AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-23, 22:57   Link #1
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Futari wa Milky Holmes

Third season has been green-lit for the summer.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-3rd-tv-anime
Old 2013-01-23, 22:59   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

HELL YES.

Pinkie, AJ, Rarity and Rainbow Dash are ba-

Wait, that third season is already airing.

Either way, hell yes.

Curious that they're not going with Ellery in the third season, but instead two other new girls. Maybe they're related to Mori?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 23:17   Link #3
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sweet anther season
Old 2013-01-24, 05:54   Link #4
Dop
Mmmm....

Can it possibly be as crazy as last season? Can they ever top the "God of Lard" sequence?
I'm surprised, but I'll watch it!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 06:31   Link #5
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Having a new Milky Holmes anime is always a good thing, so I'll definitively watch it. The character designs of the two new characters are awesome as always.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 07:33   Link #6
LROlsson

The two new characters are Kazumi (VA:Terakawa Ami) and Alice (VA:???)

It is said the theme of them two was black (Kazumi) and white (Alice). The VA for Alice will be audition and will start on the first February and her design might change after that.

It is said the new series in summer neither will be full gag (First and second season) nor full serious (alternative ova) but rather something in between.

http://www.animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1358939374
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 09:18   Link #7
Midonin
Last Engage

As long as it continues Mori's story. That ongoing mystery is one of my favorite parts of the series.
Old 2013-01-24, 09:31   Link #8
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
As long as it continues Mori's story. That ongoing mystery is one of my favorite parts of the series.
Hard to say if it will... Here is a time line and the world lines of Milky Holmes http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/02...0d0519d391.jpg.

The X axle is the time and the Y axle is how serious/comical it is. The order from top till bottom is: The anime series (s1,s2,ss), The smart phone game, New series, Alternative series and last is the psp game series. As you can see on this graph the new series does not belong to the old series.
Old 2013-01-24, 09:37   Link #9
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
As you can see on this graph the new series does not belong to the old series.
My excitement from yesterday is still valid, but now there's a touch of confusion as well. The first two seasons seemed like they could go on forever, and the writers were finding new ways to top themselves while also telling a compelling story and building a stable of running gags. I accept that every franchise is eventually going to take a direction that I may not agree with, and will watch and enjoy nonetheless because I like this world and these characters. Even Alternative was good for what it set out to do, though I found it a little dry. I just wonder what prompted this decision.
Old 2013-01-24, 09:47   Link #10
LROlsson

Quote:
My excitement from yesterday is still valid, but now there's a touch of confusion as well. The first two seasons seemed like they could go on forever, and the writers were finding new ways to top themselves while also telling a compelling story and building a stable of running gags. I accept that every franchise is eventually going to take a direction that I may not agree with, and will watch and enjoy nonetheless because I like this world and these characters. Even Alternative was good for what it set out to do, though I found it a little dry. I just wonder what prompted this decision.
Above is the sales of 1st season, and below is 2nd season. To put it simply, 2nd season bombed hard, and some people thought the Milky Holmes franchise was over, at least the anime version.
1期
01巻 5,144(1,785) 5,861(*,***) 11.01.19 ※合計 7,646枚
02巻 4,901(1,392) 5,458(*,***) 11.02.25 ※合計 6,850枚
03巻 2,514(*,818) 4,813(*,***) 11.03.16 ※合計 5,631枚
04巻 3,852(1,044) 4,559(*,***) 11.04.29 ※合計 5,603枚
05巻 3,882(1,020) 4,427(*,***) 11.05.27 ※合計 5,447枚
06巻 3,899(*,963) 4,366(*,***) 11.06.24 ※合計 5,329枚

2期
01巻 2,353 12.03.21
02巻 1,460 12.04.27
03巻 1,370 12.05.25
04巻 1,340 12.06.29
05巻 *,*** 12.07.27
06巻 1,247 12.08.24
Old 2013-01-24, 09:50   Link #11
Midonin
Last Engage

I was hoping for more of an artistic-based answer than a numbers-based one. I'll acknowledge the relationship between those two, but reducing everything to numbers and statistics... I just find it kind of unpleasant. At least the series isn't completely losing its comedic roots, so there's that silver lining.
Old 2013-01-24, 10:01   Link #12
LROlsson

Quote:
I was hoping for more of an artistic-based answer than a numbers-based one. I'll acknowledge the relationship between those two, but reducing everything to numbers and statistics... I just find it kind of unpleasant. At least the series isn't completely losing its comedic roots, so there's that silver lining.
I didn't mean to come a little cold but that is how I see it. I personally is glad that they bring a little seriousness in to the anime series since I am more a fan of the games. However I didn't like the Alternative very much but that was more because of they spent very little time for such a "large" plot.
Old 2013-01-24, 11:04   Link #13
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Well this is most welcomed news, even not full comedy I look forward to it, the comedy of the 1st 2 seasons was great.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 11:43   Link #14
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

LROlsson

Anime sales bombed but producers still got a lot of money from the merchandise and some other things
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 11:48   Link #15
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
LROlsson

Anime sales bombed but producers still got a lot of money from the merchandise and some other things
But the question is if it because of the Games, Mangas, Anime or the idol unit. In any case with the 2nd game not performing well and second season bombing and no real new announcement until today some where worried. It seems they are trying to combine the game fans with the remaining fans of the anime. Lets see how that goes.
Old 2013-01-24, 12:14   Link #16
TJR

Quote:
But the question is if it because of the Games, Mangas, Anime or the idol unit. In any case with the 2nd game not performing well and second season bombing and no real new announcement until today some where worried. It seems they are trying to combine the game fans with the remaining fans of the anime. Lets see how that goes.
Bushiroad probably hopes that a refresh (complete with additional characters and a new direction?) might breathe new life into the franchise. I think it's more or less an admission that the initial wave has run its course, but as the first media franchise for the company, they aren't giving up on it just yet.

It'll be interesting to see how Bushiroad handles the next wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin
The first two seasons seemed like they could go on forever, and the writers were finding new ways to top themselves while also telling a compelling story and building a stable of running gags. I accept that every franchise is eventually going to take a direction that I may not agree with, and will watch and enjoy nonetheless because I like this world and these characters. Even Alternative was good for what it set out to do, though I found it a little dry. I just wonder what prompted this decision.
They changed up the main staff on Alternative. Yoshiaki Iwasaki (director of Alternative, Twin Angel, Hayate 2, etc.) has a new project slated for this year, so I wonder if this is it.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 12:23   Link #17
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
It's. time. for. THIS!

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 17:21   Link #18
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
(insert "possible Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy seiyuu" comment here)
Old 2013-01-25, 01:59   Link #19
Krookodile

YES more of this awesome series!! The two new characters look good too!
Krookodile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 10:25   Link #20
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:

It is said the theme of them two was black (Kazumi) and white (Alice). The VA for Alice will be audition and will start on the first February and her design might change after that.

It is said the new series in summer neither will be full gag (First and second season) nor full serious (alternative ova) but rather something in between.

http://www.animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1358939374
About the suit:
Spoiler:
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote