AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-10-27, 15:00   Link #1
arcadeplayer987

Crysis

I've played the demo and is awesome but too short. The graphics are great and also the gameplay. What do you think??
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 22:13   Link #2
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

yep, it's awesome, but on this computer I had to run it on 800x600 on all low settings to make it playable. Then again, this is a shitty computer and I'm building a new one with a quad core and 8800GT
Old 2007-10-27, 22:44   Link #3
ImperialPanda

Would love to play it but my computer would blow up rendering the first frame.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 23:35   Link #4
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
WHEEEEEERE! MUST HAVE IT!

Ps.: I'll update this when I get it.

Edit:

Okay, just played it and, well... I was impressed by the graphics and the gameplay, which is pretty good. The suit energy runs out way too fast and the enemies are hard to hit, but that's probably because I havent been playing shooters in a while. Two things disappointed me in the game though, one of which is the fact that running it on max settings at 1280x1024 seems to be too hard of a job for my 8800GTS - I was hoping I could brag that it ran smoothly oh my setup, but oh well, I guess I was asking too much. Second thing that made me go "ugh..." was the whole Alien attack and what-not. I simply hate shooting games when they're against that kind of stuff - zombies, mutants, aliens, you name it. I'm more of a Military-style shooter fan, so... ( that's the reason why my experiences with STALKER and Half Life/Half Life 2 ended so quickly).

But though it was just a glimpse of what's coming, I'd say the game will deliver.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"

Last edited by Zero Shinohara; 2007-10-28 at 01:27.
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 04:37   Link #5
problemedchild
ô_ô

I enjoyed the demo quite a bit. I'd have to agree with Zero though, fighting verus aliens isn't my ideal choice for a FPS, but I'll work with what I've got!

Gun power and accuracy could use some help though. Shouldn't take 20 shots to kill a person when they're only 10 feet away.

I was able to do 1920x1080 on high with 2x AA at about 20ish FPS. It's playable though, so I'm happy.

Last edited by problemedchild; 2007-10-28 at 04:52.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 20:05   Link #6
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
Gun power and accuracy could use some help though. Shouldn't take 20 shots to kill a person when they're only 10 feet away.
Yeah, besides the fact the shots seem to wander aroud like crazy. I also missed the implementation of the sniper scope as we saw in all of those pre-launch videos. That would make for one kickass addition to the whole binnoculars + beach area of this demo.

And after you said you were going with only 2x AA, I tried lowering my 16q to 2, 4 and 8, and I found that I'm getting quite a few fps with everything maxed out as well. It's most enjoyable, I'll say that much I just hope we get a few instances where we're out of the whole forest scenery though... it's though to find out where those guys in camo are in the midst of so much bush and trees. And I'll, again, complain about the suit energy running out way too fast. It's hard to do all those amazing combos when you can barely jump once and the energy is out.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2007-10-28, 23:17   Link #7
problemedchild
ô_ô

Most people with GTXs can't do much more than 2-4X AA on High Detail. I believe it's nearly impossible to do AA with Ultra High Detail under DX10. SLI doesn't work with Crysis, but when it does, it should allow some AA with Ultra High.
Old 2007-10-30, 14:42   Link #8
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
SLI doesn't work with Crysis, but when it does, it should allow some AA with Ultra High.
That is stupid because Crossfire does work with Crysis demo and as far I know Nvidia has optimized their driver better than ATI for this game
Old 2007-10-30, 20:06   Link #9
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeplayer987 View Post
That is stupid because Crossfire does work with Crysis demo and as far I know Nvidia has optimized their driver better than ATI for this game
Ya, but when people are reporting 7 FPS with 8800 GTS in SLI, you know there are problems =P

Nvidia better have optimized drivers for Crysis, it's a big fucking Nvidia logo its box
Old 2007-10-30, 21:39   Link #10
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
man i need to build a new pc with Nvdia 8800GT cuz this game is a MUST HAVE!
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 11:42   Link #11
arcadeplayer987

I got 27fps average with 8800GTS 320mb and E6750 at 1280x1024 and high settings
Old 2007-11-04, 20:25   Link #12
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

I just read some dude saying you need a Quad-Core, 2 8800GTX's in SLI and 8 gigs of ram to run it at max settings... and I gotta say I lolled so hard at that. Seriously, that's just a cheap-ass excuse to have his mom get him a new rig. After arcade told me about the AA stuff and I lowered it to 8, it's running smoother than loli chest.

