitsuki
Onee!

It's pretty good. The MC isn't dense or a perv or has a harem, which is rarer than diamonds these days and just as valuable; there's quite a lot of in depth world building, and overall things develop rather satisfactorily. Also has one of the best imoutos ever, partially precisely because she isn't a typical standard fanservice loli imouto. You could certainly do a lot worse.
Old 2013-04-13, 23:42   Link #4152
babbo3d

And tatsuya is already the strongest no need for all that getting strong from being super weak character.
Old 2013-04-14, 00:58   Link #4153
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
New to the series, so please do not bully me. I only read the first chapter of volume 1 and a little bit of chapter 2. My impressions are very enlighten, so much detail and yet still leaves some mystery to it. Just wondering on how the story progress over the course through 9 volumes, what is everyone's response towards it? I don't really need specifics just need some encouragement to read it all tomorrow.
Its a story where an OP protagonist is done right without it being comedic which is rare. (eg. Onepunch man, assassination classroom). The light novel goes through the perspective of various different characters that can be considered "main characters" as each of them are capable in their own way.
Old 2013-04-14, 01:36   Link #4154
Flere821
Lurker

I have just read a bit more about Double7 translations:
Spoiler for comments:
Old 2013-04-14, 01:57   Link #4155
waffler

what is double 7?
Old 2013-04-14, 02:05   Link #4156
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Spoiler for comments:
So far from raws or Chinese translations, Do you think D7 have its own arc sequence like a normal SS?? or just preamble to upcoming a real lets say "Web 7" arc, from the info you kindly gave Us, off course I thank others contributions like @Mostradboy, I assume the whole deal did not ended in this chapter.

EDIT: D7 = DOUBLE SEVEN/NINENDO
Due the print publishing releases delays the main story released on Web chapters and forcefully need to wait until print publishing release Web 6, Satou sensei release in a tri month magazine one SS called Double 7 Ninendo due cuz the spotlight are the 7th Master Clan, which is rule by Saegusa Family, another family heir from this Clan, have intentions to overturn this in his favor, his first steps come on 1st High where Mayumi Saegusa twins imoutos start attendance on their first year, the SS come in 4 chapter or at least is what we known so far and happen in Tatsuya/Miyuki 2nd High school year.

Take as example Reki Kawahara sensei SAO release SS until Alicnization Arc finally come print release, but the SS are beyond that arc.

Last edited by Chimurry; 2013-04-14 at 02:19.
Old 2013-04-14, 02:42   Link #4157
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Off guard?

He had already deduced her weapon's capabilities before he gave chase. The seal probably didn't even make a difference. Mist Dispersal is still lethal and Lina didn't have any defense against it. The only way the seal could've made a difference is if it affected his casting speed.

As I said before, due to the nature of Mist Dispersal it only takes one shot to kill or incapacitate. So whether he had the intent to kill or not didn't really make any difference in his fight.
It takes one shot to kill or incapacitate true but like I said, he doesn't want to kill her, he only wants to incapacitate her and she's one of the strongest magicians in the world, so she's very good at avoiding hits which makes it really hard for Tatsuya since he needs to aim somewhere where it doesn't kill her while she's trying to avoid his attack, so yeah it does matter.
And if the seal did not matter, Maya wouldn't put it on him in the first place, I'm pretty sure it's sealing something, maybe his casting speed gets a little faster or something, but it matters.

Again, I'm not saying Tatsuya would've definitely won I'm saying he might have.
Old 2013-04-14, 03:27   Link #4158
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
So far from raws or Chinese translations, Do you think D7 have its own arc sequence like a normal SS?? or just preamble to upcoming a real lets say "Web 7" arc, from the info you kindly gave Us, off course I thank others contributions like @Mostradboy, I assume the whole deal did not ended in this chapter.
Double7 looks like it's going to be like a 'WEB 7' arc instead of something like Vol5 SS. The published Double7 stuff up to this point is probably equal to a entire volume's worth of plot, 12 chapters/parts. Though the plot right now seems to be a bit more like Vol1, just setting things up for the more dramatic stuff later.
Old 2013-04-14, 03:59   Link #4159
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I think each arc develops more world-building rather than its characters. Sure there are some development of it, but it's much slower than the world building development.

Quote:
It's really overkill IMO,
Feh, only a small matters to Tatsuya

Old 2013-04-14, 03:59   Link #4160
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Spoiler for comments:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Rava; 2013-04-14 at 04:00. Reason: Additional comment.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings