AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-02, 18:34   Link #241
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Still I don't get why she can't think about such obvious tactical decision like RETREAT (the same thing could be said about Pieta, it seems she has some kind of aversion to it).
Pieta and current situation are different. During Pieta immediate retreat was not an option. First it would make them rebels, while strongest Organization warriors were still loyal to MiBs. Rafaela alone was strong enough to find and execute all of them. Second - they were slowing down an advancing AB army, giving time the Northerners to evacuate.
Now she and her followers is in no danger of MiBs direct retaliation. All warriors and trainees defected to her side. And she is giving MiBs time to evacuate... Although I must admit, most probably Awakened Hysteria is fast enough to catch running warriors, assuming an AB would like to attack and devour "foul-tasting" Claymores instead of going after MiBs (at least some of them should be human).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Night
I just checked the battle between Isley and Luciella. The exlposions from that fight were huge, dwarfing the trees around there, and that was before they transformed into their awakened forms.
When Riful was forcing Renee to awake Raciella, Renee was sure that during such awakening not only her but even Dauf would be obliterated. Here, awakening of 3 powerful no. 1, was not dangerous neither to scenery nor to lying around, unconscious and wounded claymore warriors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927
No, my thoughts on their power-levels have not so much to due with their appearance (although it does to a slight degree), but so much analyzing Dae's words; his reaction to Priscilla and his lack of mentioning Teresa feel very glaring to me, and says alot about his knowlege/awarenss, or lack their of; it doesn't bode well for the ZAOS, especially if he favored them especially for their power.
It won't be the first time, when MiBs failed to recognize true potential of warriors, but usually they're right. Also all those three was formerly no. 1, so they were strongest of their generations (no other warriors succeeded or even dared to challenge them). It means, at best, each of ZAO is as "weak" as Isley.

Old 2011-12-02, 18:35   Link #242
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
I thought that too. I assumed that Luciella was the weakest and that Isley or Riful was the strongest (most likely Isley).
[ Luciella/Riful < Isley/Alicia ] is how I've always seen it in my mind; I don't want to get into another huge debate on that though

And White Silver King, we know Hysteria's title - it's "Hysteria the Elegent", unless I didn't understand you clearly.
Old 2011-12-02, 18:51   Link #243
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
I thought that too. I assumed that Luciella was the weakest and that Isley or Riful was the strongest (most likely Isley).
Eh, while I liked Isley I don't think he was the strongest. He and Luciela pretty much tied in their fight; when they were as worn down as they were I think it could have gone either way. In fact, while Isley's Yoki lasted just a little longer (he had the largest Yoki out of the 3, as stated by Helen) his wounds were so deep they extended to his human form, while Luciela didn't have a scratch on her. So, imo, Riful is either as strong as those two or very slightly stronger. And if she is stronger, I don't think it has anything to do with her inherent power but the fact that killing is next to impossible in her Awakened form. When I think about it, I don't see how Isley could injure Riful but that doesn't mean he can't.

Edit: I agree that Alicia is stronger than any of the originial AOs. I wouldn't expect anything less, though, seeing as how she has the unique ability among the AOs to grow in power since she can still train her warrior form which will give her continous boosts in her awakened form.

Quote:
Helen (or was it Deneve?) mentioned that Isley's yoki surpassed even Riful's. But who knows how big of a gap there was.
It was Deneve, but more Yoki does not necessarily mean more power.

Quote:
And White Silver King, we know Hysteria's title - it's "Hysteria the Elegent", unless I didn't understand you clearly.
I meant her actual name, Hysteria. It means to be pretty much insane.
Old 2011-12-02, 19:03   Link #244
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro
When Riful was forcing Renee to awake Raciella, Renee was sure that during such awakening not only her but even Dauf would be obliterated. Here, awakening of 3 powerful no. 1, was not dangerous neither to scenery nor to lying around, unconscious and wounded claymore warriors.
Don't compare two different things with each other.
The Destroyer was a FUSION between two sisters from whom one was already an awakened abyssal one class and the other had the potential of becoming one and the awakening was in a cave.
The destroyer was the only being able to rival priscilla in strength.
Despite i still think clare used some mind trick on priscilla to contain her because i fear that with only raw strength priscilla would be still superior to the destroyer.
Old 2011-12-02, 19:34   Link #245
White Silver King
The Isley

I just reread the Alicia v Riful fight. Does Beth have PYS like Claire? She evaded all of Duffs pole/bullets with her eyes clothes.
Old 2011-12-02, 19:56   Link #246
White Silver King
The Isley

^...What are you talking about?
Old 2011-12-02, 20:05   Link #247
Eromal66

So I looked at Roxanne's and Hysteria's AO forms, Roxanne looks pretty awesome I'm very pleased she reminds me of a valkyrie as they are usally depicted with like armour breast plates. She actually looks cool and menacing and could fit in with any of the original AB places. Now hysteria...I mean she looks like if a double digit awakened, her top half is very beautiful sooo what happed to the bottom? And she can't take the claymore out of her throat It's called taking one of your..."legs" if I can call them that and put it before the hilt and do you see those two things extending from the hilt horizontally also known as the cross guard move your leg foward and TADA its black magic. Roxxane wins best design ,she has redeemed herself from when she had her laughing episode with awakened Cassandra. How in the world did Cassandra huge Cassandra evade Roxanne attack that i will now name Twisted Blade. I mean Roxanne had to leave some big gaps that not even one of her tentacle face thingies got sliced I mean really not even a scratch what type of foolishness, and one of the twins cut her finger off..we can safely assume she is not as resilient as Riful despite her metal apperance. I'm still optimistic though.

Last edited by Eromal66; 2011-12-02 at 20:28. Reason: Needed to add more did not think I should double post
Old 2011-12-02, 22:05   Link #248
Double_friedman

I am pretty sure Roxxie was the strongest as a Claymore; Cassie never was a threat for her. The ZAOS looked waaaay cooler before awakening.
I don't know why people assume the old AO were very strong or kind of untouchable. Maybe it was the aura created by Yagi and reinforced by the low overall power of the warriors back then.
The way Riful was defeated by the destroyer and then by Alice made her look like a weakling.

After watching how Cassie avoided Roxxie's attack I have the impression that Roxxie is weaker than her, and an overall weak AB (which doesn't mean weaker than the other AO). Hysteria is rubbish, so I cannot tell if she's strong or weak.

And I agree with Gooral, last chapter was so stupid and the stupidity continued in this chapter with Hysteria's throat...
Old 2011-12-02, 23:54   Link #249
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

I kinda had a feeling Roxanne was gonna have the best looking awakened form among the three and that Hysteria's was just gonna be a lil plain. Good thing I didn't have high expectations for that. I seriously LOLed when I read a blogger comment on the chapter and called Cassandra the Master of Limbo.

Maybe somehow that sword stuck in Hysteria's throat will be a little responsible for her demise later on. Sort of like those small twist factors.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2011-12-02, 23:59   Link #250
Ghost Knight

Chapter is awesome! Like War in Pieta.
Old 2011-12-03, 00:04   Link #251
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throne Invader View Post

Maybe somehow that sword stuck in Hysteria's throat will be a little responsible for her demise later on. Sort of like those small twist factors.
Yeah maybe Miria or someone will hit it just right to cut her head off. But that would be a very anti-climatic ending for a AO level enemy.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-03, 01:10   Link #252
GundamZZ
残念美人

The new forms of awakening beings doesn't bring as much impact as Riful. Neverthelss, these forms are creative.

What got into Helen and Deneb's heads? They used to follow the rule: Avoid the direct confrontation with the powerhouse, Riful and Isley. They used to dodge and run. Now, they act as they are facing Agatha. Can it be Hysteria is not as strong as Ruful?

It's sad to see two former number 1 cursing each other. They call each other S--t. How low can they get? Really really sad. I have to think that they are just corpses of former number 1. Number 1 are never revived. Now, I feel better.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2011-12-03 at 01:21.
Old 2011-12-03, 01:25   Link #253
Gooral
Banned

Translation is out on MH !!!
Old 2011-12-03, 02:08   Link #254
claremore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Translation is out on MH !!!
Cassandra's dialog makes me want to give this a 10.

"You, who taste worse than shit
can keep eating shit forever until you turn into shit yourself."
Old 2011-12-03, 05:31   Link #255
MalakTawus

Just want to point out that even if they said that Isley yoki surpassed Riful.....it actually means nothing since Riful never released her real yoki in front of Helen and Deneve.....and also i doubt that the yoki that Isley was showing at that moment was really at its max considering his conditions......
....in other words that observation doesn't give us any information about their real power,just saying.....

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2011-12-03 at 06:48.
Old 2011-12-03, 07:45   Link #256
Fermat

Just read the chapter.

First things first... Was Yagi high when he drew Hysteria's awakened form? I waited with much excitement these past few weeks, expecting to see one of the most beautiful awakened forms ever to grace the pages of CLAYMORE, and he gives me that!? I see no elegance at all. What is up with those plain and awkward legs? A little detail would've been appreciated. Instead he gave us black squiggles. At least the details on those plate-like braids are nice, but the rest is, well, not. Above all else, I really wanted a sense of cohesiveness in terms of overall design. It's like Yagi couldn't decide whether he wanted Hysteria to be an avian, a flower, or an insect, so he just put in features of all three, resulting in an amalgamation of the foulest sort. I'd have to agree with what someone said earlier. Perhaps the only thing needed for victory is a mirror. Once Hysteria sees how ugly she is, she just might throw herself in between Cassandra and Roxanne to get minced to bits.

Roxanne's design is much better. Not exactly unique and outstanding, but better. The whole bionic thing with all those overlapping plates is quite nice. That initial image seemed a bit too... anorexic, but later images showed that the legs and waist weren't too narrow. That image where she lashes out her whip-like appendages reminded me about the AB that Ophelia killed (which I felt was quite cool, by the way).

In the end, Cassandra seems to have the most striking design. Roxanne's design may be nicer aesthetically overall, but Cassandra's is certainly the most memorable. Yagi seems to be running out of ideas. Now I'm starting to worry that if Clare or any of the Ghosts awaken completely, they'd look like mutated cows.

As for other parts of the scene, that little scene between the twins and the limbless wonders was quite touching. Who knew the proud Audrey could deliver such lines.

Cassandra dodging Roxanne's whips is a bit silly. I know, I predicted that Cassandra just might be able to do the Dust Eater in her awakened form a while back and thought it would actually be cool, but the attack she managed to dodge was just ridiculous. No matter how low she can get, she simply couldn't possibly have evaded all of Roxanne's blows. Her base is simply too large a target.

Last but not least, I go to the sheer stupidity of Hysteria's situation. Her legs had the ability to extend and separate into segments. Couldn't she place those segments perpendicular to the cross-guard and push it off? It those legs can't extend such a short distance, then she's probably the AO with the shortest attack range. Also, couldn't she just ram her back into something to push it off? Poor Hysteria. Not only did she get the ugliest awakened form, but the awakening process seems to have caused a 50-point drop in IQ as well...

Last edited by Fermat; 2011-12-03 at 08:14.
Old 2011-12-03, 09:47   Link #257
klare

i think Hysteria the Elegant was just toying and joking with Miria about not able to pull out that sword
Old 2011-12-03, 09:58   Link #258
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Shit... just read the translation and it was worse than shit. It left a foul taste in my mouth... like shit.

Doesnt Yagi realize how saying shit so much detracted from the chapter... shit.
Old 2011-12-03, 10:52   Link #259
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Shit... just read the translation and it was worse than shit. It left a foul taste in my mouth... like shit.

Doesnt Yagi realize how saying shit so much detracted from the chapter... shit.
Well "it" did hit the fan.
Old 2011-12-03, 10:54   Link #260
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
It's sad to see two former number 1 cursing each other. They call each other S--t. How low can they get? Really really sad. I have to think that they are just corpses of former number 1. Number 1 are never revived. Now, I feel better.
I agree, especially with Cassandra - her saying shit over and over and over is getting really annoying. At least the last 3 AOs all had their own personalities and commendable wit.