And just a reminder... 12 days

Edit:

Quote:
I got 27fps average with 8800GTS 320mb and E6750 at 1280x1024 and high settings
What? Does processing power makes that much difference?
I'm getting 13-14FPS on all High, 1280x1024 and no AA, that with my 8800GTS 640 normally clocked. I get about 23 FPS after I spike it up to 615/950, but I don't want to stress it THAT much. After all, it's almost as fast as a GTX OC'd. It runs on high 70's with the fans at 100%.

Last edited by Zero Shinohara; 2007-11-09 at 23:58.
Old 2007-11-16, 03:50   Link #13
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
I just read some dude saying you need a Quad-Core, 2 8800GTX's in SLI and 8 gigs of ram to run it at max settings... and I gotta say I lolled so hard at that. Seriously, that's just a cheap-ass excuse to have his mom get him a new rig. After arcade told me about the AA stuff and I lowered it to 8, it's running smoother than loli chest.

And just a reminder... 12 days

Edit:

What? Does processing power makes that much difference?
I'm getting 13-14FPS on all High, 1280x1024 and no AA, that with my 8800GTS 640 normally clocked. I get about 23 FPS after I spike it up to 615/950, but I don't want to stress it THAT much. After all, it's almost as fast as a GTX OC'd. It runs on high 70's with the fans at 100%.
The game's out now.

Also, the GT is 100 bucks less than a GTS, but has equal performance to a GTX or so. It came out like a week ago. It has incredible specs.

And now that the full game is out, people with quad cores are seeing a huge jump in FPS. See, the demo is only single core.

Quad cores gain like a 30 FPS increase, or so many people claim. Crysis now uses all 4 cores.
Old 2007-11-19, 16:10   Link #14
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougi Shiki View Post
The game's out now.

Also, the GT is 100 bucks less than a GTS, but has equal performance to a GTX or so. It came out like a week ago. It has incredible specs.

And now that the full game is out, people with quad cores are seeing a huge jump in FPS. See, the demo is only single core.

Quad cores gain like a 30 FPS increase, or so many people claim. Crysis now uses all 4 cores.
Actually GTS and GT has the same price, where do you saw GT 100 bucks cheaper than GTS??
Old 2007-11-19, 17:47   Link #15
Tiberium Wolf

OK. I played the game.

My specs: e6600, 2Gb RAM and 8800 GTS 320M.

I tried on vista only and I could only play it at 1024*768 with med settings. Either the resolution or quality settings get changed up then you won't have a smooth playing anymore. Not playing smoothly is not good. The game really is for the next gen hardware. BTW, since I tried in vista I ended eating more then 2 GB of RAM so it started to use swapfile... more delays.

Complains: Some bugs like I see a gun pass though the wall and when I got inside there is no enemy and the gun drops to the ground. Man what the hell are the beta testers doing? Enemy movements seems kinda sucky. I played a few lvls and there isn't much weapons variety.

Besides all that the game environment is awesome. There was some ducks or whatever it was I picked it up and it was still alive in my hand. Pity it dies when I throw it. Or like the melon that when I throw it then it breaks apart.

Anyway need to check more of the game.

Edit: I check the game in winxp. I was able to play at 1280x1024 with med setting. Had to turn off AA coz it was bugged. Extremely bugged. Bah... Vista sux at games.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2007-11-19 at 19:38.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 20:21   Link #16
Honey_and_Cleaver

this game is good and all, but i keep dying a lot, i have to switch armor and strength, invisibilty one at a time which is damn hard, and if you switch to either one, your armor is off,so your naked, energy keeps dying off too quick, ammo finishes too quickly,missions are damn far, travelling is slow,reticule is too unstable and innacurate to a degree where its a pain in the ass, so damn frustrating
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 22:53   Link #17
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeplayer987 View Post
Actually GTS and GT has the same price, where do you saw GT 100 bucks cheaper than GTS??
No, not really. It's better than the 640MB GTS AND the 320MB model.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130300

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130080
Old 2007-11-20, 05:11   Link #18
Tiberium Wolf

OMG! Another thing I noticed. I saw one of the N-Korean soldiers taking a leak. LOL
Old 2007-11-20, 15:09   Link #19
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
OMG! Another thing I noticed. I saw one of the N-Korean soldiers taking a leak. LOL
Did you shoot him??
Old 2007-11-20, 16:12   Link #20
Tiberium Wolf

It was too far. I was using binoculars. I wonder what he would look like it he was killed like that.

Spoiler:

BTW, I noticed that crytec really sux at the cinematics. I though they had improved from farcry but the work remains sloppy.

Edit: Bah... I used god_mode to see the ending.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2007-11-20 at 16:57.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote