4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-24, 16:09   Link #61
relentlessflame

*Administrator

In the end, regarding the recent debate, I would say that if you consider the entire history of Hitagi's character (her background, her past, struggles she's overcome, etc.), there's a pretty clear reason why she'd be willing to throw that particular thing on the table. It's not just some random statement coming from her, and I'm pretty sure Kaiki knows it. Remember the entire reason Hitagi said she couldn't give her body to Araragi at the end of Bakemonogatari, followed by the subsequent developments in Nisemonogatari. It seems to me that everything is connected. It'd be different had it come from anyone else in this story.
Old 2013-11-24, 16:44   Link #62
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Oh god, Kaiki is back. I'm in love. Nothing much happened in the episode, but man was it entertaining. I can't wait for more (though this has been the pattern for the most of the season for me).
Old 2013-11-24, 17:12   Link #63
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
But I didn't mean to be rude to you to begin with,when i said "you" i was talking about people here,not just you.Ok now I'm confused

l:

People will naturally assume you are specifically talking to them if you quote their post.

People would assume you are shouting at them with your opinion with the way you write too.

I am the one who is very much confused here.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-11-24 at 18:18. Reason: please try to keep it polite
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 17:26   Link #64
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

A very good episode concerning character development, but I must say that skipping yet another story arc to get more time for Hitagi is not a good idea.

Anyway, was it me or Hitagi called Shinobu Koyomi's loli slave (ロリ奴隷)
Old 2013-11-24, 19:37   Link #65
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
But I didn't mean to be rude to you to begin with,when i said "you" i was talking about people here,not just you.Ok now I'm confused

I don't even care about her being pure or not,she is not even virgin to begin with(remember nise). I'm just talking about something ilegal like underage prostitution...

Shikijin, suruga would give her the money everyday anyday(But your explanation of her family was ok).And about school regulations.. really? We all know there is no problem there after all the series we have watched where students work and the school knows nothing

Omimon, oh you

ok i'm done with this,enjoy this arc.I surely will if gahara is not there
She turned 18 on July 7. I don't what age is considered underage in Japan though.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 20:02   Link #66
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

^ 17 and below for work, jail time. 19 and below for drinking, clubbing, getting it on with other people. Age of consent is 13.

This is just in Tokyo btw. Don't ask me why I know this kinds of things.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 22:05   Link #67
king12354

I didn't expect this type of episode at this point in the series. I am pleased.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 01:31   Link #68
stassy

Isn't it supposed to be 20 for Japan? In the manga Genshiken Nidaime it's stated as 20 (at least in the english translation) for buying alcohol drink (don't know about drinking)
stassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 10:25   Link #69
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

About times for some Hitagi's screenshots..
Kaiki is actually a funny guy , loved that "Victory" part , i was expecting Hitagi to laugh aswell
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 02:01   Link #70
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
About times for some Hitagi's screenshots..
I guess this is what most want from the anime at the end of the day

Quote:
Kaiki is actually a funny guy , loved that "Victory" part
He always was... it's just that the Araragi family misjudged him, therefore their narrative was negatively biased in Nise-

Add to that his Koyomi showing for the first time hints of jealousy towards Hitagi's first love

Quote:
i was expecting Hitagi to laugh aswell
That would be out-of-character
Old 2013-11-26, 11:03   Link #71
Raymondjram

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
That was glorious. If the whole arc is anything like this, with all the verbal dancing, and the slow reveals of hidden motives, then this will be the topper on a really good season.
Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-11-26 at 18:37. Reason: Please use spoiler tags for all novel comparisons
Raymondjram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 08:51   Link #72
silvercover
Romance Expert

meanwhile other sites are having comments like "hitagi's such a slut", "you dont deserve araragi".
like really... what a way to miss the point.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 03:12   Link #73
DevilBlaze
Ryuko-channnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
meanwhile other sites are having comments like "hitagi's such a slut", "you dont deserve araragi".

Wow, double standards.

So it's okay for the pedo to Molest and kiss 10 year olds but as soon as Hitagi says (SAYS mind you, not does) she would sell her body to save her and the pedo's life, she's a slut?

wow.
Old 2013-11-29, 04:32   Link #74
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
There have been unfair things said about some characters at one point or another throughout the series in discussions from parts of the fandom. Just try not to internalize it and recognize silliness for what it is.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 05:41   Link #75
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilBlaze View Post
Wow, double standards.

So it's okay for the pedo to Molest and kiss 10 year olds but as soon as Hitagi says (SAYS mind you, not does) she would sell her body to save her and the pedo's life, she's a slut?

wow.
I love how it's just fully accepted now that Gomi is a pedo.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 09:31   Link #76
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I love how it's just fully accepted now that Gomi is a pedo.
There is nothing we can do to deny it after the timetravelling took place.
Old 2013-11-30, 09:26   Link #77
Raymondjram

Quote:
Wow, double standards.

wow.
If you analyze the three Lolis that Koyomi kissed in the past story, all three are really older than him. Shinobu is obviously the oldest at almost 600 years of age, and the other two are revivals or ghosts of dead persons. So they are the "pedos".

And as for Hitagi, she is a symbol of a strong-willed woman who will defend her loves, and will do whatever she has to do to protect that love. Selling herself is just a means to get her way. I am one of her admirers, since I married a strong-willed woman and am happy for over 37 years!

I am glad that Deishu Kaiki will fulfill Hitagi's wish and this story will end happily for everyone.
Raymondjram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 14:28   Link #78
DevilBlaze
Ryuko-channnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondjram View Post
If you analyze the three Lolis that Koyomi kissed in the past story, all three are really older than him. Shinobu is obviously the oldest at almost 600 years of age, and the other two are revivals or ghosts of dead persons. So they are the "pedos".

And as for Hitagi, she is a symbol of a strong-willed woman who will defend her loves, and will do whatever she has to do to protect that love. Selling herself is just a means to get her way. I am one of her admirers, since I married a strong-willed woman and am happy for over 37 years!

I am glad that Deishu Kaiki will fulfill Hitagi's wish and this story will end happily for everyone.
Nope, with thoughts like this
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Going on in Koyomi's pedo mind, It really doesn't matter what age they really are because this is how he sees them and he likes that.

Also, Kabuki. How old was hanekawa then? what 8 or something? remember how he was acting toward her?

Still, kaiki saves this arc for me.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-11-30 at 20:32. Reason: Please use either THUMBNAILS or the "images" tag for posting large images.
DevilBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 14:46   Link #79
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Nope, with thoughts like this
*teh peekture*
and this
*teh peekture*
And this
*teh peekture*
Going on in Koyomi's pedo mind, It really doesn't matter what age they really are because this is how he sees them and he likes that.

Also, Kabuki. How old was hanekawa then? what 8 or something? remember how he was acting toward her?
Still, kaiki saves this arc for me.
He's making a joke in his mind. You're being too ridiculous for accepting that.
Araragi loves Hanekawa, in any forms she would be. I guess one will only understands his love for young girls because he has no real friends to begin with until he met Hanekawa and Senjougahara. Just let the pedo stuff aside, it was Nisio's dirty joke to begin with.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 15:43   Link #80
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
He's making a joke in his mind. You're being too ridiculous for accepting that.
Indeed, and let's not forget the reasons for pedophilia being an unacceptable practice. It's easy to manipulate inexperienced kids and scar them psychologically. Should the relationship progress beyond the platonic level, there is a high danger of harming them physically too since they have not even entered puberty. All these do not apply for several reasons to the three characters... if nothing else they are way more psychologically mature and physically resilient than Koyomi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
Araragi loves Hanekawa, in any forms she would be. I guess one will only understands his love for young girls because he has no real friends to begin with until he met Hanekawa and Senjougahara. Just let the pedo stuff aside, it was Nisio's dirty joke to begin with.
Well, that's why Kizu- is important in understanding the characters' development. It is very easy otherwise for viewers to misinterpret the subsequent novels that are (and were) animated.