AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 52.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-08, 09:41   Link #21
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

A lot of the Ami materials in this episode are completely new/original (ie written by JC Staff). And like the other original episodes before it is suppose to give you a peak into the workings and the mindset of the character, which I must add, was also done very well. But this episode is espeically well done because it directly shines a spotlight onto Ami which up till now had been very ambigious in her intentions (even in the novel her intentions weren't made clear until volume 9). This episode makes it a little clearer which should help the viewer to understand Ami's actions in the upcoming arcs.
Old 2009-01-08, 09:49   Link #22
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

At first I thought the episode was going to focus on Kouta (and maybe Sakura), but I never expect JC Staff to use the same title as that Spin-off chapter and went and done something different, incorporating a lot of stuff from the end of volume 5 and beginning of volume 6, and actually pulled it off quite well, because it hardly felt like a boring filler.

All the main characters were given proper development, and even Kouta and Sakura hardly felt shafted and had a sort of happy ending as well. I especially liked the monologue by all the main characters near the end, with Kitamura finishing and hinting at things to come, most likely caused by what Sumire had told him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Also, was that Mako voicing Sakura?
Who's Mako? Sakura is voiced by Asumi Kana, who did Yuno in Hidamari Sketch and Megumi in Persona: Trinity Soul.

Kouta is done by Okamoto Nobuhiko, who plays Shin in Persona alongside Asumi, the sadistic Accelerator in Toaru Majutsu no Index and Yorito in sola.

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2009-01-08 at 10:05.
Old 2009-01-08, 09:59   Link #23
typhonsentra

Personally, I was hoping for more on the Spin-off storyline but they were treated more as an inside joke for the novel readers rather than anything important.
Old 2009-01-08, 11:34   Link #24
RogerOsk

I really liked that episode. Very solid.

Ryuuji's complete confusion at Minorin's elaborate photo-choosing act gives a hint of what Ami said back in the cave, that they're not all that compatible with each other. Loved Ami in the episode, from the subtle things like her clenching her fist in frustration in the coffee shop or the big things like in the monologues. Looks like the Kitamura development is coming up soon as well. Ryuuji's housewife behavior was hilarious, they really went all out with it. The ending monologue was really touching as well.

Obviously it was sort of a 'transition' episode, but who cares, it was still really good.
Old 2009-01-08, 13:39   Link #25
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Awesome episode
Touching Taiga grants you a wish ridiculous .. If it was true Ryuuji would have been going out with Minorin .. i think. And i have a feeling Sumire likes Kitamura, Taiga is perverted"touch me anyway you like" .
Old 2009-01-08, 15:57   Link #26
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Male house wives <3

I have no idea what to expect in this episode, since I never read the novels. This episode was lovely, the character developement was done well. I never expected this to be a filler episode, sometimes, fillers can be good. J.C staff finally did something right this season?
Old 2009-01-08, 16:05   Link #27
Caster13
=^_^=

I liked how this episode was about how different people can see the same person differently. While everybody was lording over Aisaka, Ami and Ryuuji obviously didn't give the rumour much credit. Whereas everybody was saying Ami was mature, Ryuuji called her childish.

This episode did a lot to define and detail the web of relationships among the characters.
Old 2009-01-08, 16:36   Link #28
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

It was pretty obvious it was a filler with the "touch tiaga get lucky" scheme, but aside from that, it still was very good and touching. I liked all the characters
Old 2009-01-08, 16:55   Link #29
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
I'm still relatively irritated with the classmates in the series because it's like...they never seem to leave Taiga and Ryuuji ALONE. They ALWAYS have to talk about them and it just gets so annoying how they are always staring at them. And it doesn't help because they aren't really interesting.

I didn't even like that whole thing with Kouta and Sakura because the guy isn't really likeable. It feels like that ending of that pairing only showed that the whole "Palmtop Tiger of Happiness" thing revolves around the idea that if you piss off Taiga, you feel better about yourself.

Ami really made this episode for me since while she isn't the focus, we got a great amount of insight with her. You really wish the best for her because she's very subtle and really helps out everyone in the series. As shown with Yuri-sensei. Kitamura gets a great bonus too through because we get insight with him and he feels really sad. I think this proves though that he doesn't really have to do anything to get Taiga all giddy.

I didn't care much for Ryuuji or Minorin in this episode, but that whole issue with the photos was rather nice. We are noticing a bit more with Minori slipping in and out of her happy state, and that's entertaining. Taiga was pretty funny, but I'm rather curious with how tsundere she is since the whole festival. I did like the episode, but it feels like they are repeating things that annoy me.
Old 2009-01-08, 17:35   Link #30
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I liked this episode the most since more meat put into the characters, Ami is actually depicted having jealousy streak this time when comes to Ryuji and Taiga issue. The novel is somewhat ambiguous on this but the anime writers seem to decide to explore her personal feelings towards Ryuji more instead of playing the mediator role.
What about at the beach house where she complained about him spoiling her when he was going to modify the menu to her tastes?
Old 2009-01-08, 19:04   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And judging by the responses to this episode, even this filler is good.
When are people going to understand the correct meaning for filler?

Episode 14 is in no way a filler episode. It has character development for all of the main characters. How is that filler?
Old 2009-01-08, 23:16   Link #32
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I confirmed that I am really going to take back my underestimation of this episode.

... What's with the "exaggeratedly dramatic" BGM at some certain scenes... not that I dislike it though. It threw me off my chair laughing (not literally though)

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-01-09, 00:21   Link #33
Kushi

Awww Ami jealous that Ryuuji only cares about Taiga [juice scene] was so cute when she was acting like a spoiled little brat. And the giving pork scene... why does this show have to be called Toradora? shoulda been AmiDora a lot time ago >!.
Old 2009-01-09, 01:40   Link #34
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

aww, this was a cute ep. so much development on all fronts. Ami is really growing on me. i'm now cheering for her. hopefully there'll be more Ryuuji x Ami development, because that's the part of the show i'm enjoying the most.
Old 2009-01-09, 02:06   Link #35
RogerOsk

Coalguys' release is out. The differences in translation is much improved at points, especially with Minorin's elaborate style of speech. I mean, Shukumei's were really completely off.
Old 2009-01-09, 02:47   Link #36
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
Awww Ami jealous that Ryuuji only cares about Taiga [juice scene] was so cute when she was acting like a spoiled little brat. And the giving pork scene... why does this show have to be called Toradora? shoulda been ChiDora a lot time ago >!.

ChiDora, since Taiga's insulting nickname for Ami is Chihuahua a.k.a. Bakachi.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-01-09, 02:55   Link #37
Bordix

After a week without toradora. This episode was really refreshing

ROFL @ yugioh parody (minorin is awesome)
Old 2009-01-09, 03:50   Link #38
stewie0814

I very much enjoyed this episode, toradora seems to have this special heart warming feeling(in most episodes) to it which i like a lot
Old 2009-01-09, 05:10   Link #39
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Well, as always, I have tried to offer pertinent insights about the episode. Please read it here and comment.

Thanks.
Old 2009-01-09, 05:40   Link #40
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I feel that on this episode Takasu got closer to Ami than Minori (can't help but say it even though I'm Takasu x Minori fan >_<). When people compliment Ami on how mature she is, she believed them - but when Takasu told her that she's childish she believed him more than the other people, I think it's because Ami felt that Takasu genuinely cares about her.

*can't wait for next week's episode
Closed Thread