AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-18, 16:53   Link #241
ellifeedn
Thinker

So now we're up to 1080 Kugi Punch?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 21:19   Link #242
Cinocard

Coco can dose Toriki to have 30x power. Then Zebra push him with sound to increase it by 30x. Finally, Sunny reflects the Kugi punch to multiply it by another 30x. It will be a 30 hit Kugi as well.

It will be 810,000 Kugi. God's dead.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 09:26   Link #243
marvelB

Considering how over-the-top this series is, I'm actually hoping that one of Toriko's final battles in the GW is against a planet-sized monster. Basically, it would be a lot like that first boss battle from the upcoming Asura's Wrath (well, maybe Toriko won't grow extra arms, but there most definitely will be lots of screaming!).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 15:20   Link #244
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

They actually destroyed the huge island. Even for this series, i am shocked.
Old 2011-08-25, 10:18   Link #245
marvelB

So the Chinese scans for the next chapter are out now:

Spoiler:

We also get the results of the popularity polls! The top 10 most popular characters are:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-25, 18:00   Link #246
ShiroiRyu

Oh good for Komatsu.
We don't really think when you see him but hey ...
It's a real good "side" character i think.
And yes Komatsu X Melk II.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 10:19   Link #247
marvelB

So the translated chap's out. Man, that Komatsu and his food luck! Still, I do kinda like the idea that monsters like Toriko and Sani would pretty much have have been trolled by the death falls if they had tried to capture the fish themselves after all the trouble they went through to reach the cave in the first place.

Oh, and about the poll: Yeah, I think I agree with Sani about how strange it is that the random IGO dude who seldom appears in the series still managed to get a spot in the top 10 (I do like his design and all, but.... eh). It would've preferred to see someone like Jirou or Mansam (or Zonge) take 8th place, but that's just me.....
Old 2011-08-26, 21:55   Link #248
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

don't understand why the old lady couldn't have gotten the fish. She looks weaker than komatsu...

Whose main course do your think this fish will enter?Given the shining nature, I suspect Sanji
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 18:12   Link #249
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
don't understand why the old lady couldn't have gotten the fish. She looks weaker than komatsu...

Whose main course do your think this fish will enter?Given the shining nature, I suspect Sanji
It is not just look it is the aura. Remember when the apple chapter where the apple smirk at Komatsu for being weak?
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 13:55   Link #250
marvelB

And not to mention that it's kinda clear that Setsuno is one tough ol' granny, anyhow (the fact that she was Jirou's partner is also a pretty good indicator of her legendary status).....
Old 2011-08-29, 05:27   Link #251
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It makes me that Sani didn't rank higher in the poll. Coco's popularity is understandable though. Especially with the girls.
Old 2011-08-29, 09:12   Link #252
ZeroForever

My issue with the power aura kill fish thing is that toriko already learned how to cloak his presence/aura in the puffy fish arc when he copied it from coco... so i don't really see why it wouldn't apply here.
Old 2011-08-29, 10:16   Link #253
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
My issue with the power aura kill fish thing is that toriko already learned how to cloak his presence/aura in the puffy fish arc when he copied it from coco... so i don't really see why it wouldn't apply here.
That's what I was thinking too. I assumed that masking presence/aura is already a given because of that arc. So what is left is appearance and I would say she does look like a feeble and kindly old lady.
Old 2011-08-29, 13:30   Link #254
marvelB

Hmmm, that's an interesting point. I can only assume that means the shining fish has more highly-developed senses than most human world creatures, which is why monsters like Toriko or even legends like Setsuno would be unable to catch it, or something.....
Old 2011-08-29, 20:06   Link #255
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Hmmm, that's an interesting point. I can only assume that means the shining fish has more highly-developed senses than most human world creatures, which is why monsters like Toriko or even legends like Setsuno would be unable to catch it, or something.....
Well, when someone of Setsuno caliber who rules even in the Gourmet World cannot catch something in the human world, it's kinda weird no matter how you look at it. I will take this as only the one with the right luck can catch the fish, and skip the "logical" explanation part.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 21:53   Link #256
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Well, when someone of Setsuno caliber who rules even in the Gourmet World cannot catch something in the human world, it's kinda weird no matter how you look at it. I will take this as only the one with the right luck can catch the fish, and skip the "logical" explanation part.
Not really. The explanation does sort of make sense apart from this small detail. gourmet world thus far merely represents the mot dangerous and unexplored region. Ingredients that are harder to harvest could still exist in the normal world.

Although I would argue that logically a creature without predators or worry should be even less sensitive to threatening presences than elsewhere.
Old 2011-08-29, 22:57   Link #257
ellifeedn
Thinker

Like that alligator in the first arc?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 22:34   Link #258
marvelB

^Well, that crocodile was kind of a different story since he was an apex predator (which was pretty much the complete opposite of the fish, technically).....

Anyways, there's a theory I've been meaning to bring up for a while, now: Now that Sani has his new snake partner, that means that three of the four kings have their own animal partner (Toriko with Terry, and Coco with the crow). So..... what about Zebra? He may prefer to be a lone wolf, but if he's going to create his full course in order to obtain Komatsu, then flying solo definitely won't be the best method of gathering ingredients.....

And now my main point: Recall that a young Nitro was being held at Honey Prison. Zebra obviously has a profound interest in the creatures since he was rather unwilling to give up the one he and Toriko took down in the Gourmet Pyramid to the IGO. Now what if he decides to return to the prison and somehow manages to recruit one of those cocky creatures as his partner....?
Old 2011-08-31, 06:22   Link #259
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^that would essentially solve his cook problems aswell
Zebra might get some Zebra-king as his partner? would be funny imo^-°
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 01:01   Link #260
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

I'm thinking Zebra's pet could be a bat or something similar given his sound abilities.

The others all have something that have connection to their abilities
The wolf: battle lust and strength
The snake: long and "thin" + super sensory abilities (the tongue)
The crow: Erm, bad omens?

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen