AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-21, 12:08   Link #1
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Hi guys, I started this thread to request for help in the on-going MariMite English Website for fans, where (hopefully) it provides "EVERYTHING" (notice the highlight) a fan could ask for the info of the Anime!

Here is the link: http://www.mariasamagamiteru.com/
(Please don't mind the picture you see first, it was an intended lulz by one of the code makers >.<)

I would like to ask for more help and infos for this website about the anime. We will give credit to the help, of course. We have also contacted some people if we can borrow their translations. Others ok with it will be posted there with a credit to them. Others, who are not, will be linked instead to the site. (Erica Friedman's summaries, etc.)

Here is our progression so far: click

We thought of Character info, Trivia's, RightStuf's info and other animes they licensed, Music and Media.. But we still don't have much infos (like Radio Drama translations, for example)

I plan on doing Episode Summary/Review by myself though, I would like to handle that part most.

Any informations you can give, you can post it here, and I will transfer with credit to the person. (Of course, if some may turn out as a discussion, it will have to be edited, and we will just give credits for the info)

Thanks

Last edited by xris; 2008-07-21 at 15:46.
Old 2008-07-21, 17:36   Link #2
Rosa Enigma
The Riddle Rose

I'd just like to second Steph's "thank you" towards Xris for splitting this into its own thread.

The site is still in development. I'm the site coder/admin, and I want the following things from the AnimeSuki Marimite fans:

1. Feedback about the site so far. (Layout, concept, proposed content)
2. Help with new site content development. (Which is taking place in here)
3. If you already have content developed (e.g. you have done translations, or fanfictions) and you would like them to appear on the site, get in touch.
4. I'd also like anyone willing to provide better graphics to contact me at the Marimite fansite

The picture Steph was talking about has been taken down, by the way

I'm really excited about this project, and we're hoping to have the full site completed well before the release of the 4th season of the anime.

Last edited by Rosa Enigma; 2008-08-04 at 10:22.
Old 2008-07-21, 23:45   Link #3
Neku
yare yare..

I just read through your website; the Faqs section.. lol.

Overall I think the layout is nice.. you just lack content for now.
..and if you guys realized, the Marimite video: Things I'll Never Say is no longer in Youtube.. so I have this thought that, if you guys are putting fan stuff up too, I can upload it for your site to air exclusively(lol, not hinting my video is the supreme btw).

Yeah thats all and sorry for te many typos.. oim eatig with my left hand and im just lazy to backspace... I'll edit it later.

*I .. was eating.

Last edited by Neku; 2008-07-22 at 00:22. Reason: Typos.
Old 2008-07-22, 14:22   Link #4
Goronta

Good efforts! Is that the first English fansite dedicated for Marimite? Really Cool! I wish I'm part of that project, lol.

I think it is better to fix the banner pic, otherwise people would probably thought they run into another site by mistake. You can provide selections for different skins somewhere though. By the way, I really appreciate the first banner I saw, yeah I'm a fan of SeiXYouko.

Not much content in it now, but the frame looks good.
Old 2008-07-22, 14:55   Link #5
Rosa Enigma
The Riddle Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku
you just lack content for now.
Yeah, we're developing the content on the other forum, and then I'll add pages in batches when they're done. It's just a matter of time until some of the character pages are added.
But we don't have a lot of contributors, so it's going quite slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku
..and if you guys realized, the Marimite video: Things I'll Never Say is no longer in Youtube.. so I have this thought that, if you guys are putting fan stuff up too, I can upload it for your site to air exclusively
I've never heard of your video, but if it's good - sure, it can go on the site!

We're definitely looking for fan stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goronta
Is that the first English fansite dedicated for Marimite?
I think there's a couple of small sites, perhaps with character bios, but they're hosted on things like yahoo userpages, so they've not got a good site name, and the sites are full of ads.
But even so, there's no "complete" site, with character bios, episode guides, and media, and detailed series information.

Quote:
I wish I'm part of that project, lol.
Hey! That's the reason why I posted here... to get more contributors to the project
If you're interested, contact me

Quote:
I think it is better to fix the banner pic, otherwise people would probably thought they run into another site by mistake.
In what way does it need fixing? The picture of the characters? The text? Or did the banner not appear at all?
Old 2008-07-22, 15:06   Link #6
Goronta

I mean the banner keeps changing every time I refresh the page, making me kind of feel like not on the same page.
Old 2008-07-22, 17:15   Link #7
Rosa Enigma
The Riddle Rose

I see.

It's supposed to do that though... it's meant to be a nice feature.

At the moment, we've got 2 types of banners: those with text on the left, and those with text on the right.

Would sticking to one type of banner (either text-on-left, or text-on right) make it better?
Old 2008-07-29, 02:58   Link #8
Neku
yare yare..

Here's the link to the video I mentioned. Hope it's good enough to make your site
Old 2008-07-29, 14:04   Link #9
Rosa Enigma
The Riddle Rose

I liked it, having an AMV section would be fine.

I'm using a free host, so I don't have the sort of bandwidth to host it on my own site.

So if you upload it to youtube (or somehere similar), then I'll embed it to the site like that.
Old 2008-07-30, 04:23   Link #10
Neku
yare yare..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa Enigma View Post
I liked it, having an AMV section would be fine.

I'm using a free host, so I don't have the sort of bandwidth to host it on my own site.

So if you upload it to youtube (or somehere similar), then I'll embed it to the site like that.
I actually uploaded it once to YouTube before with a couple of other amvs.
But my account got banned due to copyright infringement; nothing to do with Marimite though, since the video that got my sentence was the ending song for an anime. I thought I was helping them advertise.. in a way, lol.. but I guess copyrights are copyrights.

Anyways.. so here's the link. Should be..... safe.
Old 2008-07-30, 08:20   Link #11
Rosa Enigma
The Riddle Rose

Great! I'll add it today!

Edit: We've also set up a wiki at Marimite Wiki.
Feel free to jump in and contribute!

Last edited by Rosa Enigma; 2008-07-30 at 18:11.
Closed Thread