AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-21, 23:52   Link #21
denice25

i think this chapter will be great!
Old 2009-04-22, 01:54   Link #22
29pav

is magellan logia or parcemica
Old 2009-04-22, 02:10   Link #23
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29pav View Post
is magellan logia or parcemica
I'm suspecting that it's closer to paramecia type. When he did that venom road move. It was so his body could travel upward. Much in the same way Luffy has to stretch his arm upward before he can zoom upward.
Unlike how Kizaru literally became light to travel. Also if Magellan was logia type Luffy's punch should of just gone through his body.

I still believe that if Luffy hadn't of been weakened from hunger before he would of already defeated Magellan when he first hit him with that final move.
Old 2009-04-22, 02:44   Link #24
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

But why is Crocodile so desperate to escape now but refused his earlier chance of escape during the mini story arc?
Old 2009-04-22, 02:47   Link #25
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Well, the reason why he may wanted to escape is because of the possible change in power struggle favoring him later on. And this happening soon. But, of course, he may have some other motives related to his secret (which is not him being a female pirate before).
Old 2009-04-22, 03:42   Link #26
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

i believe crocodile got some plan tt involve the whole war. he had so much time in prison to tot up of a plan to restart his pirate career and this prison break by luffy provides him with the opportunity and the ppl to help execute tt plan
Old 2009-04-22, 04:08   Link #27
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Here's your answer. I posted this over at AP.

Quote:
one of the Himajin pics:
Ivasan: Let's release him, Mugiwara boy. He would be a powerful addition to us.
I know you won't stop now... especially if you intend to go to Marine HQ!!
Luffy: Huh, Iwachan!! But this guy did....!

Crocodile: Ivankov...!!!

Ivasan: Long time no see (rest cut off)
Luffy: You know him!?
Ivasan: Yes, long time ago... When he was still just a rookie!
Don't worry, even if he does betray us, I'll keep him down. We can't trust him, but...
I'm holding a "weakness" of his! I'll keep my mouth shut, if he agrees to lend us just his power!
Crocodile: damn you....!!!

There you go, for those who were debating on Croc's betrayal.
Croc's motive to get out of the prison, is becase he wants to go after Whitebeard.
Also from the last panel:
Jinbei: I won't let you go after old man Whitebeard, Crocodile...!
Crocodile: Or what, you wanna fight to the death right now?

Last edited by aohige; 2009-04-22 at 13:12.
Old 2009-04-22, 05:06   Link #28
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Here's your answer. I posted this over at AP.
Thanks for posting...

From his reaction at seeing Iwa, Crocodile definitely has a past he'd rather forget involving Iwa. I wonder what that could be... Either way, Crocodile will have to toe the line for now - going to be a rather rowdy group

Also, from the other pics, Ace is now certain that Luffy is in Impel Down after all and is kicking up a fuss about it.

btw, the gas released was actually just sleeping gas. Luffy charges into it and promptly falls asleep
Old 2009-04-22, 05:22   Link #29
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Anyone knows what Inazuma's scissor devil fruit is capable of so far? Its not so clear in spoiler pics but Im suspecting of something close to MR1's.Only scissor style this time, not blades.
Old 2009-04-22, 08:35   Link #30
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Anyone knows what Inazuma's scissor devil fruit is capable of so far? Its not so clear in spoiler pics but Im suspecting of something close to MR1's.Only scissor style this time, not blades.
Not really.

In Japanese, it's the "choki-choki no mi" - or "snip-snip fruit" in English. However, by itself "choki" means "scissors" as in "rock-paper-scissors", hence the scissor motif. I'm not aware of how it could apply to his visual style - might be entirely unreleated.
Old 2009-04-22, 08:38   Link #31
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I'm not too surprised about Crocodile helping Luffy, either. However, that "secret" of his certainly piqued my interest. Looks like Oda is going to explore Crocodile's history a bit in this storyline after all. Perhaps we'll finally find out why he abandoned his dream of becoming Pirate King....?...
Knowing Oda, is possibly something funny that just embarrass Cocodrile…a third nipple or Maybe Cocodrile san was a girl and Ivankov transformed her/him in to a guy…
Old 2009-04-22, 08:46   Link #32
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I wonder why they build this whole Ryuuma guy and even gave him a flashback if we won't see him. He's just somewhere up there imprisoned like this giant or the most fearsom woman, but that's all we know
I hope Oda somehow let them espace or something. Like Luffy would cause a major prison break out XD
Old 2009-04-22, 09:42   Link #33
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
I wonder why they build this whole Ryuuma guy and even gave him a flashback if we won't see him. He's just somewhere up there imprisoned like this giant or the most fearsom woman, but that's all we know
I hope Oda somehow let them espace or something. Like Luffy would cause a major prison break out XD

Uh, his name is Shiryuu. Anyway, even if he (sadly) doesn't appear in this chapter, he'll most likely appear in the new chapter after the break. But c'mon, we've got THIS:

Spoiler:

Aaaaaww yeah. The party's really gonna get started now, homes.

Edit: But still, as cool as this development is, I still gotta wonder if Iva really can keep Croc in check, despite knowing this big secret of his. I mean, he isn't exactly the most trustworthy of people, after all. If Buggy and Mr. 3 made all those efforts to ditch Luffy on the previous floors, what's to stop Crocodile from backstabbing him (probably literally) in level 6....?

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-04-22 at 10:22.
Old 2009-04-22, 10:16   Link #34
Master Mold
Banned

So far nothing really amazing in this chapter. It alright chapter going off the spoilers. I'm just glad we are Finally past the excepted point in this Arc.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-04-22 at 10:39.
Old 2009-04-22, 10:46   Link #35
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Uh, his name is Shiryuu. Anyway, even if he (sadly) doesn't appear in this chapter, he'll most likely appear in the new chapter after the break. But c'mon, we've got THIS:

Spoiler:

Edit: But still, as cool as this development is, I still gotta wonder if Iva really can keep Croc in check, despite knowing this big secret of his. I mean, he isn't exactly the most trustworthy of people, after all. If Buggy and Mr. 3 made all those efforts to ditch Luffy on the previous floors, what's to stop Crocodile from backstabbing him (probably literally) in level 6....?
Sorry, I keep on forgeting his name and this time I even mistaken it for someone else's XD Maybe when I'll finally see him (and like) I'll be able to memorise it like Magellan's XD

Prison SH has been changed and upgraded. From Buggy, Mr3 and Bon-chan we've got to this XD Not only more characters but a share power of them is incredible.
Old 2009-04-22, 11:16   Link #36
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
After Golden Week we should certainly get some fireworks

Quote:
His intelligence...?

Crocodile can take care of himself in general and isn't a coward, but he can't fly away from Impel Down. He can reasonably expect that the others won't betray him until it's over - they're letting him out because they need his help. For now, he can simply let the others do most of the work / take most of the risks and do just enough to be helpful. After all, there's a chance that Iwa could die along the way but backstabbing Iwa early would mean having to take on Luffy and Jinbei. So, Crocodile should just bide his time and wait.

But of course he's still a devious bastard. He will try something eventually - I'd be disappointed if he didn't

btw, my impression is that Iva knows something that would embarrass Crocodile, rather than it being some physical weakness. So, Croc can't simply run away and risk having his secret exposed.
Old 2009-04-22, 11:28   Link #37
Rainbowman

Quote:

Spoiler:

Speaking of Buggy, Luffy didn't really give him the glass armband right? I mean if Buggy did ditch Luffy that could mean he broke his promise.
Old 2009-04-22, 12:13   Link #38
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
btw, my impression is that Iva knows something that would embarrass Crocodile, rather than it being some physical weakness. So, Croc can't simply run away and risk having his secret exposed.

Oh, I concur. But I still believe that the secret may also have something to do with his old wounds, as well (I highly doubt that it's the whole "ZOMG CROCODILE'S A WOMAN" theory that seems to be gaining popularity ). If Ivankov's familiar with his secret, then Croc must have some connection to the revolutionaries.... maybe he made some shady "business" deals with them during his rookie days? Perhaps they promised to help him become the Pirate King, but betrayed him at the last minute? Perhaps that's why he's so mistrustful.....

But still, I guess I'm also wondering why he wouldn't just take the opportunity to do away with Ivankov in order to keep his secret safe? I mean, it's not like he can't find any other powerful (yet disposable) prisoners in levels 5 or 6 to help him bust out of prison now that he's partnered with Luffy. Maybe this shows how the okama king is more of a veteran than he is.....?
Old 2009-04-22, 13:52   Link #39
junte86

hum it might be something comical.. after all this is one piece who knows Iva turned croc a woman once they encountered and croc had to bag Iva to make him back to a man...

I mean Iva simply is a nightmare to any people no matter how strong ther are if they are injected with some wierd hormone.... it would be the best embrassing moment for any pirates ....
Old 2009-04-22, 13:55   Link #40
karumofin

wow this is the perfect halfway point story for one piece.
Closed Thread