Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=13604

dunno. it maybe fun one :P

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 08:17   Link #2
HasuMasu
*Artist

The title made me think it was a game.
The trailer made me think it was a movie.
The sub-forum this is located in makes me think it's a series.

What is it?
Old 2011-12-23, 10:32   Link #3
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Maybe is the word, can't say I'm put off witht eh CGI but I dunno something about seems off even if it's only a trailer.
Either way I'l be checking it out regardless.

After reading on ANN theres gonna be a 2nd movie or is it just worded wrongly and it's just prologue to the 2nd game?
Old 2011-12-23, 10:50   Link #4
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Srly? and the woman's scream -.-
Damn stop killing DA franchise pls.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 12:08   Link #5
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
The title made me think it was a game.
The trailer made me think it was a movie.
The sub-forum this is located in makes me think it's a series.

What is it?
c mon you a detective you should figure this out

Spoiler for answer:

Old 2011-12-23, 16:07   Link #6
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Ah yes also wanted to point this out and after thinking about it I think this is what is putting me off, the VA for the women I think doesn't fits very well or just simply she can't do a battle cry.
Old 2011-12-23, 19:41   Link #7
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

this is a maybe...
Old 2011-12-24, 05:16   Link #8
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Premiere date:
2012-02-11 (Japan)

So is this going straight to dvd or the cinemas first, it doesnt look like a cinema movie to me
Old 2011-12-24, 13:37   Link #9
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I loled the whole time because of that and I thought I was the only one
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 14:59   Link #10
Blaat

That CGI is awful.
Old 2011-12-25, 03:34   Link #11
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Bioware seems to be a bit desperate lately to be more mainstream when it already is enough. Perhaps the fact that they are now under EA seem to have worse impact than I thought. Nowadays every time they try to do something or give their opinion, I get worse impression from them. They seem to be complacent or in a mindset, they cannot do anything wrong.

I always thought Dragon Age was the wrong source material to make an anime as a medium, if anything Mass Effect universe was a better candidate. At least there are plenty of anime with space theme to take inspiration from, especially the oldies. Anyhow I just don't see the point of this movie when the only crowd that would probably like the movie are Bioware fans who also like anime. I thought Bioware games are not that popular in Japan that leaves a relatively small demographic.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 05:06   Link #12
Key Board
Carbon

This is marketed incorrectly

they're using the "anime is more mature, guys!" angle.

That's going to offend people who don't like anime. Despite some may believe, Dragon Age fandom doesn't overlap with anime fandom that well. Dragon Age fandom have some very hardcore Baldur's Gate refugees who never even played a Japanese RPG, are PC supremacists, and look down on anything Japanese in disdain. Just look at all the vitriolic youtube comments.

2nd, CG animation is hit and miss. Even more so in Japan. Is there even a target audience for this, in Japan?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 05:10   Link #13
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I always thought Dragon Age was the wrong source material to make an anime as a medium, if anything Mass Effect universe was a better candidate. At least there are plenty of anime with space theme to take inspiration from, especially the oldies. Anyhow I just don't see the point of this movie when the only crowd that would probably like the movie are Bioware fans who also like anime. I thought Bioware games are not that popular in Japan that leaves a relatively small demographic.
I think Dragon Age could work wonderfully as an anime, but certainly not with this cutesy CGI style. It's insulting to those of us who were (are) a fan of the game(s).
Old 2011-12-25, 06:14   Link #14
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
This is marketed incorrectly

they're using the "anime is more mature, guys!" angle.

That's going to offend people who don't like anime. Despite some may believe, Dragon Age fandom doesn't overlap with anime fandom that well. Dragon Age fandom have some very hardcore Baldur's Gate refugees who never even played a Japanese RPG, are PC supremacists, and look down on anything Japanese in disdain. Just look at all the vitriolic youtube comments.

2nd, CG animation is hit and miss. Even more so in Japan. Is there even a target audience for this, in Japan?
they maybe not overlap directly but there is thousand of shipping fan art, fan fic which is like anime fandom

Old 2011-12-25, 07:16   Link #15
Key Board
Carbon

I disagree. That's like saying Harry Potter and Twilight are similar because they have thousands of shipping fan
art and fanfics

The fact is, from what I've seen of several forums is that the word "anime" is simply offensive to a sizable part of Dragon Age players.

And sadly, I think Bioware itself played its part in making the situation worse when they criticized Japanese RPGs and staples of Japanese games.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2011-12-25, 07:39   Link #16
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I disagree. That's like saying Harry Potter and Twilight are similar because they have thousands of shipping fan
art and fanfics

The fact is, from what I've seen of several forums is that the word "anime" is simply offensive to a sizable part of Dragon Age players.

And sadly, I think Bioware itself played its part in making the situation worse when they criticized Japanese RPGs and staples of Japanese games.

//
in case you dont notice there is also many HP and twilight JP doujishin :P

like i said there are not directly but their fan base is similar for many reason such as "attractive cast" media which aimed for teenage people.

they are not comparable to Star wars fan which filled with tehno geek people or LOTR which filled with nature loving people.

sure SW and LOTR have each own "shipping" fanbase there. but there not really as big as most of Bioware game.

i am talking to recent (this gen) bioware fan here not old one

anyway this is not first time Western game get this treatment. IIRC Halo also have it's own "anime"

Last edited by RRW; 2011-12-25 at 07:52. Reason: spell check
Old 2011-12-25, 08:12   Link #17
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

They are better off doing a CG movie version of Skyrim.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 09:42   Link #18
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Wait what?
The story is about a evil cult decided to summon goddamn dragon and goddamn golem to conquer a holy ass nation that is totally Christian

Where in the fucking shit is the Grey WARDEN and the Blight?!?!?
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 10:12   Link #19
Key Board
Carbon

I have bad news...

Dragon Age 2 is not about the blight or grey wardens
Old 2011-12-25, 10:15   Link #20
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Are you guys sure this has anything to do with Bioware's RPG? It may just be naming coincidence.
I did not see any visual hints to the game in thise trailer, though it might be because the CGI looks worse than the in game graphics of DA2...
There was something about a bloodmage, but other than that it seems to be random medieval setting. Wouldn't they at least use some of the famous characters from the games?

Also:
"raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote