Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-01, 15:15   Link #41
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigLig
Does this mean that they are gonna make Aokiji white??
No. Aokiji isn't even dark-skinned anyway. The problem wit the Buggy cremember is, as I said, he happens to look like one of those old racist cartoon depictions from back in the early days of TV.
Old 2006-04-02, 19:20   Link #42
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP
Here is a link to the Picture:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ePieceedit.jpg

The edit of the black character to be lighter skinned.

Because being black is evil! [/Aryan Nation controlled 4kids PR department]
Old 2006-04-02, 20:25   Link #43
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Somewhere Mr. PoPo (DBZ) is in a corner crying T_T...
Old 2006-04-02, 20:30   Link #44
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
^Somewhere Mr. PoPo (DBZ) is in a corner crying T_T...

well Mr.Popo was a servant slave...So obviously keeping him black was ok in the eyes of the censors.
Old 2006-04-03, 01:03   Link #45
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP
Here is a link to the Picture:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ePieceedit.jpg

The edit of the black character to be lighter skinned.
Thank you for exposing more of 4Kids stupidity so that I can shudder with horror at what they did to One Piece. I mean, more shuddering than I was already doing.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-04-03, 01:40   Link #46
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Because being black is evil! [/Aryan Nation controlled 4kids PR department]
Actually it's the opposite...they're being overly PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Thank you for exposing more of 4Kids stupidity so that I can shudder with horror at what they did to One Piece. I mean, more shuddering than I was already doing.
I don't think you know the half of it.

Did anyone mention what they did to the scene where Crocodile pierced Luffy with the hook yet?
They flipped Luffy upside-down and made it look like Croc is just holding him. XD And the redraw is so bad they actually gave Luffy SLEEVES. And they recolored it from red to peach.
Old 2006-04-03, 02:40   Link #47
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
Actually it's the opposite...they're being overly PC.

I don't think you know the half of it.

Did anyone mention what they did to the scene where Crocodile pierced Luffy with the hook yet?
They flipped Luffy upside-down and made it look like Croc is just holding him. XD And the redraw is so bad they actually gave Luffy SLEEVES. And they recolored it from red to peach.
.......this is.....
I shudder now to even think what they'll do with the Final Luffy vs Croc fight , or Sky Piea for that matter. They are probably dubbing Sky Piea as we speak. No doubt they'll cut so much out.
Seriosuly, i think Oda should do something. They have totally butchered his show. No doubt'd if he was an old man, he'd have a heart attack just watching what they did.
Old 2006-04-03, 04:48   Link #48
SoulSeth
海賊王

Quote:

No f-in way O_O".........

How is it even possible for someone to do such a horrible conversion of a show in this day and age?.....it shouldn't be possible.
Old 2006-04-03, 05:45   Link #49
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Just a thought. This may seem different...

Has anyone suggested sending 1000 paper cranes to Toei in Japan with a letter or signed petition requesting that they cancel 4Kids rights to One Piece and possibly a Region 1 DVD for them to view as evidence?

(Based on the Japanese folklore that if you fold 1000 paper cranes your wish may come true.)
Old 2006-04-03, 08:52   Link #50
SoulSeth
海賊王

Well, www.saveonepiece.com has started a petition requesting that they cancel 4Kids rights to One Piece, but I don't think they were planning to send 1000 paper cranes....
Old 2006-04-03, 09:53   Link #51
monir
cho~ kakkoii

No one can stop 4Kids, even a thousand paper crane. They can turn black people white. They are invincible. I am convinced.
Old 2006-04-03, 13:40   Link #52
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Just a thought. This may seem different...

Has anyone suggested sending 1000 paper cranes to Toei in Japan with a letter or signed petition requesting that they cancel 4Kids rights to One Piece and possibly a Region 1 DVD for them to view as evidence?
Toei are business men who want to make money just like 4Kids. The don't care about 1000 paper letters, they just look at the millions of paper monies.

BTW, here's the screencaps:
Before:

After:
Old 2006-04-03, 14:32   Link #53
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, the paper cranes might make more of an impression considering that it appeals to their sense of tradition (petitions and boycotts are a U.S thing) and it takes more of an effort to pull off. Paper cranes are a more positive way of doing it imo.

Also, those not wanting to sign a petition can anonymously make a paper crane and send it to a common point for processing (like what they did in Gunbuster), packaging and mailing to Toei.

You have to remember that depending on the wording of the petition those signing it may be incriminating themselves for violating the copyright law.

Last edited by orion; 2006-04-03 at 14:43.
Old 2006-04-04, 03:04   Link #54
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Sorry for bringing this up, but who the hell would fold 1000 pieces of paper for anything let alone 1000 origami cranes?? I hate 4kids dubbing of One Piece with a passion (Also Toei and Oda who don't seem to give a damn), but I don't hate them that much...not enuff to fold 1000 sheets of paper, think of a way for storing the cranes, then spending an uber amount of dough on shipping and handling to send Toei or 4kids a box of paper birds that'll hit the trash bin before one OP-representative ever gets a nano-glimpse at it...

Finding an asssassin to kill the higher-ups at 4kids seems appreciably easier...
Old 2006-04-04, 03:12   Link #55
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Toei are business men who want to make money just like 4Kids. The don't care about 1000 paper letters, they just look at the millions of paper monies.

Before:

After:

.......oh my God.
So, does anyone wanna file a Law-suit against 4kids for Crimes against Humanity?

That redraw is awful. Makes you wonder what else they'll do.
Old 2006-04-04, 04:39   Link #56
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I remember the scene where Crocodile impaled Luffy with his hook and then left him for dead in the desert. How could I possibly forget it? It was a very powerful scene. I suspect that this version has all of the emotional impact of a whimper.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-04-04, 05:51   Link #57
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Before:

After:
I have no clue what they're trying to achieve here...It just looks stupid, the hook is swurving to gently pick Luffy up huh? Geezus...Anyways what the heck does 4kids have against the color red?? Why did the background color need to be changed...Do kids kill people if they see too much of that color or something?
Old 2006-04-04, 07:14   Link #58
Slayerx

Quote:
What about sending a thousand paper cranes to Oda?
I mean, i know he doesn't have any authority to end 4kids rights, but atleast the cranes would go to someone who actually gives a damn...
Old 2006-04-04, 07:18   Link #59
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The jury is still out on Oda, but from what I understand he doesn't really give a damn either...Not that's he's money-hungry or a coward...It's just he doesn't really care as long as his Japan work is respected (seemingly)...I think he'd unfold the paper cranes to draw more manga eps on...
Old 2006-04-04, 08:28   Link #60
Slayerx

Well i don't know much about Oda... just that he seems to care more about the anime version of his mangas then some other manga writer.
Saying that he doesn't care about what happens outside of japan though is very believable...

Personally, i would hope that he would react HIGHLY negatively to the 4Kids butchering of One piece, just as Hayao Miyazaki reacted negatively to the first american dubbing/butching to Nausicca...
Nausicaa was orginally released here back in the 80's but the editing of it was horrible. i haven't seen the editing myself, but from what i heard, it was as bad if not worse then what's currently happening to One Piece.

though i would hope that Oda doesn't react AS negatively... cause Miyazaki got so pissed off that it would be 10 years before he would allow his movies to be released over here. And i wouldn't want to wait THAT long for a decent dub...
actually, then again it might be worthwhile... since i'm watching the subtitled, i really don't care about the dub... and 10 years is long enough for people to forget about the 4kids version, and the new version would be seen by an audience that is unaware of the 4kids version...

Plus side though, when he did agree to lience his films here, he made sure the contract had something like "thou shalt not edit without my permission" added to it... something that One piece so desperatly needs...

grant it, i gotta remember that Miyazaki actually had the authority to make those decisions, and Oda does not... though it would still be nice to atleast know that Oda was pissed off about the editing...

Personally, if i saw my work getting butchered like this, i wouldn't care what country it was... i would have been throughly insulted and would have reacted like miyazaki
Closed Thread