Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-13, 03:16   Link #941
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
It's based on a light novel not a manga. And the novel has not ended. I think there up to 9 or 10 volumes.
Currently there is only 8 volumes out there.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha

Last edited by narmi; 2008-02-04 at 13:26. Reason: opps forgot to add the number XD
Old 2008-01-13, 03:45   Link #942
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post
Currently there is only volumes out there.
It's:

Light Novel - 8 volumes (considering how the release date between 7-8 was 6 months, 9 will be around March-April)
Side Light Novel - 3 volumes
Manga - 2 Volumes

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-01-14, 16:37   Link #943
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Well, since I looked and didn't see this pic before...

Old 2008-02-02, 13:20   Link #944
Midonin
Last Engage

So...

Character Song CD out in a matter of days.
Old 2008-02-05, 17:54   Link #945
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

The anime was awesome.
Funny, lovely and with nice action
I could watch 12 more Episodes anytime.
Old 2008-02-05, 19:50   Link #946
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Character song opinions:

Yubikiri - Same as OP

1 or 8 (Mayu) - Energetic but not something to listen to continuously, 7/10

Love&Luck (Hinako, Shinobu, Irori) - Surpassed my expectations in enjoyability, 8/10

Black Queen (Ryouko, Shungo) - The only lines Shungo have are tsukkomis in-betweem Ryouko singing, not really that good... 5.5/10

Daikirai! Aishiteru (Reika) - Not exactly amazing, but not Ryouko level..., 7/10

Furefureponpon! - Same as ED

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-02-07, 10:23   Link #947
narmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
The anime was awesome.
Funny, lovely and with nice action
I could watch 12 more Episodes anytime.
:Heh:, they could do a second season but I doubt it will be as popular when compared to the first season.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2008-02-07, 10:29   Link #948
Nergy

Send a message via MSN to Nergy Send a message via Yahoo to Nergy
I watched up to episode 8 and stopped. It wasn't BAD, i just found the humour a little off and it felt like another harem anime, in my opinion. That and i had a TON of Boxsets i wanted to watch at that time. Sorry.

I did like the second ending sequence though, that was fun to watch.
Old 2008-02-07, 13:26   Link #949
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I'd like a whole season dedicated to Reika's breasts
Old 2008-02-07, 13:44   Link #950
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I'd like a whole season dedicated to Reika's breasts
That would be a small season.

Hehe, though a 2nd season showing the rest of the succubi would be cool.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2008-02-10, 03:13   Link #951
relentlessflame

*Administrator

R2 DVD Report (DVDs 1 & 2)

A little late, but here's an update about the first the first two Japanese DVDs from Kadokawa. I'm collecting the Limited Editions (as I'm a sucker for those), but it always pains me a bit given the price! Anyway, a few of these images were already posted in other contexts, but this should give you a better sense of where they come from.

(As usual, none of the spoiler tags below are actually spoilers. I just prefer to keep things tidied up this way.)

First off, the DVD box for the series... I didn't have the chance to complete the merge of the three sides of the box yet... but still, I think the box looks quite good and suits the series.
Spoiler for Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun DVD Box:
The DVDs themselves come in slim DVD cases (which seems to be something of a new trend for Kadokawa, as Lucky Star was the same way). The box holds 6 slim DVD cases, which means that none of the LE extras will fit in it (which is what Kadokawa always does, which is super annoying...) But anyway...

The limited editions come in a cardboard container that they actually encourage you to cut up, because the covers double as calendar cards. The first DVD came with a corresponding calendar card holder.
Spoiler for LE DVDs 1 & 2 Box Covers:
I especially noticed this image set from the first DVD posted earlier in the thread. The Limited Edition DVDs come with a special Bonus CD, which consists of three bonus drama tracks (one long drama, and two shorter sets). These also come in slim DVD cases, and the covers are two-sided (for pretty good effect). They are also Incredibly Not Safe For Work.
Spoiler for Bonus CDs 1 & 2 Front and Back Covers (Barely Safe For AnimeSuki, never mind work!):
For those wondering what the dramas are like... well, suffice it to say, they contain a lot of Mayu being clumsy, Reika hyperventilating and acting embarrassed, and plenty of scenes that sound like they could be mistaken for something a lot more explicit. So, basically... it's just like the show.

The other thing that comes with the Limited Editions is a "Special Booklet" that contains lineart, character introductions, interviews, episode highlights, and a bunch of bonus full-colour illustrations from the light novel's main illustrator! You may recognize some of the images, as some of them were used as eyecatches in the show. I like the covers too - good choice of lineart illustrations that highlight the character in question.
Spoiler for DVD 1 & 2 Special Booklet Covers:
Spoiler for Special Booklet 1 Illustrations:
Spoiler for Special Booklet 2 Illustrations:
The DVDs themselves, of course, contain two episodes each, and there'll be 6 in all. In terms of bonus features, the first two discs have each contained video segments of live cast events including interviews, live performances of the theme song, and so on.

The one thing that's different about the DVD version of the show is that the first two episodes now have the normal ED sequence, which means that the part that was shrunk into a little window during the TV airing is now full screen and part of the normal episode. I actually sort of think I preferred the pacing of the episodes the way they were in the TV episodes a little bit (with the last scene on while the credits were running), but it's no big deal. Other than that, the episode content seems to be the same (haven't yet had a chance to watch episodes 3 & 4).

So that's the DVD report! It's not cheap, but Kadokawa's ~8000 yen LEs always come with some interesting extras, as you can see. The next DVD will be out in a few weeks, and I'll try to post the "scoop" (okay, not really a scoop at all...) when I get the chance. Enjoy!
Old 2008-02-10, 18:00   Link #952
Zythus

mmm quick question, it would seem that animeyoshi's batch release of this anime....the fansubbs don't show up in the MKV files...

which fansub did you guys watch it from? I was really hoping for AVI bur MKV with subs that work would be fine.
Old 2008-02-10, 19:40   Link #953
lightl

I thought it had more pantsu shots that wer not in the on TV version , I have to agree relentlessflame its expansive though can go for teh RE version which is about 2k yen less.
Old 2008-02-11, 05:44   Link #954
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Not safe for work is not safe for work don't let other mods find out XD

Thx for such a nice report Looks great even if it leaves quite a smoking hole in the wallet O.o

gj ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-12, 11:46   Link #955
narmi

Wow.... $80 Canadian per DVD volume *check savings book*. I'm going to wait for about 1 year and hope they release it in a complete series dvd box set .

The images from the DVD looks great and thank you for posting them relentlessflame. After I saw the dvd special booklets I'm dying to get them now but money is an issue *sigh*.

Old 2008-02-12, 16:05   Link #956
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
While not half as fanservicey as the OP/ED single, the cover for the upcoming OST features another nice shot of our leading ladies.
When can we expect the OST to be out anyway?
Old 2008-02-12, 17:26   Link #957
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi no Hibi View Post
When can we expect the OST to be out anyway?
It already is out; released on December 26th.
Old 2008-03-30, 08:21   Link #958
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Probably the worst show from 2007 that I subjected myself to, but then again that's coming from a very small sample size. Perhaps the only reason I continued watching was because I liked Reika, Hosaka and Shinobu, so at least I liked something about it. I loathed Maya, partly because to me she resembled Miharu from Girls Bravo, which is an automatic minus in my books. Other than that, the whole "plot" could be seen from a mile away.

No one to blame but myself on this one, I knew what I was getting into when I read the summary. I may have been able to stomach this show easily in my younger years but not anymore, but I suppose that's just how jaded I've become.

I liked the eyecatch illustrations though, for some reason they reminded me of Canvas2, it's too bad the anime designs weren't even close to illustrations.
Old 2008-03-31, 18:02   Link #959
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

6.5/10, I would've gave it a 7 if the ending was less broad. Shouldn't do that unless you're planning for a second season. I enjoyed it for what it was worth, it reminded me a lot of Girls Bravo. The plot reminded me too much of GB, in the fact that it wasn't very in depth and left a lot of things out of the open. The humor was alright, it just wasn't crisp, it felt half baked. I enjoyed the characters and ecchi. The main character was pretty cool for a change. He wasn't too perverted, wimpy or average. Still had that indecisive quality many harem characters possess, but can't be perfect.

Overall this show could've done much better and it's no wonder I never heard of it.
Old 2008-03-31, 18:29   Link #960
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Lord View Post
6.5/10, I would've gave it a 7 if the ending was less broad. Shouldn't do that unless you're planning for a second season. I enjoyed it for what it was worth, it reminded me a lot of Girls Bravo. The plot reminded me too much of GB, in the fact that it wasn't very in depth and left a lot of things out of the open. The humor was alright, it just wasn't crisp, it felt half baked. I enjoyed the characters and ecchi. The main character was pretty cool for a change. He wasn't too perverted, wimpy or average. Still had that indecisive quality many harem characters possess, but can't be perfect.

Overall this show could've done much better and it's no wonder I never heard of it.
Whats wrong with being Indecisive. What i hate is when they try to make them be "indescisive" while they are always saying oo yeah I love blah and Only blushing about blah. I hate those kind of harems. Why cant all male leads be like Mokoto and the one from True tears. Now those are real Harem leads you never knew what they would next or who they would pick.
Closed Thread

Tags
aic spirits, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, kadokawa, romance, shounen