AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-29, 11:47   Link #361
tsunade666

I've been waiting for ages for this one but I still can't find a darn English sub ;_;

only raws.... raws raws roaar!
Old 2012-10-29, 13:58   Link #362
commando

Found episode 0 on youtube, though low quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRhCnNNe_RI

got a question tho, Runa Minase's seiyuu is Houko Kuwashima isn't it? (voice of Tomoyo from Clannad). Sounds just like her but I can't find a source for it. I don't believe what ANN have.
commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 10:34   Link #363
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I've been waiting for ages for this one but I still can't find a darn English sub ;_;

only raws.... raws raws roaar!
well sub out now

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 11:08   Link #364
novalysis

The first Episode was a Meta-fest, and about as close as a Harem Anime could go to a brutally honest critique of the flaws of the Harem Genre. Along the way, the Pot-shots they took at critiques of Moe and 4-koma Slice of Life was rather interesting. And the pot-shot at continuity resets were hilarious too.

But, from what I gather (and I have NOT watched the first season), the big problem is that there seems to be only ONE conflict. Everyone in the Student Council is leaving school by the end of the year. So I'd imagine handling partings and Farewells as a major theme in LV2.

Then, there's the question of whether our protagonist can capture Valedictorian again, this year.

Another theme I think might be forming is : who is going to replace the Student Council? That's another interesting angle actually - the social jockeying of positions, around a boy considered the hottest property in school, but one your predecessors encourage you to mess around with.

If indeed, this a theme, then Episode 0 might make sense. Our MC's rival may be part of the successor Student Council, and LV2 is about our MC acquiring a new Harem, by running into candidates for the next Student Council, each with their own stories, issues and personalities.

But, will they run with the concept? Well, on one hand, the producers seem to be very self-aware. On the other hand, one wonders whether they would stick to a bunch of girls in a Student Council talking about random matters, in the vein of Joshiraku (which seems to be the direction that this Episode decided on), or whether indeed, the Producers realize the premise they are sitting on.

This could either be as awesome as Clannad Afterstory, or a horrifically forgettable flop only remembered for it's Super Meta First Episode condemnation of the Harem Genre.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 16:43   Link #365
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Yep 4th wall already been smash to piece. Seizon alright

@novalysis

I suggest you to watch S1 since the ken story will make any sense

and you dont happend to read the LN are you

Old 2012-10-31, 08:27   Link #366
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

"Mafuyu confessed, but got rejected halfway."

No, Mafuyu, you friendzoned yourself by saying you didn't want to date him, right after you made your little confession, after which the topic was immediately dropped.

I liked how they commented about the different character design (which I'm not overly fond of) and how their room changed a bit. Overall, a good episode, but right now, it pales in comparison to season 1. And I'm bothered more by Mafuyu's new voice now than Chizuru's.
Old 2012-10-31, 09:26   Link #367
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
...and how their room changed a bit.
A bit?

Smaller room, checkered marble floor to wood, less items/decorations and the complete removal of the back room. Downgrade in every way.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 09:30   Link #368
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ I'd be okay with that if they had more seasons and changed the room every season .. y'know, "just cause"

I still haven't watched episode 0 yet.. I'm .. scared to.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 09:34   Link #369
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ I'd be okay with that if they had more seasons and changed the room every season .. y'know, "just cause"

I still haven't watched episode 0 yet.. I'm .. scared to.
I wouldn't mind that if the new room would actually look better than what Lv.2 has or at least have some quirk to it. Preferably if they did a third season I'd welcome a complete staff change while they're at it.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 10:06   Link #370
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow that's one heck of a downgrade. Did they cut their own funding and strip the room clean in-between seasons ?
Old 2012-10-31, 10:59   Link #371
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

I get the feeling the Producers really have no idea what they're doing with this series.

During the first 5 minutes of the episode, Mafuyu is referring to herself in the first person, then all of a sudden out of nowhere just starts back into third person again. It's like they discovered their mistake too late in the script/voice acting that they didn't even bother to go back and rectify it.

Pretty shoddy attention to detail.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 12:07   Link #372
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
A bit?

Smaller room, checkered marble floor to wood, less items/decorations and the complete removal of the back room. Downgrade in every way.
Wow, so much for continuity.

And with all the other stuff added to this, I'm even more wondering why they took this show out of Studio DEEN's hands.
Old 2012-10-31, 18:46   Link #373
00Coyote

I never though I'd say this... but going from DEEN to AIC was a downgrade for this series.

Putting aside that I'm watching it in a resolution that belongs in 2006, the visuals are just boring. As many have said, the room, the poor, poor room. It used to have personality, it used to have spunk, it used to have a quazi-basement-mezzanine type thingie behind retractable shades. Now? Painfully generic, painfully plain.

I weep openly for the Student Council.

Or not, it might be from the eye strain.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 03:36   Link #374
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

the room indeed downgrade. is like the place it on spare room instead proper SC room.

anyway sub for ep 2 is out

Old 2012-11-01, 08:47   Link #375
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I wouldn't have guessed the studio change would be a downgrade. Kind of wish they'd migrate back, if it actually ever happens.

Well have to see if they can at least pull it together and make this as good as they can.
Old 2012-11-01, 12:10   Link #376
Sphire

Just watched the 3 episodes. Sucks that it's 360p, and it's painful to watch, but at least it still has the SeiZon aura.

The CrimSon gag was golden.

Not to sure what to think about the random chick (Minase) that appeared in Ep 0. Maybe she'll have something more interesting later on.

As for the new voices, Chizuru feels completely different. She doesn't have that invincible aura she had in season 1. I feel that part of this is due to dialogue too, so that's kinda weird. Same thing with Mafuyu, but to a lesser extent. Mafuyu seems 50/50 to me. Half the time she fits in, the other half she doesn't.

Overall though, I'm happy and want more.

As for future endeavors,
Spoiler for Season 1 spoilers:
Old 2012-11-01, 14:35   Link #377
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

It shames me to say this. But GIVE Seitokai BACK TO DEEN!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 17:03   Link #378
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Just watched the 3 episodes. Sucks that it's 360p, and it's painful to watch, but at least it still has the SeiZon aura.

The CrimSon gag was golden.

Not to sure what to think about the random chick (Minase) that appeared in Ep 0. Maybe she'll have something more interesting later on.

As for the new voices, Chizuru feels completely different. She doesn't have that invincible aura she had in season 1. I feel that part of this is due to dialogue too, so that's kinda weird. Same thing with Mafuyu, but to a lesser extent. Mafuyu seems 50/50 to me. Half the time she fits in, the other half she doesn't.

Overall though, I'm happy and want more.

As for future endeavors,
Spoiler for Season 1 spoilers:
Not quite. Sugisaki's goal was a little more simple than that.

Spoiler for season 1:
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 19:30   Link #379
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Nyantype:
Old 2012-11-01, 21:05   Link #380
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
I get the feeling the Producers really have no idea what they're doing with this series.

During the first 5 minutes of the episode, Mafuyu is referring to herself in the first person, then all of a sudden out of nowhere just starts back into third person again. It's like they discovered their mistake too late in the script/voice acting that they didn't even bother to go back and rectify it.

Pretty shoddy attention to detail.
I thought I was the only one that noticed that... Although I didn't mind too much since I have bigger concerns with this show, specifically the color palette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I'm glad someone posted some sort of comparison, I was eventually going to watch the first season again to see wth was lacking (since i felt something was off). Like I said before, I don't like the new color palette, especially on Mafuyu's hair. And now that I see a comparison, Mafuyu's and Chizuru's hairstyle is so much more beautiful in the first season... (IMO of course).

*Sigh* oh well... At least the comedy is there. I was laughing so hard when Ellis was making all those comments. IIRC, it's Lilicia's fault her imouto says the stuff she says.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, parody, romantic comedy, shounen