AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-12-29, 18:51   Link #1
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Firefox will not let me download.

Just today i've been having lots of issues with firefox not letting me download anything from image files to exe to torrents. I thought it was just a minor but so I thought restarting firefox would suffice, but after doing that nothing happened. After uninstalling it and deleting any other info from my computer about firefox, i reinstalled it and yet again nothing happened, and I reset and defaulted all of firefox's data too. After all of this nothing has worked out so far.

I also thought that it was downloading without opening the download popup, but I have never had that happened so far and I check the folder in which the downloaded item should've been and with much dismay it's not there.

The download works perfectly in Internet Explorer and my download managers like DAP and Free Download Manager but I rather have them in firefox.

Any suggestion?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 19:09   Link #2
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Did you install any extensions or plugins that may have messed up how it downloads?

Well try some of the things here...
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_...download_files

Deleting everything about firefox or any other program isn't as easy as it sounds. Many put files in registry and user profiles that aren't removed when something in uninstalled.

If these do not work, and you know when the problem started, you could also try a windows system restore to before that date.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 19:25   Link #3
Tiberium Wolf

What exactly happens when you dl something in FF ? The DL popup don't show any dl in progress? Any msg error?
Old 2007-12-29, 20:03   Link #4
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Normally, reinstalling should have gotten rid of any of the problems, if the problem is related to firefox. Also try installing another version, for instance, one of the newest versions (such as 3 beta 2). If it is a security issue, a different version might solve the problem.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 20:06   Link #5
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco View Post
Did you install any extensions or plugins that may have messed up how it downloads?

Well try some of the things here...
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_...download_files

Deleting everything about firefox or any other program isn't as easy as it sounds. Many put files in registry and user profiles that aren't removed when something in uninstalled.

If these do not work, and you know when the problem started, you could also try a windows system restore to before that date.
Ok I got it, it seem that my downloads.rdf was corrupted and deleting it was the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
What exactly happens when you dl something in FF ? The DL popup don't show any dl in progress? Any msg error?
Even though I got it solved now. This is what happened.

1After attempting to "save image", and selecting teh file directory and clicking save no download popup would appear and no download will be commencing. There were no error from my side, just no action and no progress.

--

Thanks for the help Neaco and Tiberium Wolf ^_^. Manually deleting the downloads.rdf from my personal file did the job. I think it was my fault, cause I keep lots and lots of download on my download popup and i don't clear it too much and it must have maxed.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 00:19   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Usually my solution to any and all Firefox problems is to blow away the configuration directory. On Linux it's in ~/.mozilla/firefox/something.default. I don't know where it lives on Windows.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote