AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-07-05, 01:50   Link #181
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Hmm, it's hard to judge favorites when there are many high quality shows out there. That is why I love anime after all. Anyway here's my list in no particular order:

Anime series:

Gilgamesh
Brother, Dear Brother
One Piece
Haibane Renmei
Maison Ikkoku

Anime movies:

Porco Rosso
Millenium Actress
Battle Angel
Ninja Scroll
Princess Mononoke
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 04:43   Link #182
Draikan7

1. gundam seed
2. one piece
3. hunter x hunter
4. berserk
5. rurouni kenshin ova
honorable runner ups:
initial d
hajime no ippo
yu yu hakusho
Draikan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 11:10   Link #183
_Riku_

1.Gundam Seed- Excelent...hot girls ..very very good story , loved the emotional parts...and the music was
then

2.Naruto
3.Full metal Alchemist
4.Hellsing
5.Gundam Wing
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 00:56   Link #184
choowee
lurkeress

I think I've answered this before, but my top 5 keep changing:

Princess Tutu
Escaflowne
Rurouni Kenshin (tv, movie, ovas, the whole bit)
Fruits basket
Trigun/ Cowboy Bebop (ok, I cheated, that's six)
choowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 04:09   Link #185
Vide
Lurker

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Gunslinger Girl
3. Onegai Teacher
4. Scrapped Princess
5. Naruto

And others I like:

Tenjou Tenge
Onegai Twins
DN Angel
Initial D
Hunter x Hunter
One Piece
Full Metal Alchemist
Vide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 04:18   Link #186
Blaine

1) FMA
2) HnG
3) Naruto
4) Wolf's Rain
5) Grave of the Fireflies

others i like

scrapped princess
one piece
samurai 7
patlabor movies
Blaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 13:13   Link #187
Pick

Neon Genesis Evangelion (great story, excellent music), Azumanga daioh (I guess anyone has (had) something Osaka-stylish in his/her class), Utena, Whisper of the heart, Noir. And I also like Witch hunter Robin, Gravitation, Tokyo Mew Mew (childish?), FLCL ... and almost every anime has at least something good in it, so it is possible to love all anime! and so I do
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 15:43   Link #188
chucky
Always impatient

1) Gunslinger Girl
2) Madlax
3) Juuni Kokuki
4) Gungrave
5) Naruto
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 16:37   Link #189
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagDog
Is south Park part of anime too?????
Not even in the slightest bit. I'm not even sure where it was animated, but I would have to guess Canada, or perchaps the U.S.?

Favorites:

1. Excel Saga
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Full Moon wo Sagashite
4. Princess Mononoke
5. Cardcaptors Sakura
6. Samurai Pizza Cats (I miss that show, and I demand it to be on DVD.)
7. Spirited Away
8. Pokemon Kanto (Johto, Orange, and Advance can burn in hell, along with the movies.)
9. Sailor Moon Super S
10. Detective Conan/Super Gals!/Happy Lesson (3 way tie.)

Hah! Who says you can't get good anime unless you download them? Not me! Mwahahahahaha! :lightning and evil music plays in the background:

Note: Yes, they are in order , but why just 10? Is it a crime to have a 3-way tie?
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 16:48   Link #190
DekaMaster
Banned

5.Transformers HeadMasters
4.Dragon Drive
3.Saber Marionette J(Not the ova and J to X doesn't exist to me)
2.Machine Robo Rescue
1.FMA
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 18:39   Link #191
NinjaServ

Personal Favorites:
1- Tie between Yugioh and Hunter x Hunter (MOST ppl do not give yugioh a chance, it is JUST like hunter x hunter in teh fact that it takes FOREVER to get good, but when it gets good it is REALLLYYYYYY good, they currently arn't even on the episodes on TV, if you have seen the BUTCHARDED yugioh, that are REALLLLLLLYYYYYYY good. It gets good around ep 80 (which has aired) but it doesn't get KICKASS til like 150 or so...)
2- Outlaw Star

Probably REAL ones if a national poll happened:
1- Spirited Away or Akira or Princess Mononoke
2- Spirited Away or Akira or Princess Mononoke
3- Spirited Away or Akira or Princess Mononoke
4- Evangelion
5- Cowboy Bebop (AKA Outlaw Star MINUS actual plot...)
NinjaServ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 04:39   Link #192
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Giant
1.Hikaru no go - the best anime I've ever seen in my life! dramatic and emotional and simply amazing cast of characters that grows in every ep!!
I don't think any anime will be better then this one, at least not in the time been, it is that good.
My kind of guy, this one.

Ok lemme see... first off, no movies. You cant compare them with series.

1. Hikaru no Go
As quoted above, this is also the best anime I've ever seen. I've never seen such character development all across the cast from the main players Hikaru, Sai and Akira to even the smallest ones, passing by for just a few episodes. The music... oh the music... A must see.

2. Hajime no Ippo
This one is almoooost as good as Hikaru. Except for the OVAs that couldn't fit everything from the manga. Character development exists but not nearly as much as in Hikaru. HnI makes up for it with humor and sheer excitement. Those boxing matches are killers, which of course is very important. Takamura also has to be one of the best characters ever.

3. Full Metal Alchemist
Though this one hasn't finished yet, if they keep up like this it will earn it's way in on this list. Every episode leaves you wanting more. There are tons of characters all likable and interesting, and unlike many action-oriented animes it doesn't cater to smaller children. (Naruto?)

Now it's getting harder...

4. Great Teacher Onizuka
It seems ridiculous at first, but Onizuka as a person somehow makes sense, and it's both fun and interesting seeing him slowly win over his students.

5. PlanetES
A very realistic depiction of the future space age, and I must have been the only one that enjoyed listening to Tanabe's rants.

A few I considered...
Cowboy Bebop: Very stylish and with interesting characters, but in the end I have something against stand alone episodes. I need a story to keep growing and developing to keep me interested in the long run.
Last Exile: A good story with superb production values doesn't justify greatness... Arguably, it could beat out PlanetES though but I don't feel like going back changing it.
Naruto: Had a potential that was higher than the skies. Too bad the anime was aimed at even younger kids than the manga. Less blood, more Konohamaru... taking only the best parts of the anime it could easily get up to position 3 on my list.
Aishiteru ze Baby: This could very well have been on my list if I hadn't only seen 3 eps so far. It'll probably be there soon enough.
Gungrave: Really good actually. In the end it becomes a bit linear and predictable (like a videogame, omg! ) but on a whole a very good anime.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 16:09   Link #193
Vengure

Ohhh Boy this is tough . Ive seen many a good anime ..... Top 5 would be

1. Naruto
2. Full Metal Alchemist
3. Hunter x Hunter and all OVA's
4. Bakuretsu Tenshi
5. Beserk

ahhh my head hurts im rethinking my list but here are some others

Samurai Deeper kyo , Scryed , Hellsing , Trigun , Cowboy Bebop , Escaflowne
Flame of Recca , Samurai 7 , Neon Genesis Evangelion , Bubble gum crisis 2040 ,
Ninja Scroll , Vampire Hunter D , Rusty Angel - i think its episode name , Yu Yu Hakusho , Inuyasha . the list goes on but im getting tired....
Vengure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 16:38   Link #194
Mr.Minou

*Scrapped Princess
*RahXephon
*Gungrave
*Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
*Noir

and Witch Hunter Robin, and Read Or Die OVA, and Bakuretsu Tenshi, and Aishiteru ze Baby, and...
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 16:41   Link #195
cdiesel12

Send a message via AIM to cdiesel12
1.hajime no ippo
that will always be 1
cdiesel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 10:49   Link #196
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
I actually have a top 10 list that I update when I see a better anime than somewhere on the list and so on(have reviews on all series I've seen to keep a good track).
Here's my top5 list:

1. Berserk
2. Love Hina(including OVA)
3. Rurouni Kenshin(TVseries, movie, both OVA)
4. Wolf's Rain
5. Full Metal Panic!
After top5: Chobits, KGNE, MnH, Onegai Teacher/Twins, NGE.
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 14:57   Link #197
Token-Blackguy
Pimptastic McNasty

Send a message via AIM to Token-Blackguy
1.Gto the manga
2.Naruto
3.excel saga
4.FLCL
5.Blue sub six.
Token-Blackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 20:53   Link #198
Bvgquack

1) Slam Dunk (Manga version): Very few anime that managed to inspire me with every volume. Added with great humor and explicit details in art to make number one in my chart.

2)Naruto : The explanation is almost unneccessary. Undoubtably an anime fan's dream come true.

3) Love hina : I like this anime for personal reason, as many fans will attest too. Very humane anime/manga that I'm sure most peole can relate to.

4) Trigun : I can't and refuse to forget this classic anime. Powerfully touchin' anime with actions and humors to boot.

5) Spirit Within : Very plesant to watch. Very clean and almost ethereal. Don't expect much. Just watch.
Bvgquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 20:06   Link #199
KomikaruNe

This includes manga too cuz i read A LOT, so i read manga a lot more than i watch anime. And there's 7 cuz i couldn't pick.

Blade of the Immortal
Azumanga Daioh
Fruits Basket
FLCL
Princess Mononoke
Mars
Escaflowne

So actually, there are 5 animes in there, but i havent seen the Azumanga anime yet, but the books made me laugh so hard and read them in class and couldnt help but laugh out loud and people in my classes thought i was crazy. Yeah.... I dressed up as San from Princess Mononoke for Connecticon last week cuz I'm a geek and i go to cons and I love making costumes.... Is there a Mars anime?
KomikaruNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 18:59   Link #200
bohemian
坂本真綾さん最高

First off, I'm biased towards recent shows becoz they're fresh in my memories, and I only list TV series here.

***** Top 5 (in no particular order) *****

Serial Experiments Lain - I love the suspense and mysterious atmosphere. I would never forget the humming of the electric lines. The story is complex and the plot is deep that makes me keep thinking after watching (which is a good sign of a great show). The story is not particularly sad but it does make me felt lonely and empty. I also have a feeling that the original Matrix took some of the ideas from Lain.

RahXephon - This is no doubt much better than EVA. I watched RahXephon three times and still found plenty of rewatch value. This cannot be said for EVA, which I have a hard time going through the first time since it is so brutally boring. RahXephon had much better character developments, you can't help but fall for the characters, many of them are likable. Plus it has one of the best endings in my memories which put EVA to shame. Rather than a EVA ripoff, I see RahXephon as a cross between EVA and Saikano with a relieving atmosphere. Indeed, I love RahXephon becoz it has a great love story.

Wolf's Rain - one of the most original story from the awesome Studio Bones. I love sad story, this one has all the melodrama plus beautiful graphic and music to fit the mythical world of Wolf's rain. It's simply a piece of art! Eps 27-29 in my opinion the best episodes in any anime, though the ending is a little bit rush, it's still good.

Fullmetal Alchemist - not a kid show though have a kid show appearance. Deep and thought provoking, have comedy to balance the sad moments pretty well.

Scrapped Princess - oh, how many Bones' series have I listed? This one is from my top 3 of 2003, together with Wolf's rain and Last Exile (which just miss my top 5). I can't find anything similar to compare with Scrapped Princess, the closest thing may be the Matrix movie. Scrapped Princess found a way to combine a Medival fantasy world with sci-fi futuristic (aka Matrix-like) settings, it has an interesting story plus some of the funniest moments in anime (Btw, The funniest anime has to be FMP Fumoffu).

***** Just miss my top 5 (in no particular order) *****

Saishuu Heiki Kanojo - the best thing from Gonzo, a great love story with a strong anti-war tone, it has the best sad stories in anime. (Grave of the fireflies is the saddest movie though).

Last Exile - Second best thing from Gonzo, a fantasy story which any aviation fans will love.

Turn A Gundam - the best Gundam series directed by Tomino. Yes, it's even better than Zeta Gundam, which I also like but not as much as Turn A. Many Gundam fans simply don't give Turn A any chances because of its "unique" mecha design, but Turn A has one of the strongest story plus the most developed and likable characters in any Gundam shows, also give credits to the wonderful music by the great Yoko Kanno.

Full Metal Panic (1& Fumoffu) - the third best thing from Gonzo (only made the first season), the first and second season combines to be the best duo of action and comedy in anime. The first season has plenty of wonderful actions though the plot is sometimes a bit weak and illogical, but the second season madeup for that with the best comedy I've seen in any anime.

Peacemaker Kurogane - the fourth best thing from Gonzo (wow, turn out I like Gonzo alot too). The early part of the story is slow but nonetheless fill with comedy, but then the pace and atmosphere suddenly changed in the last quarter of the seires. The last 6 or 7 episodes alone could be in my top 5 all time. I love to see blood and these last episodes satisfy my blood lust along with awesome samurai battles (btw, I don't like the unrealistic, stylish fights in Kenshin)

Nadia, Secrets of the blue water -- Normally, I hate Gainax shows with a passion (well, their style are just not my cup of tea). but this one turns out to be the only Gainex shows that I love. Yes, even Disney love it too and made a replica of it.

Chobits -- a very warm love story, Chi is so adorable! Indeed, I became a fan of Rie Tanaka because of Chi.

Last edited by bohemian; 2004-07-23 at 19:35.
bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lists, top five